Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 06:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
How much would you save?
We could save a ton if we gave everyone a magic pill that cured all illness for a lifetime also.

Both are about equally possible. Unworkable solutions are not solutions. We could not deport everyone under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 06:10 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,076,228 times
Are you serious? Ahh, got it. You were making a funny. Satire, right? You go back to your safe space now.

Btw, the forgoing was not a microagression. It was macro to the full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
but it's a shame that healthy people don't have the conscience or integrity to sign up for health insurance in order to pay for the unhealthy among us. The GOP is a selfish party, but so are our young and healthy people too.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:14 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
No, we don't pay for ER care. The person getting the treatment gets a bill. They pay it or they don't. If they don't pay it, the person who owes the bill goes into bankruptcy and the debt is discharged. Please stop repeating the simplistic liberal lie that everyone pays for the uninsured who use the ER for primary care.
Huh? If a bill is not paid, or is discharged in Bankruptcy the bearer of the note, i.e. the Hospital has to absorb the loss, that results in higher fees to all of us.

18,853 posts, read 8,508,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We could save a ton if we gave everyone a magic pill that cured all illness for a lifetime also.

Both are about equally possible. Unworkable solutions are not solutions. We could not deport everyone under any circumstance.
Illegals in the ER are a very local dependent happening. We here in small town AZ we see few. In Douglas on the border it's a big deal.

34,619 posts, read 21,660,732 times
Quote:
How much would you save?
Ten years ago, they cost my county hospital district $677 million a year. It most likely much higher by now.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chron...ls-1596889.php

Old 12-20-2017, 06:15 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can't do that, if you are an employer who is mandated to provide health insurance you can't refer your employees to the individual market. When the ACA first started my husband's employer tried doing just what you suggested and got shot down by the feds.
Yes, the key word in your post being...IF. I don't know one way or the other, as I've never read a post from foundapeanut where she states how many employees they have. IIRC, expatCA has posted that he falls under the mandate number and has given his employees a choice, and that they wanted a non exchange plan.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Illegals in the ER are a very local dependent happening. We here in small town AZ we see few. In Douglas on the border it's a big deal.
I’d bet it costs my county over a billion dollars a year today.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
I'm going to use slight hyperbole here but the point is there.

Turning away sick kids to die is what a Christian nation does?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:19 PM

18,853 posts, read 8,508,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Huh? If a bill is not paid, or is discharged in Bankruptcy the bearer of the note, i.e. the Hospital has to absorb the loss, that results in higher fees to all of us.
It is unlikely the hospital will pursue the patient to BK.

The hospital will always be trying to raise their reimbursement rates. This is somewhat like a utility in that they have to negotiate fees. It is far from free market retail going on.

If say a hospital charges $1M for services, what number do you think they will or could settle on?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Sure you could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies