Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 03:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This tax bill is just the latest example. The vast majority of American taxpayers, and virtually all middle class working people, see a sizable tax cut under the Republican tax plan. It puts money in people's pockets, stimulates business, encourages job creation.

Sadly, the individual tax cuts expire in 2027. Most everyone has read that. However, what you aren't reading about-and what the MSM is refusing to report-is WHY. It's pretty simple actually. In order to make these cuts to American taxpayers permanent, there must be 60 votes for it in the Senate. Sadly-ZERO Democratic senators were willing to do the right thing and do something to aid American workers.

Instead, every Democrat voted to screw over the American worker.
Every. Single. One

When you see the extra money in your paycheck come January-remember that. And more important-remember that next November when these same Dems that voted to deny you a tax break are begging for your vote.
What a stupid title. My father was a Dem and worked 40 yrs or more of his life.

I worked 40some yrs of my life and I'm 79. What is this Hate stuff?

OP: How many years have you worked? So many haters around here.

A lot I dislike but Hate....

Old 12-20-2017, 03:30 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
How is it that Trumplings are so incapable of seeing the world right side up instead of how their mouthpieces tell them to look at it?

Oh, wait!

This explains it:

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.
Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people such as political dissidents and ethnic minorities. These constraints might include restrictions on immigration, limits on free speech and association and laws regulating moral behaviour. It is the willingness to support or take action that leads to increased social uniformity that makes right-wing authoritarianism more than just a personal distaste for difference. Right-wing authoritarianism is characterized by obedience to authority, moral absolutism, racial and ethnic prejudice, and intolerance and punitiveness towards dissidents and deviants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

They're just very compliant followers who do what they're told.

I knew it wasn't complicated.

If it wasn't complicated, why did you have to outsource your thought process to Wikipedia?

Let's review:

You posted this...

"How is it that Trumplings are so incapable of seeing the world right side up instead of how their mouthpieces tell them to look at it?"

And then you immediately post someone else's opinion about something you apparently didn't feel comfortable commenting on that explains to people like you how you should look at things.

As for that free speech thing, I totally support your right to post ridiculous, self-contradictory nonsense that exposes the personal intellectual limitations you have attempted to project onto others.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:37 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How does shifting even more wealth to the top help the workers? Working stiffs are being placated with what amounts to pocket change, and in exchange we'll have even bigger deficits and likely cuts to social programs that people depend on.
This isn't what the Democrats say it is. It's not them taking money from the taxpayers and giving it to the rich. It's them taking less money from the rich via taxes. There's a difference between the two!

Old 12-20-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
How will cutting medicare, medicaid and social security in order to help pay for tax cuts for already wealthy people helping the working class? Many of the major tax cuts are actually for corporations and not even ppl. Use your brain instead of watching fox news, unless you're already brain dead.
If they did cut those things, that was bad if they did it to pay for the corporate tax cuts. However, long term, we are going to need to cut those things (FYI, I myself am on Medicaid) because they are already broke and if we keep going, even the IOU's will be broke. It's not right to take money from those not born yet or those that are still kids to pay for your goodies.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This doesn't affect you until 2019. So you will see no difference come January. Remember how Obama passed the ACA without a single republican. Republicans in the country retaliated by voting democrats out. Same thing is going to happen to republicans because the majority in this country are against this tax plan. And who do you think is going to pay for adding to the deficit. Our kids and their kids. Stop being so selfish and think about how we are going to burden them to pay this. Republicans have always been known as fiscal conservatives. So I am really surprised they all voted for this.
I am against the 1.5 trillion infrastructure bill. I oppose the education savings accounts and the school choice because, as the system is right now, it just will expand federal control of education and I'm trying to end federal control of education.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Both parties serve people who don't work for a living.
You're right, to a degree. They do serve themselves (the politicians). Though they also serve the millionaires and billionaires who are pals with them a lot. The rest of us, not so much. You're naive if you think either party as a whole in DC cares about average Americans.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Some, but certainly not all or even most. The Democrat base is filled with government dependents, illegal aliens, and convicted felons.
aka liberal elitists. Do you actually believe what you posted or is that just some talk radio rhetoric you drag out to trigger dems?

Old 12-20-2017, 04:56 PM

510 posts, read 447,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I just have one question for you which is my complaint. We are adding to the deficit, so who is going to pay for that. I guess this is our legacy that we will leave to our children.
Younger generations should pay for retired and elderly. And benefits such as tax rebates don’t create any new problems. Stop worrying about a deficit. The government and its’ working class have operated and lived in deficit for years. That’s how the wealthy want it.

Remember the whole “balanced budget” is nothing but a scam. The wealthy always get more regardless of who’s in office. the country and the working class and poor ALWAYS get less.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:23 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
If they did cut those things, that was bad if they did it to pay for the corporate tax cuts. However, long term, we are going to need to cut those things (FYI, I myself am on Medicaid) because they are already broke and if we keep going, even the IOU's will be broke. It's not right to take money from those not born yet or those that are still kids to pay for your goodies.

Healthcare is not a "goodie." It's not a luxury. It can be life and death. If social security, Medicare and Medicaid are all cut, people will die, it's that simple. And/or many old and disabled people will live lives of utter misery.

Most of the people on Medicaid or who are on food stamps work--those that don't are too disabled or elderly.

I don't know what is going to become of America if we remove vast portions of the safety net. What are people who are disadvantaged suppose to do? Just die?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 PM

510 posts, read 447,705 times
Default History repeating itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Healthcare is not a "goodie." It's not a luxury. It can be life and death. If social security, Medicare and Medicaid are all cut, people will die, it's that simple. And/or many old and disabled people will live lives of utter misery.

Most of the people on Medicaid or who are on food stamps work--those that don't are too disabled or elderly.

I don't know what is going to become of America if we remove vast portions of the safety net. What are people who are disadvantaged suppose to do? Just die?
People are ignorant of history and think that benefits they’re receiving have always existed. Not true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies