Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:19 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,513,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Most men who harass women don't get rich and famous, and certainly don't get rich and famous in the process of harassing women. And if speaking up immediately wouldn't have any effect in stopping the man from harassing more victims, but would have the effect of hurting the woman even more than she's already been hurt, your admonition seems to be that she should accept being collateral damage.
You keep making excuses. If you feel that you've been wronged or abused then REPORT it. That's all i'm saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 11:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,250,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
You did the right thing though.
Right for whom? No good came of it. No justice came of it. And I still get side-eyes and smirks for being the one who “ratted on so-and-so” 20 years ago, if I’m back in the old neighborhood. You get that: people who bore witness to what he did, and knew I was telling the truth, still thought I should have kept my mouth shut,and trashed me because I didn’t.

The only one who suffered the consequences was me. First by being relentlessly sexually harassed, and then by the repercussions of speaking up.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 12-12-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 11:20 AM

7,834 posts, read 4,583,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I doubt we would have the same hysteria if Hillary won. Women would just be shut down like Hillary did against Bills accusers.

It's funny how leftist are all of a sudden concerned but do or say nothing about rape accusations against Bill Clinton. Even supporting Hillary for president where Bill will roam the WH halls again. I'm sure it would have brought back memories for him.
Perhaps you could pull your head out for a moment and understand this is about a lot more than Red vs. Blue.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,938,173 times
Quote:
You did the right thing though.
It doesn't sound as if it was the right thing for her. She got punished, severely, for doing the "right" thing, and the guy who victimized her suffered no consequences. He was even free to do it to others. After he was reported. How is it the "right thing" if she got forced to pay the price for being the victim?

Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
You keep making excuses. If you feel that you've been wronged or abused then REPORT it. That's all i'm saying.
That IS all you're saying. You're not thinking of the consequences a woman may suffer after she reports it. In fact, you're dismissing those consequences as if they are immaterial. They aren't immaterial to the woman.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,513,757 times
Quote:
That IS all you're saying. You're not thinking of the consequences a woman may suffer after she reports it. In fact, you're dismissing those consequences as if they are immaterial. They aren't immaterial to the woman.
Ok i get it, your saying they should be silent. Gotcha.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,913,378 times
It may not be easy but now claims are going to be heard and accepted in most cases.

Still necessary to be brave, though...

[/b]
Quote:
You make it sound so easy. It's not. And in the past, the scumbags often haven't been the ones getting fired, nor have they gone to jail. Women have often lost more than a career.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Ok i get it, your saying they should be silent. Gotcha.
No, I'm saying that they should do what's right for them. They have the choice. They don't have to listen to some idiot on the internet telling them what's right in his opinion. What's right for them may not be right for you. But it's their choice. They are the ones who understand the position they are in. Clearly you don't. They understand what they have at risk. You don't. They understand that their credibility might be challenged, and that can have long-term consequences. You don't get that. They understand what evidence they have, and they understand what they want to happen. I respect the women who've come forward recently. I respect their courage to say this is what happened to me, whether it happened two weeks ago or two decades ago. I also respect the women who chose to stay silent. I know their decision was difficult, but I understand that they were looking out for their future, and weighing their chances of their complaints actually yielding positive results.

I don't get any sense from you that you respect women at all.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It may not be easy but now claims are going to be heard and accepted in most cases.

Still necessary to be brave, though...

[/b]
Tell that to Trump's accusers. Tell that to Roy Moore's accusers.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:37 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,700,715 times
An issue with very late reporting is that it cannot be addressed fairly and legally. More of a case of he said she said. HR departments often elect to protect the company and fire based on gossip just to protect their turf. These will be settled in court someday. Everyone is entitled to legal representation and their day in court. If it can be proven a false claim resulting in loss can result in obligations and criminal charges. Years ago when i was in corporate work HR held a meeting and their suggestion was to never be alone with a opposite sex employee. However scheduling constraints left it impossible to follow their simple suggestions. And of course is the matter of degree. Some will be offended by the most innocent remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies