Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 01:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Planned Parenthood is a great organization. Providing abortion services is an incredibly small percentage of what they do.
They perform 300,000+ abortions a year. Per their own statistics.

Abortions are NOT a *small percentage* of what they do. They don't even provide prenatal care, even though they claim to help *plan* parenthood.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
never understood this *logic*

When a woman has sex she understands that pregnancy is a consequence and bears the responsibility 50/50 with the man, who also understands that yes, sex leads to pregnancy. Can't have one without the other.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. Pretty simple and is 100% effective. And if you can't control yourself well that's on YOU.
Accidents happen. Birth control fails.

And when that happens, it's Not. Your. Business.

Pretty simple.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:58 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:

Abortions are NOT a *small percentage* of what they do. They don't even provide prenatal care, even though they claim to help *plan* parenthood.
How many pap smears do they do? How many breast exams do they perform? How many condoms do they distribute, how many scripts for birth control pills?

Old 12-08-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
Conservatives : "I don't want to pay for you welfare queens to be popping out babies that my tax dollars pay for!"

People : "Fine, I'll get an abortion."

Conservatives : " NO! That's an abomination! We are the group of caring!"

People : " Fine, I'll take advantage of the pennies on a dollar birth control provided through Planned Parenthood."

Conservatives : "Not with my tax dollars you won't! We are cutting that requirement from the ACA! Poor and stupid people just stop having sex, it's so easy!"

People : "Fine, I'll have the kids and you can help pay for the housing, medical and school costs, plus deal with the repercussions of what happens when kids come from broken homes of parents that can't responsibly raise them."

Conservatives : "Not with my tax dollars..."
Or:

Woman: I'm not in a committed relationship, I don't want to have a kid. I should be really careful, not sleep around. I don't want to get pregnant.

Friend: The easiest way not to get pregnant is to not have sex.

Woman: Yes that is VERY TRUE. And maybe if I do want to have sex I should make sure I use 2 kinds of birth control just to be sure. Or wait till I'm in a committed relationship and am OK about having kids.

Amazing how the ONLY responsibility neofeminists will fight for is the right to kill a baby.

Any other responsibiliies and they are so not interested. Baby killing? They can't scream loud enough about it. But they'll never tell their own kind... Don't want to get pregnant? Then be responsible BEFORE.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:01 PM

For those who harp on "responsibility", would you also like to see treatment for STDs to be made illegal? How about for diabetes caused by poor diet or obesity? How about medical care for a solder who gets a leg blown off, because obviously, stepping on a IED is a risk when you go into combat?

Old 12-08-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Or:

Woman: I'm not in a committed relationship, I don't want to have a kid. I should be really careful, not sleep around. I don't want to get pregnant.

Friend: The easiest way not to get pregnant is to not have sex.

Woman: Yes that is VERY TRUE. And maybe if I do want to have sex I should make sure I use 2 kinds of birth control just to be sure. Or wait till I'm in a committed relationship and am OK about having kids.

Amazing how the ONLY responsibility neofeminists will fight for is the right to kill a baby.

Any other responsibiliies and they are so not interested. Baby killing? They can't scream loud enough about it. But they'll never tell their own kind... Don't want to get pregnant? Then be responsible BEFORE.

I was in a committed relationship when I had an abortion, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Are you under the impression that only single women have abortions?

Old 12-08-2017, 02:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:

Yes, abortions do account for a small percentage of the many things they do for women, unless you would call 3% of the services they offer anything other than small.

They also provide sex education to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.

They conducted 4.2 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases, which accounts for 42% of the services they provide.

They do 360,000 breast exams per year and 270,000 pap smears and cervical cancer screenings per year.

Educate yourself so you don't look so ignorant.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
For those who harp on "responsibility", would you also like to see treatment for STDs to be made illegal? How about for diabetes caused by poor diet or obesity? How about medical care for a solder who gets a leg blown off, because obviously, stepping on a IED is a risk when you go into combat?
Pregnancy is not a medical condition. It is also voluntary. You don't have to get pregnant.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, abortions do account for a small percentage of the many things they do for women, unless you would call 3% of the services they offer anything other than small.

They also provide sex education to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.

They conducted 4.2 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases, which accounts for 42% of the services they provide.

They do 360,000 breast exams per year and 270,000 pap smears and cervical cancer screenings per year.

Educate yourself so you don't look so ignorant.
And they perform 300,000+ abortions a year.

Why did you leave that out?

Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I was in a committed relationship when I had an abortion, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Are you under the impression that only single women have abortions?
No only people who don't value life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies