Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But this is bull****. Why didn't you ask me what value women have to me?

One woman is my professional mentor. Another is my boss and mentor - I respect her, she respects me, and we have a good working relationship. Other women are important to me as friends. An important set of women raised me and taught me many of my most important life lessons.

The one who is my close partner - she is a director at a large biotech and brings more money home than I do. So she is certainly doing her part to provide for our current and future needs. She does not need me for any financial support.

I could show you many women who are braver than you, smarter than you, more accomplished than you, more successful then you.

You have such a disgustingly small-minded and sexist view of relationships between men and women. It's like your mind is stuck in the year 1750. It is frightfully sad.
LOL! That’s not because they are women!

Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 AM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
A little balance to address the current climate of hysteria:

Can We Be Honest About Women?
NO!

Any discussion, as with race, is really a test, not a discussion.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:53 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
In which the one who invites you/me/anyone to discuss, judges the person they invited to discuss, (insert hot topic), quilty and sentenced if the proper answers are not checked off or inadequate to sooth the discussion inviter.

Nah, they really do not want a discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
NO!

Any discussion, as with race, is really a test, not a discussion.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:21 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Exactly. Many women have to rely on a man to get **** done. If it was left to a women, we'd still be living in grass and mud huts.

A man has many values to a woman, that a man provides for them. The only thing a man "needs" from a woman, is sex. it is a mutual trade.
Okay, Oedepus.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
As a senior female who went through the whole women's liberation of the 60-70s that demanded men not see us as sexual objects, I find it ironic and sad that many of today's young women dress and act as blatant sexual objects. What we once called "slutty" dress and behavior is now quite fashionable.

I find this unfair to men. Call me old fashioned. If we are asking men to make changes in their inappropriate behavior, I think as women we need to stop sending inappropriate sexual signals with highly sexually provocative clothing (or lack of) and sexually provocative behavior.

I am not justifying sexual harassment and sexual violence, I am merely confused at the double standard and hypocrisy
I see with many young women these days.

Last edited by mountainrose; 12-14-2017 at 07:36 AM..

Old 12-14-2017, 07:38 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
As a senior female who went through the whole women's liberation of the 60-70s that demanded men not see us as sexual objects, I find it ironic and sad that many of today's young women dress and act as blatant sexual objects. What we once called "slutty" dress and behavior is now quite fashionable.

I find this unfair to men. Call me old fashioned. If we are asking men to make changes in their inappropriate behavior, I think as women we need to stop sending inappropriate sexual signals with highly sexually provocative clothing (or lack of) and sexually provocative behavior.

I am not justifying sexual harassment and sexual violence, I am merely confused at the double standard and hypocrisy
I see with many young women these days.
It was once slutty to show your ankles or earlobes.....

Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Sexiness whispers: "Psssssst. You. Yes, you. I'm betting you like this. Don't you?"
Sluttiness yanks up its skirt and screams: "Anyone! Anyone!! SOMEBODY here wants to hit this!! Amirite?? AMIRITE?! Come on! Whatcha waiting for?"

There is nothing wrong for women to dress sexy, for her man and for herself.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 AM

18,115 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post

Here's the thing: Women today don't turn to men for a definition of their worth or "purpose." You can think whatever you want, but we no longer care.
Actually many women (not all) do derive their self-worth from getting a man. This can be seen daily and it affects girls and women of all ages.

Look how women, starting from young teens, pose for pictures, especially their selfies. Duck mouth, trying to look as sexy as possible.

Look at something as innocent as Disney movies, seen by millions of little girls (and boys) around the world. What's the typical narrative of a Disney movie? Lonely or isolated or minimized young female, in a not great situation or is otherwise clueless, is in a less-than ideal situation, meets & is desired by a man or male animal substitute as man, and achieves her greatest purpose in life by:

1. landing the man, who changes her life for the better
2. Takes her out of her drudgery and
3. Lives happily ever after because she has been saved.

I know women, super-educated, intelligent, highly degreed, who cannot be happy until or unless they're in a relationship. All their achievements, impressive on their own, mean less than their 'success' in finding a boyfriend or husband. When a woman gets engaged, what do all the other women do? Ooooh and awwwww...lemme see the ring! The ring!

Old 12-14-2017, 08:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Women are toxic.

I have very little to do with them.
He man woman haters club.

You know how the Sausage is made huh?

Old 12-14-2017, 08:14 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Actually many women (not all) do derive their self-worth from getting a man. This can be seen daily and it affects girls and women of all ages.

Look how women, starting from young teens, pose for pictures, especially their selfies. Duck mouth, trying to look as sexy as possible.
well, many women and men want to stay young and sexy, that is why my uncle (a plastic surgeon) has a job. I know women who have said this, "I am married, I do not need to be sexy anymore." Okay, if this is what you want. I certainly don't respect women or men who stop taking care of themselves physically after marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

I know women, super-educated, intelligent, highly degreed, who cannot be happy until or unless they're in a relationship. All their achievements, impressive on their own, mean less than their 'success' in finding a boyfriend or husband. When a woman gets engaged, what do all the other women do? Ooooh and awwwww...lemme see the ring! The ring!
You cannot find happiness from other people, true happiness comes within.

I don't look down on people who choose being single for the rest of their lives or live together without a marriage. It is their life and their life has nothing to do with me. I will never judge them. I know people who said they had no obvious, rational reason to get married. That is fine by me.

Some people want a partner to adventure together, some people want to have a lot of money, some people want someone to love or complete them, and some are forced into marriages because their parents made them. So whether or not the attrition rate makes sense to get married, people get married because of the end goal or desire they want. And they believe that getting married can help them attain that goal.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-14-2017 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies