Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 02:17 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah I thought the mandate was unconstitutional. But still do not support gutting/sabotaging the ACA piecemeal. Only making things worse for the middle class in the process. Put together a damn plan that they think will work and pass that through the regular process. Not this reconciliation nonsense.
Schumer and Pelosi defined "regular process" until they can Impeach President Trump.
They are doing exactly what they promised - VOTE NO because they think that is the way to regain the House, Senate and Oval Office. They are arrogant enough to even admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,236,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Schumer and Pelosi defined "regular process" until they can Impeach President Trump.
They are doing exactly what they promised - VOTE NO because they think that is the way to regain the House, Senate and Oval Office. They are arrogant enough to even admit it.
Oh give it a rest. As if Republicans weren't the very definition of obstructionists when Obama was in office.

We need compromise.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:31 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
FYI This doesn't take effect until 2018 taxes. Proceed as usual for this tax season.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:32 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHERE's the ACA's much better replacement the Liar in Chief told us we'd have immediately after he took office?
You expected him to do the right thing?

Old 12-20-2017, 02:33 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The Mandate was directed towards the relatively cheap, young and healthy risks. Unaffordable relates to our typical Obamacare policy owner, who will of course have to pay even more sans Mandate.

I've never been a fan of the Mandate, having people buy something they don't want. It's not like Military Draft. That being said, the insurance industry told us they needed this to make Obamacare work. I still believe them. Time will soon tell.
Screw the insurance industry.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:34 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes. ^This.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:46 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,025 times
Quote:
I support UHC for the country and I support abolishing this for much the same reason. Those who can not afford the high cost of health insurance also can not afford this tax.

The irony is also notable. Obama says it is not a tax. The Supreme Court has to rule it was a tax to uphold the entire thing. Now it gets shot down because it was a tax.

Why we couldn't have simply done the right thing from the beginning is sad. Now it's all going to crash and it's going to take years to get someone that people trust to try and do the right thing and that is exactly what I said would happen when Obamacare passed.
When they passed it, they INTENDED for it to crash so that they could offer single-payer as the "solution". It's a typical Big Government trick, break something and then offer to fix it, giving them more power of course, as the "solution".

Old 12-20-2017, 02:48 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,025 times
Quote:
I actually agree with you on that. They sided with this to get a payout from the mandated insurance purchasing requirement, even though long term, it will destroy them (Enron CEO mentality). I don't think they want a truly free market system because then healthcare would be so affordable that insurance companies would no longer be needed.

I see them as a hindrance to good healthcare, though not for the same reason as the Left.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:49 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,236,388 times
Yeah...but figure out what the alternative is first. Republicans have a real opportunity to earn the “moral majority” title but are instead just deciding to be hypocrites.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:50 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHERE's the ACA's much better replacement the Liar in Chief told us we'd have immediately after he took office?
John McCain said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies