Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
That's because of California, New York, and a few other states that she won.

And don't forget the illegals voting, votes from dead people, and votes flipping from Trump to Hillary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Both candidates knew very well the rules of the game, so I dont understand why the popular vote keeps popping up like somehow Hillary deserves a red ribbon and a Payday candy bar, Lol.
The point is that more people supported someone else, the rules of the game doesnt change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 05:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I swore off voting for any Democrats or Republicans back in the mid-90s but Mr. Trump forced my hand and I had to vote Republican (for him). First time actually. I always voted Democrat before I realized both parties are crooked as hell.
Yep, and people voted for Obama because thought he was hope and change. In hindsight we now know he was more of the same. But when given a chance to vote for someone who wasn't beholden to the rich, people voted for more of the same Hillary. People claim they want change but when given the opportunity they attack at every turn.

People don't vote on what they want, they vote what they're told. My point, not only is the govt corrupt, but the media is corrupt and easily manipulates people.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:03 PM

20,464 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
you keep telling yourself that. it will make it more painful when Republicans extend their lead in congress and re-elect Donald J. Trump in 3 years.

7 more years!
7 more years!
7 more years!
7 more years!
7 more years!
7 more years!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:00 AM

30,901 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
I would disagree. I would say that a majority of people support various aspects of Trumpism but don't support the entire package.
This would describe me. I voted 3rd party because Trump is such an egomaniac and seemed to say whatever it took to get the vote. He also didn't impress me as a fiscal conservative. But there are aspects to what he said that make sense to me. For example, I don't think Mexico is ever going to pay to "build the wall". But he did call attention to the fact that America has, for 40+ years, tolerated a level of illegal immigration that no other developed country would tolerate for 5 minutes.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:06 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But when given a chance to vote for someone who wasn't beholden to the rich, people voted for more of the same Hillary.
How is Trump not beholden to the rich? Just look at his cabinet. You can argue he wasn't beholden on the campaign trail, which is perfectly debatable, but his actions as President suggest otherwise.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
If Bernie Sanders had gotten the Dem nomination, would you have voted for him...nobody was more pro-worker than Senator Sanders is. Every policy he supported would help the working class and middle class.
All that free stuff he promised has to come from somewhere.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:12 AM

9,524 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
The same reason HRC still has a base which adores her. My own sister is one of them. No amount of empirical data or facts will convince her that Hilary is anything but a messiah. Some people are just nuts.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:18 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
All that free stuff he promised has to come from somewhere.
The oligarchs said the same thing in the 1930s.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
No, more like, the U.S. military finally found and got bin Laden (after almost a decade of searching that started under Bush) but since it happened under Obama’s watch, he got the credit.

Obama was afraid to even mention the words “fundamental islamic terrorism” for fear of being politically incorrect for chrissakes.
I don't really understand the obsession with this phrase. Is it some kind of magical incantation that kills 10 ISIS members every time it is uttered?

Old 12-26-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The point is that more people supported someone else, the rules of the game doesnt change that.
The rules of the game were put in place because America isn't a democracy (despite what liberals say). A republic protects the minority against the tyranny of the majority. You may say it did the exact opposite this time, but over time direct democracies are actually quite unstable, which can quickly lead to tyranny. As explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDS1OHk7Lf8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies