Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why are you bringing up Obama?

I thought the topic was Moore and his comments?
Gotta be Moore’s Campaign Manager, I guess.

If what he said was true and there’s context, even if Moore meant no malice, what an incredibly stupid thing to say. He clearly was only thinking about white families, which is probably pretty telling when you think about it.

And then there’s the fact that white slave owners would cheat on their wives with black slaves. Usually by rape.

Oh yeah. Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because his quote was not "the last time this country was great was when we had slavery". We all know what the partial quote was and thats not it yet people are saying he said that. Did he imply it, is it what he meant IDK but I know thats not what he said.
I would not support Moore going by what I see of his character and I cant speak for the people of Alabama.
Moore did refer to specific time period. "Even though we had slavery", references a specific time in American history. That is what he said. You're argument is both pedantic and obtuse. That's quite an achievement.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

If what he said was true and there’s context, even if Moore meant no malice, what an incredibly stupid thing to say. He clearly was only thinking about white families, which is probably pretty telling when you think about it.

And then there’s the fact that white slave owners would cheat on their wives with black slaves. Usually by rape.

Oh yeah. Good times.
Yes, regardless of context, it's very telling.

Certainly not surprising - but definitely telling.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
IDK, the interview should have clarified it. That may not have been in reference to a time period.

Its like seeing those snip its of phone video. You have no idea the events leading up to the moment or what followed.
How can it not be in reference to a time period? We had slavery in this country until the Civil War. After the Civil War we didn't have slavery. That's a clear dichotomy in the timeline of this nation.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Moore did refer to specific time period. "Even though we had slavery", references a specific time in American history. That is what he said. You're argument is both pedantic and obtuse. That's quite an achievement.
Thank you.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
I thought the greatest period in our country's history was the 1950s? We didn't have slavery then, but we did have Jim Crow.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:30 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Oh yeah. Good times.
And you actually saw this happen?

Old 12-08-2017, 12:32 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Just think most of these conservatives are supposedly religious people. Lots of hypocrites out there in the religious community.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The part about slave owners raping black slaves?

Is this a serious question?

Pick up a book sometime.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:39 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Ever heard of history books?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies