Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
You mean a column writer did an article. Whoopty doo.

There is no proof these cities existed at all. Given all of the ancient ruins we have found, these cities were myths, made up and passed down from one generation to the next. You know, kind of like the myth of a god-son being born of a virgin, dying and being reincarnated 3 days later? Not exactly original to Christianity.
You're in pitiful shape.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Lol..this is low hanging fruit. I’m not even gonna give the OP the satisfaction.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:08 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You're in pitiful shape.
Actually, I'm in excellent shape. I run an hour every day, swim twice a week, own a house, have a stable job, and have plenty of savings where money will never be a stress.

How about you?

Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
I have heard that prayers to Satan work even better at reversing homosexual feelings. And faster results, too, since he isn't so backlogged, like Jesus, with people praying for money or to destroy their enemies, and win football games.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Tell me, how your God can really condemn two adults from loving one another? Aren't there better things for an omniscient benevolent deity to worry about than two people cultivating love and happiness among each other?

I am a Quaker Christian, and your interpretation of the character of God is absolutely foreign to me.
Deceive yourself all you want, but there's no God but the One of the Bible. What's more, you present a false love as the God of the Bible is love and He rejects your two-adult love theory.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
scgraham is a typical Christian. He/she posts vile hate towards anyone who is different.
Actually, God calls homosexuality vile, not those who serve Him whole-hearty. You people have been so perverted nowadays that you don't know right from wrong. Here's what Jesus said:

Matthew 19
[3] The Pharisees also came unto him [Jesus], tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
[4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
[5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
[6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:16 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Deceive yourself all you want, but there's no God but the One of the Bible. What's more, you present a false love as the God of the Bible is love and He rejects your two-adult love theory.
Everyone has an opinion, and even among the faithful of all religions there is a lot of disagreement on the interpretation of scriptures. No one has a clue who actually wrote anything in the Christian Bible, or ever will. It has been copied and translated and retranslated and the retranslations retranslated so many times by so many people with their own agendas that it is impossible to believe it is any more than allegory.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
The bible describes it as a spirit of confusion . Also if one entertains the idea that they are attracted to the same sex they are what they believe. Fact is our belief system is many times is wrong. No big deal when someone thinks they are what they believe. Fact is they get the attraction mixed up with admiration , then turns physical which is what causes the confusion.

Fact is they are carried away just as drugs get one hooked. They can break the bond . We have names for all kinds of people and what their actions are. Transgender, bi sexual.. sex is like a drug. One must keep their mind from entertaining lust . One can overcome anything with the help of God.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:19 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,618 times
Quote:
What's actually pretty funny is we have two Christians arguing over what their own damn book says about their god.

What's even funnier is that scgraham somehow believes they are an expert on what their God thinks and feels and claims they are right and the other Christian is wrong.

And this is when I get my popcorn....

Old 01-17-2018, 01:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Tell me, how your God can really condemn two adults from loving one another? Aren't there better things for an omniscient benevolent deity to worry about than two people cultivating love and happiness among each other?

I am a Quaker Christian, and your interpretation of the character of God is absolutely foreign to me.
A man can love a man but when it crosses into a sexual relationship it is unnatural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies