Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
have made four demands of the city. They include: removing the trees; building a 6-foot privacy wall for residents who want it; installing netting or something similar to prevent errant golf balls from flying into residents' yards; and planting new trees similar to those seen along other parts of the course.

Let me see if I have this correct. The trees are bad and racist but, a 6ft wall and netting plus, planting more trees is ok? First of all I thought the people of California were against walls of any kind.
More nonsense. Privacy walls are pretty much standard in CA. 6 feet gives privacy while allowing one to view the surround such as mountains or a golf course. Nets are common on tight courses where the homes are subject to frequent hits. More spacious courses keep the golfers away from the homes. Strategically placed trees can protect specific homes from tees.

The trees involved are a solid mass that approximates a wall...and has a chain link fence in it to prevent one from breaking through. Unheard of in any normal course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 09:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Liberalism is without a doubt a mental disorder
True, but then again so is repeating trite catchphrases from talk radio, ad nauseum, instead of contributing an original thought.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:24 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times
One of the few redeeming aspects of golf is all the trees that make for the complete "nature" view, setting and experience. I would just find a new course to play on if I had to look at low income neighborhood backyards and people during my golfing experience. Golf is for the well to do and retrieving your stray ball out of poor people's backyards kind of kills the whole vibe. Plenty of other choices out there.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Are the trees like racist Ents? Are they afraid they are going to uproot and go on a rampage through the black community?

Maybe the Ents are fed up with single parenthood and straight from school to prison mentoring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8WyXv7hQvE

Old 12-19-2017, 09:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I prefer white birch trees.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
No trees aren't racists, but sure as hell are!

Old 12-19-2017, 09:55 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Well, duh. They popup up when the news hits, when would you expect people to start threads about a news item? A year later? Yesterday there were several threads about the train derailing in WA, funny, like a flag went up.
There's a difference between news and "news", this isn't news, it just a quick call to arms to throw around something as racist and to get your yucks in. Sorry if that's to obscure a concept for you, but it it's on display here regularly. You snowflakes on the right take every chance you can get to do this.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:34 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Let me see if I have this correct. The trees are bad and racist but, a 6ft wall and netting plus, planting more trees is ok? First of all I thought the people of California were against walls of any kind.
Not just California but liberals everywhere think walls are a monument of racism and bigotry.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:48 PM

296 posts, read 232,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I read the entire article and watched the video.

It was clearly done 50some years ago with at least class warfare tactics in heart...and yes...I'd bet my bottom dollar racial implications as well.

Type of tree, the fence, other areas of the course without such barriers...all adds up to a class and/or racial issue.

Got it. Absolutely. Palm Springs city officials of the 1960s were most likely racist against blacks.

What you don't do is continue to live and support such behavior in that city. The real estate agent/race huckster moved in around 2003.

Was he temporarily blind at the time? The trees were there. The history was known. Why would he buy and represent depressed property due partially from racist city planning 50 years ago?

Because he knows he can shakedown the city and exploit the taxpayers of Palm Springs for money. That's why.

This isn't how you "move forward" as the libs are always babbling about. Now residents in the rest of Palm Springs (black, white, whatever) have to foot this bill. Using the government to rob your neighbor never endears you to that neighbor.

A better proposition would be for private citizens in that neighborhood to ask the city to privatize the golf course and make a condition of sale to potential buyers that the trees must be removed at their expense. Or the citizens themselves can ask to buy the golf course.

This doesn't line the pockets of the gangster real estate agent and his cronies though.

WHY ON EARTH MINORITIES, ESPECIALLY BLACKS, CONTINUE TO ASSOCIATE AND DO BUSINESS WITH THE GOVERNMENT IS ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST MYSTERIES.
But were blacks living there fifty years ago?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:15 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
One of the few redeeming aspects of golf is all the trees that make for the complete "nature" view, setting and experience. I would just find a new course to play on if I had to look at low income neighborhood backyards and people during my golfing experience. Golf is for the well to do and retrieving your stray ball out of poor people's backyards kind of kills the whole vibe. Plenty of other choices out there.
Nice. I'm not sure a city golf course is for the well to do. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies