Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:03 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

The "wall" was always simply a tool that Trump used to excite his cult. It was never going to happen,and, most importantly, Mexico was never going to pay for it. Just a lot of hot air from a known con man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfIxBjOw3o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 04:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Illegal aliens cost us about $116 billion every year, while DHS estimates the cost of the wall at around $20 billion. The wall pays for itself in no time.
The illegals are NOT leaving in Trump's argument. They will still be here. Actually, if the wall works it would simply make it even harder for people to leave. I was waiting for your answer.

Do you not understand Trumps tweet? "People can stay if we can build the wall".

Now, can we raise taxes to pay for all of this? I've said all along that you can NOT deport all the millions here illegally. It's impossible. Some would self deport if we went after the employers but Trump is not going to do that.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Be honest. Is money your problem? Doubt it.
Money is a part of my problem. I have condemned out of control deficits for years. My problem here is costs and reality as explained above. Whether I support those here legally or not is irrelevant. They aren't leaving.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:31 AM

62,955 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The "wall" was always simply a tool that Trump used to excite his cult. It was never going to happen,and, most importantly, Mexico was never going to pay for it. Just a lot of hot air from a known con man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfIxBjOw3o

Cult? Do you use the same term for the die-hard Democrats who loved Hillary? Never going to happen, huh? I guess those prototypes are just for show? Mexico won't have a choice but to pay if Trump follows through with his plan to make them pay. As for me, I don't care. I'd rather pay $25 billion for a wall than the continued over $100 billion a year for the costs of illegal aliens. I wonder if you all failed math? Can I borrow that crystal ball you are using to find out what the winning lottery numbers will be, Mr. wishful thinking?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Cult? Do you use the same term for the die-hard Democrats who loved Hillary? Never going to happen, huh? I guess those prototypes are just for show? Mexico won't have a choice but to pay if Trump follows through with his plan to make them pay. As for me, I don't care. I'd rather pay $25 billion for a wall than the continued over $100 billion a year for the costs of illegal aliens. I wonder if you all failed math? Can I borrow that crystal ball you are using to find out what the winning lottery numbers will be, Mr. wishful thinking?
The illegals are not leaving.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where is that info coming from lol We are talking about kids who have lived here all their lives. They go to college, have jobs and contribute to our country. Building a wall is a complete waste of money.

The number is about the general costs of illegal immigration. Who cares if "some" have lived here all their lives? Should they benefit from their parent's bringing them here illegally? Yeah, they have taken college seat, spots in the military (because of Obama's EO) and they are contributing to themselves. For every job they have taken it's one that an American could have had. Completing the 700 mile long wall along the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress is a waste of time? It's already been very effective on the shorter sections of our border where it's already been erected.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928

Old 12-30-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I say build a “big, beautiful” wall and if you came here illegally and haven’t committed a crime since then you need to pay a fine, pay any taxes that are owed, and then you can apply for citizenship. Problem solved.

Nope, that's not how the legal process works nor should it! The legal process begins in the "immigrant's" homeland not on our soil. Coming here illegally first is not acceptable and allowing them to pass over the legal process negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration and a slap in the face to immigrants who followed the legal path. They've all committed crimes. First, entering our country illegally and then working here illegally with a fake or stolen ID or worked for cash evading taxes. Your solution to the problem only encourages more illegal immigration and Americans won't get their jobs back with your so-called solution.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Not related.

The plaque btw is UNRELATED to the statue, which was a gift from France, with no stated purpose or intent.

The often quoted plaque was added decades later.
Then get it Off, since it no longer applies.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Illegal aliens cost us about $116 billion every year, while DHS estimates the cost of the wall at around $20 billion. The wall pays for itself in no time.
Save the $20 Billion and cut off the benefits which costs nothing to do.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Save the $20 Billion and cut off the benefits which costs nothing to do.
the costs are that of US citizen children and fixed overheads. You try and deport the illegals and they go up not down. And no you can't cut the benefits because they go to US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies