Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 11:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
The problem with the overly sensitive nature of those on the left is they focus more on personality, style,then getting the job done. Which is why the left liked the metro-sexualness, coolness of President Obama.

Will these talks go very far? Probably not, but that they happened is bit of a surprise.

Teddy Roosevelt too was reviled in his time, for being too aggressive, bombastic, blunt and bluff. Yet, he accomplished much.

The left needs a serious dose of maturity, de-sensitizing and living in the real world, in order to have a clearer vision.
We need to a cost analysis and see if putting a Plexiglas window in their stomachs is cheaper.

Lets be physical conservatives on the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:42 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I don't see it like that at all. I think NK is opening up a bit towards SK based on their new strengthened position now that they have achieved their goal of having nukes and intercontinental missiles, thanks also to the help of unemployed engineers from the former Soviet Union.

The NK participation in the games in SK has probably been planned for quite a while, else they would only embarrass themselves if they send athletes that are not prepared.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't see it like that at all. I think NK is opening up a bit towards SK based on their new strengthened position now that they have achieved their goal of having nukes and intercontinental missiles, thanks also to the help of unemployed engineers from the former Soviet Union.

The NK participation in the games in SK has probably been planned for quite a while, else they would only embarrass themselves if they send athletes that are not prepared.
of course you do! I mean you know way better than the PRESIDENT OF SOUTH KOREA simply by virtue of your left of center world view.

lol.. nothing but respect Neuling but I couldn't resist.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
North Korea is so playing games iwth the USA - it is hilarious.

Trump is handling it as expected....

Old 01-10-2018, 12:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
No, I think the SK president said it as a kind of gesture in exchange for asking the US to stop their military exercises, which was polite for: go into your corner and stop provoking.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Lesson 1008 from conservatives.

Denounce any world leader that disagrees with the President with the 'Who cares what they think?"

Give praise and imply the importance of having a World Leader approve of President when the World Leader supports Trump.

Got it.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
If they are talking, they are not shooting at each other. This is a good thing.

If they think Trump caused it, then this speaks for itself.

No doubt it will cause the Trump hater's heads to explode again, but that's pretty much all they have left now.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:51 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
I think our only real hope with this problem is that some people in the Nork leadership ring come to their senses and assassinate Rocket Man and his most loyal cadre. Maybe then someone more reasonable will sit at the table with South Korea and real progress can be made.

Short of that it's hard to see how Kim Jung Un can be brought to his senses.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:51 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
While I applaud the talks, and hope it leads, in the long run, to a unified Korea, I'm not sure how that would happen.

I seriously doubt the elite in North Korea will willingly give up their positions and lavish (by their standards) lifestyles to become a nothing in a united Korea. They have no skills, clout, connections or businesses that would allow them to live a good lifestyle.

I seriously doubt Kim will willingly allow his position to be undermined, and risk the outcome of a unified Korea. The fact is that he has murdered many people, and will have to answer for that.

I hope the talks lead to something positive, and isn't just North Korea "playing" the West in an attempt to get in the spotlight during the Olympics, and be able to tell their people that they played a part.
You aren't supposed to know, you aren't Trump.
Trump knows, and that's all that matters.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:59 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lesson 1008 from conservatives.

Denounce any world leader that disagrees with the President with the 'Who cares what they think?"

Give praise and imply the importance of having a World Leader approve of President when the World Leader supports Trump.

Got it.
And what would you do if a world leader disagreed with you?
Would you kiss their feet and apologize for having a different view?
Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies