Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 12:04 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times

Advertisements

“The chance of an American being murdered by an undocumented immigrant terrorist is 1 in 10.9 billion per year.”

"[R]oughly 1.6 percent of immigrant males age 18-39 are incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born. This disparity in incarceration rates has existed for decades, as evidenced by data from the 1980, 1990, and 2000 decennial censuses," a 2015 update to an analysis of Census Bureau and crime rate statistics said.

Immigrant crime and terrorism data don't support Trump's policies - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 12:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
“The chance of an American being murdered by an undocumented immigrant terrorist is 1 in 10.9 billion per year.”

"[R]oughly 1.6 percent of immigrant males age 18-39 are incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born. This disparity in incarceration rates has existed for decades, as evidenced by data from the 1980, 1990, and 2000 decennial censuses," a 2015 update to an analysis of Census Bureau and crime rate statistics said.

Immigrant crime and terrorism data don't support Trump's policies - Business Insider
and one might note that the worst terrorism incident in US history was from legal visitors and visa overstayers. Not one of the 9/11 terrorists came in over the border.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:10 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Even if that is true we need to address both problems. The wall will deter the border jumpers (and yes they are still doing it) and tracking visa over stayers will help with the other problem.

Are you serious? You think no criminals are entering our country via our southern border? Also, the former FBI director has stated that those from known terrorist countries have snuck through our southern border. No, I have posted links as proof of what I have stated. You only want to address part of the problem not all of it. I want both problems addressed.
Show me proof that the level that would only be stopped by a wall (not overstays, not kept away from jobs, etc) is anything significant and would be worth the cost, financially and otherwise.

I didn’t say no criminals, I just said how I haven’t seen you post anything about how widespread the problem is. You also keep conflating “people who happen to come from known terrorist countries” with “actual terrorists”. Separate groups. Please repost your links, then.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:20 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,364,379 times
Quote:
I’m not purporting to know what Texans want based on what I think they would. I am just going off evidence presented
You don't have any evidence.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:22 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,364,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The below paragraph was not written by me. I fully agree with you there is no labor shortage. I was trying to educate another poster.
I know. But her comments didn't mean anything out of context, so I included your comment to provide the context.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You don't have any evidence.
The Texas Lyceum survey would appear to be pretty good evidence and gives good data on who was surveyed. I believe Texas is now over a third Hispanic which would give them a big voice in a TX survey. In fact it is very likely to lead to TX turning purple over the next decade.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:51 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Show me proof that the level that would only be stopped by a wall (not overstays, not kept away from jobs, etc) is anything significant and would be worth the cost, financially and otherwise.

I didn’t say no criminals, I just said how I haven’t seen you post anything about how widespread the problem is. You also keep conflating “people who happen to come from known terrorist countries” with “actual terrorists”. Separate groups. Please repost your links, then.

I'm quoting the former FBI Director, Robert Mueller. He said that those from known terrorist countries have slipped through our porous southern border and disappeared into our country. We shouldn't allow anyone in here from known terrorist countries. That's why Trump is vetting the refugees from those countries more effectively because they are higher risks for terrorism. Here are the links proving that the good walls do work and don't try and tell me that illegal entry via our southern border has been so drastically reduced that we don't need a wall. As for the costs I'd rather pay $25 billion for a wall then to see the continued rising of costs of more illegal immigration.

I may be off base but your forum name causes me to suspect you have a vested interest in illegal immigration and why you are so adamantly opposing the wall.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928

Old 12-31-2017, 12:54 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:

Again, the lines between a plain ole "immigrant" and an illegal alien are blurred. This topic isn't about plain ole "immigrants" of which your link's topic heading is about and there is no such thing as an "undocumented".

Old 12-31-2017, 12:56 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then kiss your budget goodbye............
OK by me.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That is their culture. Why shouldn't they speak their language while also speaking english. It's no different then the Irish celebrating St Patrick's day
I guess you missed my point. They love Mexico and everything Mexican but when they need to go back, suddenly Mexico is a foreign land and they can't survive there one day. Got it this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies