Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM

39,278 posts, read 27,677,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Thank you, lily! Compassion, kindness and understanding is all that I'm asking for. They won't let me rep you again.....grrr lol.
You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.

Take care of yourself, girlfriend. You are awesome.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,867,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Amen!!!!!

Old 01-11-2018, 01:56 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I wish I could rep a few of you MUCH more!
Ditto!

Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:

Take care of yourself, girlfriend. You are awesome.

I love that quote. Thank you lily, so are you!

Old 01-11-2018, 02:03 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:
I have to say that I agree with Xpat. geekiegurl is very brave to share her experiences with strangers here.

She needs our understanding and compassion. At the end of the day, maybe we can all accept that we are all different. We can agree to disagree with the definition, but giving another human being the compassion and understanding is really a kind thing to do. Kindness still matters. Maybe no one can really convince me why transgenders should be allowed to openly serve in the military, my strong opinion is that they shouldn't be allowed to openly serve in the military. I love the military and I want the best for the military and our service members. However, I don't hate transgender people, we all have different struggles.

I think most posters mean well, this is a sensitive topic.
I absolutely accept that everyone is different. I absolutely accept that compassion and understanding are needed.

That does not mean I need to agree with you. It does not mean you need to agree with me. In fact I allow that you can disagree with me ideologically. Go for it. But it is very clear that the only thing that matters to certain people is the agreement part.

And forcing laws means everyone has to accept ONE viewpoint.

That's the problem, and it is very clear that it is still not clearly understood. I posted about Lindsey Shepherd. Look into it. Look at how the college professors LIED to discipline a TA simply because she didn't further the ideology. She presented in a fair/balanced way. Both sides represented.

And she caught he-- for it. Was called Transphobic. Alt right. Because she presented the info without telling the students WHAT TO THINK.

(BTW the categorizations of Jordan Peterson are incorrect. That professor who says them is an idiot, and is the same one lying directly to Lindsey about students filing the complaints.)

Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM

39,278 posts, read 27,677,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I absolutely accept that everyone is different. I absolutely accept that compassion and understanding are needed.

That does not mean I need to agree with you. It does not mean you need to agree with me. In fact I allow that you can disagree with me ideologically. Go for it. But it is very clear that the only thing that matters to certain people is the agreement part.

And forcing laws means everyone has to accept ONE viewpoint.

That's the problem, and it is very clear that it is still not clearly understood. I posted about Lindsey Shepherd. Look into it. Look at how the college professors LIED to discipline a TA simply because she didn't further the ideology. She presented in a fair/balanced way. Both sides represented.

And she caught he-- for it. Was called Transphobic. Alt right. Because she presented the info without telling the students WHAT TO THINK.

(BTW the categorizations of Jordan Peterson are incorrect. That professor who says them is an idiot, and is the same one lying directly to Lindsey about students filing the complaints.)
Yeah... I understand what you are saying.

I've been called a waste of human life here lol because I don't believe transgender people should be allowed to openly serve in the military. This is one of the biggest "wtf" moment for me, believe me. I have also been called a FAKE military supporter.

In my opinion, Transgender politics seem to pop up around every nook and cranny of the internet for whatever peculiar reason. I wonder Why is this issue blown way out of proportion and played up to be more dire than it truly is? In my opinion, it doesn't really help these people who just want to be viewed as another human being. To me, equality is just that, equality. One rule for all, or no rules at all. That is real equality for me.

I understand what you are saying.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:21 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:
Yeah... I understand what you are saying.

I've been called a waste of human life here lol because I don't believe transgender people should be allowed to openly serve in the military. This is one of the biggest "wtf" moment for me, believe me. I have also been called a FAKE military supporter.

In my opinion, Transgender politics seem to pop up around every nook and cranny of the internet for whatever peculiar reason. I wonder Why is this issue blown way out of proportion and played up to be more dire than it truly is? In my opinion, it doesn't really help these people who just want to be viewed as another human being. To me, equality is just that, equality. One rule for all, or no rules at all. That is real equality for me.

I understand what you are saying.
Because the laws are coming and we are being conditioned to accept it. That is really what is going on, and people are not understanding it.

We are in the process of losing our free speech and people are 100% behind it because they think they are *helping* a certain segment of the population.

Seriously, look into the Lindsey Shepherd incident. Listen to how the professors are talking to her and what they are saying, it's horrific as far as education and indoctrination. They try so hard to get her to agree with them. It is very clear what their position is. And she says she agrees with them, but teaching is the presentation of ALL SIDES of information so students can be challenged. They DISAGREE.

They tell her is guilty of sexual assault because she discussed pronouns. I am not kidding. Listen to the recording of the meeting. It's disturbing.

PS. I agree with you about the military. Because I think it would be a horrific place for a transgender person to be and I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. I kinda see that as a meh law, in that I doubt there will be many TG takers on it.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:36 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,867,481 times
Quote:

It was someone who wanted to dehumanize genderfluid people who started this thread a threw out red meat to draw in people to bully and hate on them. THAT is why this issue came up here.

People can not be crazy about other kinds of people and still learn some self restraint and not to marginalize them. We all do that with other people already so why not try that with everyone?

We all have a chance every day to make the world a little better for someone else, simply by not being an as%*ole.

Again, the transgender community just wants to be able to live as equals while some others demand the freedom to hate and marginalize them. BIG difference between these two groups.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She is more rational than about 90% of the people who post on CD.
Thank you, Pedro. <3

Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
It was someone who wanted to dehumanize genderfluid people who started this thread a threw out red meat to draw in people to bully and hate on them. THAT is why this issue came up here.

People can not be crazy about other kinds of people and still learn some self restraint and not to marginalize them. We all do that with other people already so why not try that with everyone?

We all have a chance every day to make the world a little better for someone else, simply by not being an as%*ole.

Again, the transgender community just wants to be able to live as equals while some others demand the freedom to hate and marginalize them. BIG difference between these two groups.
Yes. I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies