Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:10 PM

19,772 posts, read 22,673,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Dems look after women more than republicans do.
PHMA and deep red state nationalists don't want women in power.

They have teeny peeny syndrome.

Can't have a woman on top, lol

Old 12-09-2017, 11:21 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not worried, or hoping. Just observing. If you watch Trump carefully you will realize that he's actually very predictable. When he gets pushed into a corner (or he imagines he's getting pushed into a corner) he comes out with all guns blazing, destroying everything around him. That's what is going to happen with Mueller - Trump can't stand the idea of being under investigation, his ego is so fragile that he will do something as stupid as firing him. As another poster mentioned, one of his big worries is probably Mueller unearthing other skeletons in the closet regarding his businesses, not even related to Russian collusion. Maybe that explains his recent frantic behavior, who knows?
Well, the investigation might be stopped somehow or the other.

But if it is, likely every bit of evidence Mueller has gathered will eventually be printed (sooner than later) something like the Pentagon Papers were in the NY Times. It is the fed gov't after all, nothing is completely, absolutely, totally safe and secure.

I would look certainly look forward to a good read. So would everyone else (excluding Trump of course).

Old 12-09-2017, 11:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I have no idea what will happen, but what should happen is every American peacefully demonstrating against this blatant abuse of power. Do none of you see anything wrong with a President who fires the very person who is investigating him?! Does this not look the least bit suspicious? If this comes to pass and Trump gets away with it we can kiss our democracy good-bye and just crown him king already.
I really hope that there is a demonstration similar to the one to oust the last South Korea president.

Regardless of what party you are in, just keep in mind that he will have set a precedent by doing this. I want to hear a single Republican who says it is ok for a Democratic president to get rid of a special counsel who's investigating him/her.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Dems look after women more than republicans do.
Yeah,
they are telling them to touch it like its an ear of corn. They look after them like a garden. Can't wait to see what the new crop will bring.

Truth = nothing to do with political party's.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:20 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He (trump) will be impeached.

you mean like Maxine said back in early 2017?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i like trump, but if he interfered with mueller in any way, he be gone by noon. They would impeach him so quick. but as long as mueller is honest, there no reason to get rid of him.
Agreed. That would be a line he knows he can't cross. And there's no need, anyway. Let Mueller investigate whatever he wants; if he doesn't find something he can prosecute Trump for, then Mueller and the Trump's dissenters will have to just bugger off.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:55 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
So I'm pretty sure one of two things have occurred. A) The president did nothing illegal. or B) Even if he did, you will never be able to prove it.
Perhaps, but from everything I've read about Robert Mueller, having served Presidents from both parties, Princeton, Ex-Marine, couple of of "Acting" designations in the DOJ, obscenely-paid DC lawyer now working on expenses, the one thing the man absolutely lives for is proving it. Period. It's his thing.

TrumpCo. may well be in irreversible deep trouble. If anyone has any expectations that the band of movie characters Trump brought in with him have the practical ability to outfox Mueller, prepare for a letdown. We've already seen it twice in six months.

Think of it this way, Mueller is the guy Washington has on speed-dial when they find themselves looking at monumental legal exposure at the federal level. The guy has a lot of cred and can pull a lot of juice. If he gathers evidence like he has throughout his career, it won't matter if he gets canned or not. Trump's done.

Welcome to Washington Mr. Trump. (not your typical grift)

(BTW - I lived through Watergate and the past 3 weeks are feeling a little familiar and after Christmas it might feel a lot more. Defense lawyers getting extra sassy, a lot of "look over here", the media taking extra care to get the record accurate and tightening up on scruffy work, although it seems you'd never know it but I believe it's happening just like during Nixon. Lot of less than stellar reporting then too, but they stepped up and generally got it right.)

Old 12-10-2017, 01:05 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I think he will fire Mueller too. I think he knows the Republicans won't do anything. Fox News is hammering Mueller all the time now.

Considering how fast the Republicans backpedaled on the hard stance they initially took with Moore they can't be trusted to do the right thing.

This is an op-ed below from David Brooks. I try not to be negative, but I feel this could happen.

(excerpt)
There is no end to what Trump will ask of his party. He is defined by shamelessness, and so there is no bottom. And apparently there is no end to what regular Republicans are willing to give him. Trump may soon ask them to accept his firing of Robert Mueller, and yes, after some sighing, they will accept that, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/o...s-rotting.html

On the PBS Newshour, David Brooks, in referring to Trump and the Republicans, said, "That when you make a bargain with the Devil, before long, he's running everything."

Old 12-10-2017, 01:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
On the PBS Newshour, David Brooks, in referring to Trump and the Republicans, said, "That when you make a bargain with the Devil, before long, he's running everything."

David Brooks? LMAO! The Liberal Republican from the New York Times.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:56 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

Do none of you see anything wrong with a President who fires the very person who is investigating him?! Does this not look the least bit suspicious? If this comes to pass and Trump gets away with it we can kiss our democracy good-bye and just crown him king already.

Those that voted for him think it's great they don't really understand/care what's at risk. They see as draining the swamp but their reality is different then those who know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies