Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2017, 08:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Evil... just go find a different progressive meme to try to pitch. The subsidy folks, God Bless ‘em, do not pay enough if any taxes, to get hurt by this bill.
cool story, maybe you stop supporting the people who are destroying the middle class and creating mass inequality i would spin a different story.

but as it stands i see hypocritics on the right, supporting this plan but also the first ones with their hands out looking for federal support at state all the way down to the individual.
So excuse me if i think you are full of it, "earthly".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 08:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Exactly how much tax does the poor pay?
lots and lots.

about 50% taxation is sales , local etc. the poor, the low income , the families just getting by they all pay our regressive taxes every time they use a service, buy gas, purchase clothing.

I know you want to pretend the "RICH" pay all the tax, but that is false.. the rich pay about 55% of federal taxes, but % paid is low.

the title of this thread is BANG ON THE NOSE! just scraps for the proles and trillions (yes plural) for the rich over the next decade, trillions.

Just wait until the accountant get a hold of this plan, i suspect we will be able to drive buses through the massive gaps. You can't rush a plan like this without making lots of mistakes.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lots and lots.

about 50% taxation is sales , local etc. the poor, the low income , the families just getting by they all pay our regressive taxes every time they use a service, buy gas, purchase clothing.

I know you want to pretend the "RICH" pay all the tax, but that is false.. the rich pay about 55% of federal taxes, but % paid is low.

the title of this thread is BANG ON THE NOSE! just scraps for the proles and trillions (yes plural) for the rich over the next decade, trillions.

Just wait until the accountant get a hold of this plan, i suspect we will be able to drive buses through the massive gaps. You can't rush a plan like this without making lots of mistakes.
Doesnt the rich pay sales tax? They are the biggest spenders.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You've always made it clear you prefer the Alabama and Mexican system of a flat and low income tax and a high sales tax.
Go back and read all my relevant posts. They all suggest the tax system Scandinavian and European countries use. You're imagining things that aren't there.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:33 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Exactly how much tax does the poor pay?
Let me ask you this. We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world yet no one looks out for the poor. Why is that. And this new tax plan certainly doesn't help them.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Let me ask you this. We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world yet no one looks out for the poor. Why is that. And this new tax plan certainly doesn't help them.
Here's just a short list of charities that help the poor:

https://mswonlineprograms.org/poverty-hunger/

Old 12-17-2017, 10:41 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's just a short list of charities that help the poor:

https://mswonlineprograms.org/poverty-hunger/
I am not talking about charities. I'm talking about this new tax plan

Old 12-18-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am not talking about charities. I'm talking about this new tax plan
Taxes aren't necessary to care for the poor. There are plenty of charities that do so.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:39 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Go back and read all my relevant posts. They all suggest the tax system Scandinavian and European countries use. You're imagining things that aren't there.
Yes, you have stated that you support the Trump tax plan and are AGAINST stronger unions, high tax-to-GDP and much higher taxes on the rich. This is totally in line with the Latin American and Alabama way of doing things that you want to see happen in America. This idea that you support something else is laughable.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:41 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Taxes aren't necessary to care for the poor. There are plenty of charities that do so.
Yes, just like in Latin America, your dream system, where the poor has to rely on charities instead of a public safety net. There is nothing great about the poor having to beg for charity donations. Move to Mexico or Peru and see how that works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies