Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:05 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
POTUS fires Mueller, Republicans have a major problem. Mueller has already got an ally in the NYS AG and would then take over investigation in NYS (POTUS home state).

Republicans would see the entire chain of information dripping out thanks to the Patriot Act. That's the one passed by the GOP after 9/11.

So they would have to slow walk an impeachment or get the POTUS out.
The Republicans have a major problem no matter whether Trump attempts to have Mueller fired, or not. You have to realize that Trump is NOT a Republican. He has absolutely no loyalty to them, or their platform, or their constituents. He and Bannon are the founders of the New American Fascist Party; and one of the first goals of the NAFP is to tear apart the "establishment" political structure of the Republicans and Democrats; this is not exactly a novel strategy, we've seen it many times before in history.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb When Trump fires Mueller, what will happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Thought about setting up a poll on this question but I really hate those things. Better to throw the question up here for open discussion.

It's simply a matter of time before Trump fires Mueller. It's his only chance to stay in office through 2018. In doing so of course he will destroy any chance of re-election, but he really doesn't care about that at this point; he wants to avoid the ultimate humiliation of being impeached from office, which is the likely outcome if he lets the Mueller investigation continue.

We hear talk about a Constitutional crisis if this were to occur, and the Democrats think that Republicans will join in an impeachment - but not sure I buy it. The likely result is that Republicans will give it a lot of lip service and patriotic grandstanding but in the end, they will stand behind their dictator. Maybe he will wait until Moore is elected, because Roy would surely be a powerful ally when he decides to fire Mueller. If he's lucky, McCain's health will continue to fail, because the old man will surely be a thorn in his side. Don't worry, Trump will retain his hardcore base - sure it will shrink, but he will still retain enough of them to fill his rally halls. That will be enough to survive through his first term.
I share your concerns.

The GOP has shown repeatedly over the past year that they're no longer concerned with the rule of law. And tRump still has strong, deep support in both the house and senate Pub caucuses. As long as they hold a majority in either house, any attempt at impeachment will be futile. Both congressional investigations are farces, with Pubs on the House and Senate intel committees stonewalling to cover tRump's treasonous backside.

Mueller's investigation is the only remaining legal avenue to uncover the extent of the tRump/Putin campaign/election conspiracy and the continuing leverage that Putin holds over tRump due to this shady dealings with Russian oligarchs and his massive debt to them.

The recent tRump slanders against the FBI and Mueller have been echoed by Trumplings in congress and Fox News is in full blown bunker mode feeding their low info viewers all kinds of blatant lies about both Mueller and the FBI. All of this frantic right wing activity actually goes to confirm how close Mueller is getting to bringing down tRump and his regime. Their clear desperation indicates that they recognize that not only would tRump go down the drain, but likely Pence would accompany him.

It would be an unprecedented disaster for the Pubs and they'll go to any length to snuff it out. They fully grasp that Watergate is a trifle in comparison to the peril their party faces with this scandal.

When tRump moves to shut down Mueller, it will be with strong GOP support in congress. Outside of a handful of house and senate Pubs who will publicly announce their opposition, behind the scenes they'll ensure that enough backers will remain to stifle any attempts at impeachment.

At that point, it'll be up to the American public to show massive outrage and stand up to these criminals and their attempts to subvert the Constitution.

Yes, I think it'll result in unprecedented protests, violence and possible bloodshed when it happens.

Pay attention, everyone.

We're witnessing history being made. Nothing like this has ever threatened our country previously.

It's America vs tRump & followers.

I still think America will win, but it won't be pretty. And the GOP along with the presidency will be severely damaged in the process.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:19 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Don't you people understand Trump will never fire him?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He (trump) will be impeached.
No he (Trump) won’t.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i like trump, but if he interfered with mueller in any way, he be gone by noon. They would impeach him so quick. but as long as mueller is honest, there no reason to get rid of him.
He would be because of the sheer call volume the republicans would get. If it happens prior to 2018, I think you can kiss the house majority goodbye. I think advisors keep Trump on a short leash with this one to avoid Watergate blowback.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Here's something that will make your head explode. There's going to be an even bigger investigation into the bias that Mueller's bogus team had. Payback is a mudder focker.
I doubt it, this is just a red herring to the issue off what Trump knew when similar to Nixon with Watergate. Nixon wasn't brimg brought on impairment charges for being in on it, just impeding the investigation into what he knew. In this case, Trump might be involved directly, or he only knew of involvement. We don't know but we need to know.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I think it is wrong to have pro Hillary supporters on the team that is investigating.
Why isn't it a bipartisan team? After all these months and millions of dollars what have they found out? It certainly hasn't been the earth shattering impeaching evidence the Dems had hoped for.

I'm sure whatever they do find will be of little consequence but will be blown out of proportion by the Left and they will expect us all to be outraged over it.

Trump should just let this play out because if he does fire Mueller the conspiracy theories will be crazy. Let it play out so in 2020 there will no longer be any talk of Russian collusion.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Mueller's investigation is the only remaining legal avenue to uncover the extent of the tRump/Putin campaign/election conspiracy and the continuing leverage that Putin holds over tRump due to this shady dealings with Russian oligarchs and his massive debt to them.

It would be an unprecedented disaster for the Pubs and they'll go to any length to snuff it out. They fully grasp that Watergate is a trifle in comparison to the peril their party faces with this scandal.

The Watergate burglary is small potatoes compared to conspiring with the Russians.

There will be some who will stick with Trump come hell or high water. They will carry on about deep state conspiracy and so forth.

Whether these folks will stick with the Republicans is another matter.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it is wrong to have pro Hillary supporters on the team that is investigating.
Why isn't it a bipartisan team? After all these months and millions of dollars what have they found out? It certainly hasn't been the earth shattering impeaching evidence the Dems had hoped for.

I'm sure whatever they do find will be of little consequence but will be blown out of proportion by the Left and they will expect us all to be outraged over it.

Trump should just let this play out because if he does fire Mueller the conspiracy theories will be crazy. Let it play out so in 2020 there will no longer be any talk of Russian collusion.
Let me ask you, wouldn't Trump voters want investigations if the roles were reversed? If you say yes, you have no room to speak because this is the same thing. I would want Hillary investigated if she was accused of something. Why, because we need to know. I rather find out it is "nothing burgers" than to wonder if it is the case.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:46 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I'm honestly just curious as to why you think Mueller should be allowed to continue this "investigation". Should he be allowed to continue "investigating" forever? Because I believe that's exactly what is going to happen because if you just can't find what the "sky criers" want to here, the only option seems to be "keep looking, it's got be out there somewhere". Have any of you ever actually stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, there is no evidence to be found that will actually link our president to some sort of crime? That maybe at some point, this investigation will actually have to end, even if you fine people didn't get what you wanted. It's a serious question, and one I hope people will actually put some thought into. Because at some point, Mueller will have to call it quits here. We're coming up on a year, and despite many, many false claims put forward in the media, time and time again claiming "We've Got Him Now!!!", it just hasn't happened and isn't going to happen. This sort of reminds me of the "birthers" who just refused to believe Barack Obama was an American citizen. No matter how much time passed, and no matter how many times false evidence supporting claims that he was not a citizen were refuted, they just wouldn't let it go. Because they just knew, "if they kept looking, the proof was out there".

Bottom line, if information on Trump proving he committed a crime were actually out there, it would have been found already. So I'm pretty sure one of two things have occurred. A) The president did nothing illegal. or B) Even if he did, you will never be able to prove it. I know that neither of these choices will make you people happy, but honestly, that's where we are.

Also, it would be really nice for some of you to actually acknowledge some of the other very real corruption that has been happening on the other side of the aisle. I know you hate Trump, I get it, but you should still have enough integrity to recognize when others have done wrong, even if they are in your camp. There is real tangible evidence to support the claims being made against certain other people in the political world today. If that kind of evidence becomes available against our President, then I will give it the attention it deserves. It would be nice if you fine people would do the same now.
Mueller didn't start in until May of this year - so we're hardly coming up on a year! Watergate took more than a year and there's a helluva lot broader corruption going on here - as evidenced by the deals going on to shorten sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies