Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The problem with your claim is I've been saying all along what I have done. The greatest economy is yet to be built by Trump ...
What a bunch of you-know-what. I can pull up many posts of yours -- in addition to post #1 -- in this thread where you were clearly giving Trump credit for the rising stock market. Now that it's been tumbling lately and gone nowhere on the year, suddenly it's got nothing to do with Trump. The ultimate in hypocrisy - you want to give Trump credit when it's getting better, but when it gets worse suddenly it's not his fault.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What a bunch of you-know-what. I can pull up many posts of yours -- in addition to post #1 -- in this thread where you were clearly giving Trump credit for the rising stock market. Now that it's been tumbling lately and gone nowhere on the year, suddenly it's got nothing to do with Trump. The ultimate in hypocrisy - you want to give Trump credit when it's getting better, but when it gets worse suddenly it's not his fault.
That issue of Presidents controlling the economy and market was addressed early on in the thread.
Are you wanting to drag that up again and beat a dead horse ? Peoples opinion on it varies and that won't change.
Were you one that was giving Obama credit for it while it was going up ? I'll go back and look when I get a chance. Many were.

How about post #1520

Last edited by phma; 10-24-2018 at 04:57 PM..

Old 10-24-2018, 04:49 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Bloodbath on Wall Street - again - with more to come. Now, we're giving back 2017 gains.

Too many companies reporting stellar earnings BUT lowering future guidance because of tariffs.

China is not going to give in anytime soon. Further, very poor Treasury auction yesterday - which means they aren't buying our debt, either. Whoopee - so just at the time our deficits are skyrocketing, one of the bigger buyers of our debt says no mas, s.c.r.e.w. you. Gee, I wonder why? Could it be the trade war?

Gotta love that moron in the WH - at least he's consistent - he destroys whatever he touches - alienates our allies, alienates one of the biggest buyers of our debt and trading partners. What could go wrong?

Old 10-24-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
That issue of Presidents controlling the economy and market was addressed early on in the thread.
Yes, indeed it was - right here in post #1, according to YOU:
Quote:
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000

Old 10-24-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
That is an average of 1500 points per year.

In Trump's first year he is set to hit over 4 times that average. Its not by accident.

Obama squandered the recovery.

He could have done much better if he had been positive for growth.
Here's another one where you are clearly crediting Trump for the stock market rise.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Here's another one where you are clearly crediting Trump for the stock market rise.

That is my POV.
Any President that is positive on business as opposed to one that wants to take the profits of business and redistribute them is going to be better. If business sentiment is favorable and the market goes up it should be no surprise.
Obama crushed small business entrepreneurs and the middleclass. It was 7 years into Obama's watch when the middleclass was no longer the largest class. Creating more people dependent on gov. was the Obama plan. Millions more on food stamps etc...…..

Old 10-24-2018, 05:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
That is my POV.
Any President that is positive on business as opposed to one that wants to take the profits of business and redistribute them is going to be better. If business sentiment is favorable and the market goes up it should be no surprise.
Obama crushed small business entrepreneurs and the middleclass. It was 7 years into Obama's watch when the middleclass was no longer the largest class. Creating more people dependent on gov. was the Obama plan. Millions more on food stamps etc...…..
Your credibility here is just getting demolished. Nothing but "blame Obama" when Trump has been president for 2 years. Thats just sad.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
That is my POV.
I see. So when the stock market goes up under Obama, it has nothing to do with Obama. No doubt when it goes DOWN under Obama it has EVERYTHING to do with Obama!

And then - OF COURSE! - when the stock market goes UP under Trump, it has everything to do with Trump. But when it goes DOWN under Trump, it has nothing to do with him!

See? All you're doing is cherry picking who and when you want to give stock market credit to. YOU started this thread giving Trump credit for the rise in the stock market. Now you OWN it whether you like it or not. If the stock market goes down to where it was when Trump was elected, then according to your own reasoning it will be Trump's fault, and you're not going to weasel your way out of it no matter how many lies and rhetorical sleights of hand you attempt.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Your credibility here is just getting demolished. Nothing but "blame Obama" when Trump has been president for 2 years. Thats just sad.
I was being told that its was all Obama's economy when it was going up.

I said if it happens on a Presidents watch they get credit and blame for it. Obama created a bubble economy and Trump is blowing it up to build it on a firm foundation which will create the greatest modern economy America has ever experienced. He was elected as a disrupter and was clear about what he was going to do during the campaign. Cut taxes, get out of bad deals, make better trade deals including using tariffs as a tool to do it.

Trade deals that improve conditions, job for workers here like the ones with S. K., Canada, Mexico and eventually China etc...…….. That's a solid foundation not the free money stock buy backs of the Obama era economy.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I was being told that its was all Obama's economy when it was going up.
No ... I think you misunderstand.

At least in my case, when I point out that the stock market and economy went up under Obama, I am merely using the standard that you and other Trump fans (and, many Trump haters for that matter) use when you say that presidents are responsible for the stock market gains and economy under their watch.

If Trump was responsible for the stock market gains under his watch, then Obama was responsible for the stock market gains under HIS watch as well.

You and other Trump fans here want to give Trump credit for his stock market gains, but you DON'T want to give Obama credit for HIS stock market gains.

You can't have it both ways. Either presidents have control over the stock market, or they don't. YOU have said they DID, based on your reactions to the stock market under Trump. Therefore we are holding you to that same standard and are pointing out that you also MUST give Obama credit for the stock market gains that came under HIS watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies