Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:27 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
THANK YOU!

I have noticed that too! I can't stand her smug, arrogant tone. She delivers supposedly serious stories like she is telling us a funny joke. Her irritating inflections, ups and downs of words, and her generally elitist tone shows that she is not talking to her audience, but rather talking at them, like she is lecturing them because her audience is too stupid to understand unless she "Explains it" to them.

Hannity is the complete opposite. He tends to speak plainly, and comes across as sharing the adventure with the viewer rather than being a know it all. I personally find him very boring and dont watch him, or any news pundit on any side.

If you want to get a really good, unvarnished, discussion of current events, I would highly recommend turning to alt-media. My favorite as you may know is STYXHEXENHAMMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1_vQXVzIY

He is a libertarian, and a very brilliant young man. If you have not seen him, i urge you to at least watch 1 of his videos.
What's up with the leather jacket on bare azz look? Sorry, I'll watch more than 3 seconds of his video once he puts on a shirt, or even just a t-shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,193 times
How are you a Maddow fan and didn't know she was a Rhodes Scholar? That's the only argument her supporters use.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
How are you a Maddow fan and didn't know she was a Rhodes Scholar? That's the only argument her supporters use.
Oh, boo, that’s not true.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:56 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
What's up with the leather jacket on bare azz look? Sorry, I'll watch more than 3 seconds of his video once he puts on a shirt, or even just a t-shirt.
It's kind of an in joke among his long time supporters. just listen to what he says without watching--he is really good

Old 01-11-2018, 03:05 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, we'll take it as a given, Trump supporters, that you loathe Maddow and will insult her any way you can - which is tough, because she's pretty good at what she does, especially the way she cites sources to back up her statements. You needn't bother taking up space with the obvious attacks.

But Maddow fans will like this. I knew she was smart, but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.

Trump's TV Nemesis
How Rachel Maddow constructs a narrative
By Janet Malcolm

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...mps-tv-nemesis
Quote:
but I didn't know that she was a Rhodes scholar.
and...so what???
and her 1995 scholarship was to where??? The College of the Blessed Mary and All Saints, Lincoln

did you know that she didnt go to Oxford proper but to one of the 38 oxford colleges, the one she went to was called The College of the Blessed Mary and All Saints, Lincoln

to POINT was she, the only openly gay to get a scholarship, went to one of the most conservative branches of oxford

the point is that so what, she got the Rhodes for 1995.... does that make her a good person...???... does that make her really smart???not really

so she got a doctorate in philosophy...Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons ......

and she was part of the FAILED airamerica liberal talk radio
so from a Rhodes scholar this is what you get as comedy on air America... R Madcow says, "someone assassinate Bush now, please"

btw George Stephanopoulos is also a rhodes scholar
....so is David Vitter the repiblican senator from lousyanna....so was Kris Kristoferson the actor

so was Bill Clinton, he used it to dodge the draft

oh and btw..just because someone is book smart, doent mean they have a lick of common sense

Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, boo, that’s not true.
Yes it is. Whenever someone says anything about her being an idiot it's always, "nuh uh, she is Rhodes Scholar".

Old 01-11-2018, 03:43 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Gee, I wonder why Democrats keep losing.
Like in Virginia and New Jersey? A wave is coming, which is why 31 House Republicans are running for reelection. They see the writing on the wall.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#6bb1249212ab

All one needs to know about Hannity and the Fox effect.
Seems like Fox and Friends forgot to explain FISA to Trump this morning.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yeah, I knew someone would bring that up. It's discussed in the article, if you read it. She wasn't wrong, you know. It just wasn't as sensational as people hoped, but I think it's still the closest look anyone has had at an actual Trump tax return, isn't it?

Actually, that honor goes to whomever prepared his taxes, and the slugs at the IRS.

Which is the way it should be.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:52 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
As they used to say close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Over-hyped stories do not count.

You give her a pass because you are a fan. She got a pass from being fired for it because she makes MSNBC money. If she was as smart as you believe she is she should have known better.
Surely you're not so insanely biased as to imagine that her over-selling is in any way comparable to the outright lies of the right-wing media? I give her a "pass" because it's inconsequential. And I'm a fan because she's so intelligent and articulate.

If people were fired for over-selling, Trump would have been out of a job immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies