Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When it's inside the womb its a fetus? When it's outside the womb it's a baby?

The difference? Time and location.

What do you call a 23-week-old preemie? A displaced fetus? No it's a baby. It was a baby when it was in the womb and it's a baby when it's out of the womb. You don't say, wow so great you had a 23-week-old fetus! It's not old enough to be baby according to my timeline, and but well it's outside the womb so ... is it a baby? Wait I'm confused ...

And that's a fact that YOU cannot change. It's a baby in the womb and it's a baby outside the womb. Deal with it. That first step is a doozy ... watch out for that gravity ...
What’s the difference? One is dependent on the womb to live, the other is not. Huge difference. Anyone can care for a baby, a disabled or old person who wants the job. Not so with a pregnancy, that lands solely on the individual woman. She has to want to gestate and birth, other wise it’s forced pregnancy, Labor, delivery, not to mention either giving up a child for adoption or raising the baby for 18 years. The difference is huge

Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Interesting. I wouldn't be sure of that at all.
Yeah, it wasn't a problem for me at all. I found out, called my boyfriend at the table & we made the appointment. The only thing we had to figure out was how to pay for it.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:47 PM

693 posts, read 357,257 times
Abortion is legal.

Don't like it, change the laws.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:17 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
So your decision is to kill all babies with birth defects?

Great plan. Let me know how it goes. Be sure to tell all moms who love their kids who have birth defects your plan. I'll start with my aunt and tell her she should've killed my nephew, that somehow he didn't deserve life.

Do you people even hear how grotesque you sound?

Argument after argument after argument to try to rationalize, support and promote killing babies.

Either that, or you are just a troll trying to push buttons.
I didn't say I wanted to kill all babies to birth defects. I want no such thing.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:53 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
How does anyone being killed have an effect on you? You just don't care? You support people being murdered? Gotcha.

You seem to think that morality is malleable or defined by any person's whim on any given day.

As I explained, it's like gravity. You can think whatever you want about gravity, but you will fall if you try to step off a cliff. Gravity doesn't care what your ideology is, who you sleep with, what color your eyes are or what your opinion on abortion is. You WILL fall if you step off the cliff.

Abortion is wrong. It is immoral. And no amount of saying, "well them's not MAH morals!!!!" can change that simple fact. Killing a baby is immoral. Period.
No amount of insisting that you're right will make it right to drag people, whose brains are still primitive, into lives of poverty, squalor, and various mental and physical handicaps (some of whom will not live past their first few years), against their mothers' will either.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:28 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
What are you saying? That every women should never get pregnant because she will die as a result?
Instead of childbirth we should have mandatory abortions for all? /facepalm/
How many of those cases were women who were told NOT to get pregnant?
How many of those were cases of MEDICAL error?
How many of those were cases of complete and utter random fluke, 1 in a billion chance of death?
Pretty much covers all of the 700 / 150,000,000 women in the US.
But let's kill all babies because of the minascule chance of medical error, disregarding medical advice, or complete and utter random risk.
PP kills 300,000+ a year
vs 700
Yah, those are comparable. Good gawd.
I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all, maybe you have forgotten but this is your post that I was responding to:

Quote:
Pregnancy is not a medical condition. It doesn't need treatment.
And it doesn't kill me. It kills the baby.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:59 PM

57,309 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Fox News and the GOP at it again

Planned Parenthood under investigation by Justice Department over sale of fetal tissue | Fox News

Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If only men would step up and act like men when the woman they are with gets pregnant there would be less abortions.
Or wrap it up and pull it out.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:59 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Two Companies That Sold Aborted Baby Parts for Planned Parenthood Forced to Close Down | LifeNews.com

In what is the first successful prosecution in the scandal involving Planned Parenthood, the abortion industry, and the sale of aborted baby parts, two companies that sold aborted baby parts for the nation’s biggest abortion company have been forced to close down.

The two California-based companies reached a settlement with the Orange County District Attorney’s office of almost $8 million dollars. As a result of the settlement the two companies will close up shop over the next couple of months and will no longer be selling parts from babies killed in abortions for Planned Parenthood or anyone else.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:08 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
How does anyone being killed have an effect on you? You just don't care? You support people being murdered? Gotcha.
there is no "people" being "murdered". Both the words "person" and "murder" have very simple but clear definitions

The vast majority - around 90 to 92% - of abortions by choice happen in or before week 12. The near totality - approaching 98% - by week 16.

At these stages there is nothing in play in the fetal development that even _remotely_ constitutes personhood. Your shrill and desperate misuse of terms to screech your agenda is transparent and obvious as an MO at this point.

Quote:
You seem to think that morality is malleable or defined by any person's whim on any given day. As I explained, it's like gravity.
Gravity is an objective reality. Morality is the result of a subjective philosophical discourse amongst our species as a whole. The two could not be more different.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-12-2017 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies