Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:47 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As I've said, most Trump supporters will detest these ideas, but a majority of Americans support them.
Prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
I think Trump is going to have a hard time retaining these voters, at least in large enough numbers to get re-elected. A lot of them are disappointed that Trump has pandered so hard to the religious right.
Um, what?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:51 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So in other words the Democrats are still going to run on identity politics which is their problem to begin with by forcing employment out with their global warming EPA taxation for offshore production and by raising overhead with taxes to be Robin Hood economists to steal from the rich to give crumbs to the poor while claiming to be champions for this base of people who have NO economic opportunity or very little...
So what you and others are saying is
Anybody who still opposes gay marriage probably isn't going to consider voting Democrat unless they are non-white. Anybody who still believes climate change is a hoax is also not somebody who would consider voting Democrat. Anybody who supports trickle-down economics and believes that it works will support the GOP. Those are not people/positions that Democrats need to worry about pandering to because they aren't going to get that vote anyways.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Completely agree. Republicans made being against gay marriage a part of their platform! How is that not identity politics? They literally identified a group to specifically oppose. It doesn't get more identity than that. Trump said after a debate, in reference to Hillary's backside, "I wasn't impressed". It's unbelievable that Trump supporters are fine with that but they are.
You have the wrong outlook.

Some of us truly do not care about feelings and social issues what soever. Nobody is more special or important than the next. We are all Americans right? We all bleed red right?

What you need to figure out when it comes to LGBT.

Most of us do not care what you do and who you do it with behind closed doors.
Go do your thing. We don't care. Do we need to be endorsing of what you do? No.

As a human being you have a right to life just like everyone else does. You however are not special nor more important than the next.

If you think we are going to be thrilled with certain aspects of it, you're wrong. You can be gay and smooch on dudes all you want. I do not care. If that's what makes you happy have at it. To expect me to approve of you smooching a dude in front of me? Nah. Save that behind closed doors.
Want to marry a dude? Go for it. Be miserable like the rest of us

As long as you are working and productive and happy I don't care. But if you think I am going to stand up for you and cheer you on smooching cross dressing etc nah.

We can agree to disagree on the subject of LGBT. But I am in no way shape or form going to preach or embrace that lifestyle. I do not have a say in what you do in the privacy of your home or on your property out of view.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Completely agree. Republicans made being against gay marriage a part of their platform! How is that not identity politics? They literally identified a group to specifically oppose. It doesn't get more identity than that. Trump said after a debate, in reference to Hillary's backside, "I wasn't impressed". It's unbelievable that Trump supporters are fine with that but they are.
I completely agree and despite the fact that most Americans have accepted and moved on from gay rights, the GOP is still beating that dead horse because their base is still concerned with it.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
You have the wrong outlook.

Some of us truly do not care about feelings and social issues what soever. Nobody is more special or important than the next. We are all Americans right? We all bleed red right?

What you need to figure out when it comes to LGBT.

Most of us do not care what you do and who you do it with behind closed doors.
Go do your thing. We don't care. Do we need to be endorsing of what you do? No.

As a human being you have a right to life just like everyone else does. You however are not special nor more important than the next.

If you think we are going to be thrilled with certain aspects of it, you're wrong. You can be gay and smooch on dudes all you want. I do not care. If that's what makes you happy have at it. To expect me to approve of you smooching a dude in front of me? Nah. Save that behind closed doors.
Want to marry a dude? Go for it. Be miserable like the rest of us

As long as you are working and productive and happy I don't care. But if you think I am going to stand up for you and cheer you on smooching cross dressing etc nah.

We can agree to disagree on the subject of LGBT. But I am in no way shape or form going to preach or embrace that lifestyle. I do not have a say in what you do in the privacy of your home or on your property out of view.
Republicans made a point of opposing gay marriage in their party platform. Not ten years ago. In the 2016 elections, after gay marriage was legal, they made a point of opposing gay marriage in the Republican platform. Republicans are just as much about identify politics, they just choose to support different identities such as evangelicals, who then ignore all of Trump's behavior.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:56 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Anybody who still opposes gay marriage probably isn't going to consider voting Democrat unless they are non-white. Anybody who still believes climate change is a hoax is also not somebody who would consider voting Democrat. Anybody who supports trickle-down economics and believes that it works will support the GOP. Those are not people/positions that Democrats need to worry about pandering to because they aren't going to get that vote anyways.
Really because Hillary won in NY with her sanctity of marriage is between a man and a woman speech...

Trickle down works. Tell the 19 year old I have dispatched on a job right now making 18 per hour that trickle down doesn't work he will laugh in your face.

I told you before. If you want to stand behind your theory of global warming then prove it until then it's hearsay myth that hasn't been tested. That isn't how science works. Science works by putting theories to test. Not grand standing and stomping feet demanding more money and harsher regulations. Seriously. Prove it or test your theory. One way or the other. And if it's proven do as I said.

It's 2018. You must think I am a simpleton to believe technology does not exist to counter "man made" global warming. Then the EPA would be justified in funding to develop operate maintain implements to make a change in the climate concerns of "green house gas" and "carbon foot print"

Old 01-08-2018, 01:00 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Completely agree. Republicans made being against gay marriage a part of their platform! How is that not identity politics?
How is it not? How is it? People defending a cornerstone of our common culture is as far from identity politics as anything could possibly get.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:05 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Republicans made a point of opposing gay marriage in their party platform. Not ten years ago. In the 2016 elections, after gay marriage was legal, they made a point of opposing gay marriage in the Republican platform. Republicans are just as much about identify politics, they just choose to support different identities such as evangelicals, who then ignore all of Trump's behavior.
I don't remember Trump saying he was against same-sex marriage. In a televised setting, he said it was a settled issue.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Really because Hillary won in NY with her sanctity of marriage is between a man and a woman speech...
So did Obama in 2008. Last decade was eons ago when it comes to public opinion on same-sex marriage. You can't compare what politicians said about it back then with what they are currently saying. The American public has moved on. Most people accept gay marriage now. Republicans on the other hand have not and are still angry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies