Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 09:50 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Name one thing that white people did to "the world" that wasn't done by "the world" to them FIRST?

That's the problem with you people. Your Eurocentric education doesn't provide you with any sort of frame of reference. You've also never seemed to grasp that Europe and its peoples were colonized, invaded and enslaved by "POC" for hundreds of years longer than the European colonial period lasted.

NOTHING the West did is unusual or exceptional. Except to, you know, end slavery and form the basis of modern notions of human rights and social justice. But yeah... all the bad stuff? Been there, done that, LONG before "the white man" got in the game.

As for interracial dating/marriage? So what. But, there is a bit of a flaw in this where "Hispanics" are often considered an "interracial" marriage. It's not. That's more of an INTERETHNIC marriage. Inter ETHNIC marriage is what created the American melting pot in the first place. Sometimes a marriage between a Hispanic or Latino is interRACIAL, but not always.
Considering how no hispanic person is pure, most of them have at least spanish and native american, it wuld be a interracial marriage.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:57 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,244,940 times
In terms of society in general, I haven't discovered any beneficial effects from the increase in interracial marriage. What I have found, via scientific studies and published Census statistics, was that marital domestic violence and spousal homicide are higher in interracial marriages.
For instance: "interracial couples reported higher intimate partner violence than monoracial white couples" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3611980/); see also the Fusco 2010 study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19966246).

National crime statistics support the studies' conclusions: interracial marriages have higher spousal homicide rates. For example, there are 8.76 spousal murders per 100,000 couples when the husband is black and the wife is white, compared to 0.98 spousal murders per 100,000 couples when both are white That's a massive difference.

There are a few exceptions: Native American husbands kill wives of their own race at a rate of 2.06 per 100,000 couples, but kill white wives at a much lower rate of 0.95 per 100,000. (http://www.annalsofepidemiology.org/...fulltext?cc=y=). Unfortunately, these exceptions involve a small portion of the total, because the vast majority of interracial couples are formed from the largest demographic groups: 61.3% of America's population is white; 17.8% are Hispanic or Latino, and 13.3% are black (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...e/US/PST045216).

In short, it comes down to the races involved: interracial spousal violence and murder is good for society for certain (rare) racial combinations, but bad for society in other racial combinations.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
In terms of society in general, I haven't discovered any beneficial effects from the increase in interracial marriage.

In short, it comes down to the races involved: interracial spousal violence and murder is good for society for certain (rare) racial combinations, but bad for society in other racial combinations.
Wouldn't you think that you'd have to study 2 or 3 generations in the future?

It is a common human mistake to look at things NOW or in our lifetimes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how the world works. The world goes on.

Show me the violence stats in 3 generations.......also, break things out by education, family net worth and other criteria.

ALso, as I have pointed out many a time, some states and regionals have violent crime rates NOW which are 2 to 4X that of others. In many cases, this is not race-based, but just the culture - the tendency for domestic violence in most cases.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,386,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
No.
Quite the opposite...

For every action there's a reaction. We simply cannot ignore cause and effect.
But there is no cause and effect in this case. There is pretext, opportunism, and anti-white racism not caused in any way by whites.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:44 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
No, the world has never been a panacea. However, since Europeans have been the primary forerunners of technology since the 15th century, they've managed to utilize that technology in some of the most heinous, abusive, and inhumane ways.

So the dark continent enslaving rival tribes, if not literally trying to eliminate them from existence did not exist before, during, or after the time period you reference?
Tell that to the children who were raised to hack rival tribes to death at the tender age of 7 or greater.
The irony of this topic as it relates to such things is how the rival tribes women and daughters were kept alive in an effort to be breeders for the conquering tribe.

Whether whites were more intellectually superior than other races as respected people like Winston Churchill believed, you cannot believe whites brought worse atrocities upon other cultures than other races have. If so, you need to hit the history books again to see how black, brown, red and yellow have all had their very dark periods in human history.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:55 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What do you think of gay marriage?
I disapprove as a matter of social policy.

Quote:
In one post, I remember you said you were a gay man? right?
Yes. I don't make policy decisions based on my situation.

Quote:
I don't mean to be obnoxious, but one should know love is something cannot be forced or explained.
That is true. I would not forbid either gay marriage or interracial marriage.

But the question here was whether I approved of interracial marriage. I don't approve, for the reasons I've given.

Quote:
So what is so different or socially deviant about interracial love?
Social deviance is not the issue. The disappearance of the white race is the issue. Other races in other parts of the world are not intermarrying with whites. So they will maintain themselves as races. As whites become a minority in the United States and Europe due to immigration and low fertility, as they continue to have few kids (failing to replace themselves), and as they intermarry with non-whites, they will eventually disappear.

I am for true diversity, which means that all the different races continue to exist, not just the non-white races.

Quote:
Should a gay man and a girl with 1/4 Japanese blood living in the United States of America be considered as subhuman? Just because I had a Japanese grandmother, that means I contributed to white genocide? This makes no sense.
It is the combination of massive non-white immigration into white countries, forced integration of whites with non-whites, low white fertility, reverse discrimination against whites, anti-white rhetoric in schools and in the media, increasing social acceptance of interracial marriage, and the penalties such as censorship or losing your job if you object to all of this that is the problem.

Surely you can see where this is all going. Whites will eventually disappear through intermarriage (people here have said how great they think that will be) or through more active genocidal measures. Non-whites are being taught to hate whites and blame them for every little thing. They are taught that only whites are guilty of slavery, etc., which is not true. If whites become a minority, there is a reasonable case to be made that they will be persecuted. It's already happening in South Africa, and it has happened in Zimbabwe.

I don't see you personally as subhuman or a threat.

As for gays, I don't see them (or myself) as subhuman or as a threat to society. They are a small percentage of the population. You could kill them all right now, and in thirty years they would be back, because it is straight people who make gay people by having a certain percentage of kids who are gay.

Gay marriage? I thought civil unions that gave gay people the same rights as married people were good enough. But a lot of gays insist that they must have all the rights (and problems) that straights have, or else they are "oppressed." This makes no sense. Gays are different, want to be different, yet they insist on being the same. Even to the point of fighting over a word, "marriage."

Monogamous heterosexual marriage has only one real social purpose: child raising. There is no other reason to be married. You don't need a piece of paper to love somebody. And if you want hospital visitation rights, inheritance rights, etc., you can just go out and hire a lawyer to arrange those things without getting married, and you can do it for a friend, not just your "significant other."

As someone who was raised by a mother and a father, that, to me, is the model that is appropriate for society. That is my policy preference. It doesn't mean that I condemn gays who get married.

Last, let me say that people are too inclined to think that "If you're not completely on my side, then you're completely against me." Life isn't that simple. I have never felt obligated as a gay to support every gay cause concocted by the morons who lead the so-called gay community.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-12-2017 at 12:40 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
So whites can enslave, colonize, displace, brutalize, and annihilate any race or ethnic group desired and expect to have no consequences...
Every race has practiced slavery and oppression. Whites were just more successful at conquering the rest of the planet. It wasn't as if non-whites weren't trying.

Read some history. Arab Muslims, Persians, Aztecs, Mongol hordes, the Japanese in WW II, genocide in Rwanda, etc.

I'm sick and tired of this "blame whitey" nonsense.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:25 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,601,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

That's perfectly all right.

But the question here was whether I approved of interracial marriage. I don't approve, for the reasons I've given.

Social deviance is not the issue. The disappearance of the white race is the issue. Other races in other parts of the world are not intermarrying with whites. So they will maintain themselves as races. As whites become a minority in the United States and Europe due to immigration and low fertility, as they continue to have few kids (failing to replace themselves), and as they intermarry with non-whites, they will eventually disappear.

I am for true diversity, which means that all the different races continue to exist, not just the non-white races.

It is the combination of massive non-white immigration into white countries, forced integration of whites with non-whites, low white fertility, reverse discrimination against whites, anti-white rhetoric in schools and in the media, increasing social acceptance of interracial marriage, and the penalties such as censorship or losing your job if you object to all of this that is the problem. Surely you can see where this is all going. Whites will eventually disappear through intermarriage (people here have said how great they think that will be) or through more active genocidal measures. Non-whites are being taught to hate whites and blame them for every little thing. They are taught that only whites are guilty of slavery, etc., which is not true. If whites become a minority, there is a reasonable case to be made that they will be persecuted. It's already happening in South Africa, and it has happened in Zimbabwe.

As for gays, I don't see them (or myself) as subhuman or as a threat to society. They are a small percentage of the population. You could kill them all right now, and in thirty years they would be back, because it is straight people who make gay people by having a certain percentage of kids who are gay.

Gay marriage? I thought civil unions that gave gay people the same rights as married people were good enough. But a lot of gays insist that they must have all the rights (and problems) that straights have, or else they are "oppressed." This makes no sense. Gays are different, want to be different, yet they insist on being the same. Even to the point of fighting over a word, "marriage." Monogamous heterosexual marriage has only one real social purpose: child raising. There is no other reason to be married. You don't need a piece of paper to love somebody. And if you want hospital visitation rights, inheritance rights, etc., you can just go out and hire a lawyer to arrange those things without getting married, and you can do it for a friend, not just your "significant other." As someone who was raised by a mother and a father, that, to me, is the model that is appropriate for society. That is my policy preference. It doesn't mean that I condemn gays who get married.

Last, let me say that people are too inclined to think that "if you're not completely on my side, then you're completely against me." Life isn't that simple. I have never felt obligated as a gay to support every gay cause concocted by the morons who lead the so-called gay community.
Who cares about that, and who cares about you? I’m gay too, I will never breed and so are you, meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I am good with that.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
No, the world has never been a panacea. However, since Europeans have been the primary forerunners of technology since the 15th century, they've managed to utilize that technology in some of the most heinous, abusive, and inhumane ways.
You prefer the old methods to the new?

The slaughter of all men, women and children?

Killing with sword and fire?

Heads on sticks?

Elaborate tortures?

Cannibalism?

Enslavement?

Old 12-12-2017, 12:33 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

That's perfectly all right.

It is the combination of massive non-white immigration into white countries, forced integration of whites with non-whites, low white fertility, reverse discrimination against whites, anti-white rhetoric in schools and in the media, increasing social acceptance of interracial marriage, and the penalties such as censorship or losing your job if you object to all of this that is the problem. Surely you can see where this is all going. Whites will eventually disappear through intermarriage (people here have said how great they think that will be) or through more active genocidal measures. Non-whites are being taught to hate whites and blame them for every little thing. They are taught that only whites are guilty of slavery, etc., which is not true. If whites become a minority, there is a reasonable case to be made that they will be persecuted. It's already happening in South Africa, and it has happened in Zimbabwe.

Gay marriage? I thought civil unions that gave gay people the same rights as married people were good enough. But a lot of gays insist that they must have all the rights (and problems) that straights have, or else they are "oppressed." This makes no sense. Gays are different, want to be different, yet they insist on being the same. Even to the point of fighting over a word, "marriage." Monogamous heterosexual marriage has only one real social purpose: child raising. There is no other reason to be married. You don't need a piece of paper to love somebody. And if you want hospital visitation rights, inheritance rights, etc., you can just go out and hire a lawyer to arrange those things without getting married, and you can do it for a friend, not just your "significant other." As someone who was raised by a mother and a father, that, to me, is the model that is appropriate for society. That is my policy preference. It doesn't mean that I condemn gays who get married.

Last, let me say that people are too inclined to think that "if you're not completely on my side, then you're completely against me." Life isn't that simple. I have never felt obligated as a gay to support every gay cause concocted by the morons who lead the so-called gay community.
ok fair enough

thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies