Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 05:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Informed people don't like Trump's bill.
Once the NY liberals in the video were informed they seemed very enthusiastic. Unless I totally misunderstood what they said. Watch it and correct me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 05:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Ha, reminds me of the same type of idiots who didn't know the difference between the ACA and Obamacare.
Obamacare is the nickname for ACA. People seem to overlook the fact that both bills had elements kept from the public by complicit mainstream aka opposition media. That is the main problem here. They don't want anyone thinking for themselves.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They liked it when they thought it was Burnie's plan and they are the highly educated. What Happened ?
Please show where Bernie said there should be tax penalties for colleges that receive endowments but not for corporate jets? Liberal Democrats fully oppose the GOP tax plan, have gone on record fully opposing it and not one Democrat voted for it. Democrats were given a marked up copy hours before the vote and when Chuck Schumer proposed they take a weekend to read it, Republicans refused.

Republicans refused to even let Democrats have time to read the 479 page tax bill before the vote.

The Senate is about to vote on a tax bill few have read - CNNPolitics

Old 12-24-2017, 05:53 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Informed people don't like Trump's bill.

There is only one thing in the bill that I ever cared about, and that was reinstating the Thirteenth Amendment to the US Con and, once again, prohibiting slavery within the boundaries of our nation.

Now... if I pay less taxes, that's a bonus. If I'm forced to fill out less paperwork that is a REAL bonus. But the slavery issue is what has been eating at me for eight years now. Now it is gone. Free at last. Free at last. Thank GOD almighty, we are free at last.

I should sell tee shirts with "slavery free" printed across the front and a picture of the Healthcare Slavery Law burning below those words. I haven't been happier with anything the government has done over my entire life than I am with the new Thirteenth Amendment being passed.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Lots of things are news to you.

When Mr. and Ms. America see their tax bill decline, they will vote for the Republicans that, unlike Democrats, had enough sense to stop resisting the populist movement spearheaded by Trump.

If Jeb had won, no one that punches a clock would have seen a dime of tax relief.

The same goes for the rest of the establishment, to include the greatest corporate ***** of them all, Hillary Clinton.

Something else you don't know is that Republicans will keep both houses because they came through for ordinary Americans.
BS. I won't vote Republican ever

Old 12-24-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is only one thing in the bill that I ever cared about, and that was reinstating the Thirteenth Amendment to the US Con and, once again, prohibiting slavery within the boundaries of our nation.

Now... if I pay less taxes, that's a bonus. If I'm forced to fill out less paperwork that is a REAL bonus. But the slavery issue is what has been eating at me for eight years now. Now it is gone. Free at last. Free at last. Thank GOD almighty, we are free at last.

I should sell tee shirts with "slavery free" printed across the front and a picture of the Healthcare Slavery Law burning below those words. I haven't been happier with anything the government has done over my entire life than I am with the new Thirteenth Amendment being passed.
If you are referring to the mandate, that is not slavery in any way shape or form

Old 12-24-2017, 06:16 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If you are referring to the mandate, that is not slavery in any way shape or form
Sure it is. Look up the definition of "slavery" in Merriam Webster. Compare. Ponder. Sauté over medium heat for fifteen minutes. Get back with us.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Sure it is. Look up the definition of "slavery" in Merriam Webster. Compare. Ponder. Get back with us.
No, it isn't. Because you just pay the penalty if you chose to go without coverage; and if you were a lower earner, you got subsidies

Old 12-24-2017, 06:40 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
They are pretty much brainwashed in to hating all things Trump and GOP so it's not surprising that when Bernie's name is attached to it they love it. They must all be totally embarrassed.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
BS. I won't vote Republican ever

Communist never would. That isn't news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies