Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 03:30 PM

9,597 posts, read 4,408,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
How is Trump not beholden to the rich? Just look at his cabinet. You can argue he wasn't beholden on the campaign trail, which is perfectly debatable, but his actions as President suggest otherwise.
The point is that both Trump and his opponent are beholden to the rich. You are seriously naive if you think otherwise. I sure hope you don't vote based on your completely unfounded perception that Clinton is any different than Trump when it comes to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 03:34 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,407,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The point is that both Trump and his opponent are beholden to the rich. You are seriously naive if you think otherwise. I sure hope you don't vote based on your completely unfounded perception that Clinton is any different than Trump when it comes to this issue.
I was hoping that Trump would make a statement on Citizens United and all the money in politics, this bill has donor class written all over it. Mitch McConnell admitted they needed to pass something for their donors or forget about campaign contributions.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,164,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?

It's a good question, but I'm not too sure.

Apparently, there are quite a few people who switched from Democrat Bernie Sanders to Trump. It mystifies me, but I suppose they both attracted people whose attention is caught by shiny new things.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:56 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,726,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was hoping that Trump would make a statement on Citizens United and all the money in politics, this bill has donor class written all over it. Mitch McConnell admitted they needed to pass something for their donors or forget about campaign contributions.
Even Dems donors agree with that idea as they cut off donations to the losers who have no policy's and only run on hate.

Last edited by phma; 12-26-2017 at 04:12 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 03:57 PM

5,904 posts, read 3,925,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I have voted for a few Democrats in the past, but now they all seem too far left and crazy for my taste. Even JFK wouldn't be accepted by today's Democrats.
And Nixon wouldn't be accepted by today's Republicans.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:01 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,825,730 times
Quote:
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
It's ok to disagree with the president. But as you said, if you stand right, there is no way we can support an extreme leftist party like Democrats are today.

Just as I didn't like Obama's policies (at all) but yes, he was personable, I like Trumps policies even though he says things that ugh. When given the choice I'll vote for the man who's policies I agree with over a smooth talking politician who's policies I can't agree with.

Also note that every time the left screams Armageddon and Russia, you are not looking too sane yourselves.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,927,901 times
Quote:
That's a lie. The polls weren't that far off and Hillary did win the popular vote. I am sure you knew that though. The only thing that didn't go as planned on election night was the Rust Belt, which Trump only won by a razor-thin margin.
Crooked hillary got her fat, ugly azz handed to her by the man who is in the process of saving America and making it great again after eight years of an America hating Muslin doing his very best to destroy America.
If you love America you should thank God every day Trump kicked the crooks butt..
If you don't love America, keep ragging on Trump...

Old 12-26-2017, 04:11 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,385,608 times
The supporters that I know, would have voted for Hillary had she been Republican. There is no place for any sane person in either party.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:09 PM

24,527 posts, read 33,408,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You can keep your doctor.
You can keep your health care plan,
Health care premiums will go down significantly!
Benghazi was about a video.
There is zero corruption in the IRS.
There are shovel ready jobs!
How soon they (conveniently) forget.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:00 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,952,181 times
Quote:
I believe you hit the nail on the head. He was elected into office by the anyone but hillary crowd. They like it that he doesn't take crap from anyone. Shame they don't look at policy though. It's always about policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies