Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 PM

13,008 posts, read 18,952,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump claims he is smart.

According to an IQ test by an anonymous university, Trump has the highest IQ of any US President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,675,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, we'll take it as a given, Trump supporters, that you loathe Maddow and will insult her any way you can - which is tough, because she's pretty good at what she does, especially the way she cites sources to back up her statements. You needn't bother taking up space with the obvious attacks.

But Maddow fans will like this. I knew she was smart, but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.

Trump's TV Nemesis
How Rachel Maddow constructs a narrative
By Janet Malcolm

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-tv-nemesis
There are lots of brain washed educated idiots out there but I don't listen to them either. The brain is a terrible thing to waste.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,810,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Unabomber was "smart."
You beat me to it!

Founders of Google, Facebook, MS were all college dropouts.

Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and became a President and intern rapist.

Maddow may be smart, but that's not a measure of her worth as a human being. I've seen some of her antics and constant repetitive BS and that never made me think to myself "WOW! She is brilliant!"

Besides, some of the smartest people I've ever met also had the common sense of a brick. VERY smart people are also likely to be introverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There are lots of brain washed educated idiots out there but I don't listen to them either. The brain is a terrible thing to waste.
THAT^^^^

Old 01-10-2018, 07:14 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,363,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

Yes education and intelligence are overrated, best to listen to some anonymous blogger that tells you exactly what you wanted to hear. I have asked this question many times, who do you go to for information.

But since you bring up education Sean Hannity has the highest ratings of any show, I'm sure he has big following of Mensa's

Old 01-10-2018, 07:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,395,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You beat me to it!

Founders of Google, Facebook, MS were all college dropouts.

Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and became a President and intern rapist.

Maddow may be smart, but that's not a measure of her worth as a human being. I've seen some of her antics and constant repetitive BS and that never made me think to myself "WOW! She is brilliant!"

Besides, some of the smartest people I've ever met also had the common sense of a brick. VERY smart people are also likely to be introverted.

THAT^^^^
Clinton was NOT a rapist. The sex with Monica Lewinsky was consensual. By adding that lie, you diminish the validity of your argument.

Rachel Maddow has a group of very good researchers who produce the info for her show. She does not personally write the show.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:13 PM

19,883 posts, read 22,793,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Hannity is light years better than Maddow could ever hope to be!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#6bb1249212ab

Quote:
In 2012, a Fairleigh Dickinson University survey reported that Fox News viewers were less informed about current events than people who didn't follow the news at all. The survey had asked current events questions like "Which party has the most seats in the House of Representatives?" and also asked what source of news people followed. The Fox viewers' current events scores were in the basement. This finding was immediately trumpeted by the liberal media—by Fox, not so much—and has since become known as the Fox News effect. It conjures the image of Fox News as a black hole that sucks facts out of viewers' heads.
All one needs to know about Hannity and the Fox effect.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM

25,872 posts, read 16,585,260 times
I respect Rachal Maddow more than Anderson Cooper or Shep Smith.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:37 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,648,329 times
Hannity is now a friend of Trump. A typical boot licker. He kisses up to all these right wing politicians. He is a joke.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bottom line is this. How many people actually watch Maddow?
  • USA's population is ~325,000,000
  • ~87,000,000 households & businesses still subscribe to cable TV
Yet What is Rachel Maddow's viewership. via CableAdWeek

• 761,000 on Jan 10, 2018. (25-54 demo)
  • Total viewers <1% of the US Population.
This is minuscule. A big nothing burger.

That isn't even a 1/2 of what INFOwars, or CRTV pulls in.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
She’s REALLY, REALLY smart. Like, frighteningly smart. When she first came on the radio scene BEFORE she was ever on TV, I knew that she was preternaturally gifted and was gonna go a long way in political punditry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies