Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Homosexuality was one of many sins that Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of. When sin had reached its climax, God destroyed those cities. God is long-suffering, but His mercy eventually comes to an end for the unrepentant; so don't be deceived by His forbearance, as it's only borrowed time.
I have read the complete Bible and much of what the Christian religion teaches, is not In there.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
In your opinion, based on your novel. Of course, there is no proof those cities ever even existed.
The liberal Huffington Post believes that those cities existed because they felt compelled to write a piece on Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:55 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have read the complete Bible and much of what the Christian religion teaches, is not In there.
You're lying.

Romans 1
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times
Quote:
The liberal Huffington Post believes that those cities existed because they felt compelled to write a piece on Sodom and Gomorrah.
You mean a column writer did an article. Whoopty doo.

There is no proof these cities existed at all. Given all of the ancient ruins we have found, these cities were myths, made up and passed down from one generation to the next. You know, kind of like the myth of a god-son being born of a virgin, dying and being reincarnated 3 days later? Not exactly original to Christianity.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:03 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,154 times
There is nothing wrong about this woman deciding to do what she felt was the right thing for her life. I think it's a very powerful and positive message that she found God's message in her life.

It's really not anyone else's business if she is happy and doing what she felt was best for her.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:05 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She turned her life around, asked God for help and is now happily married to a man.

Unfortunately she received death threats and the people who helped her did as well.

You cannot have a miracle unless you humble yourself and ask for one.

Vile Death Threats Received After Woman’s Powerful Testimony on Overcoming Same-Sex Attraction Goes Viral – Faithwire
Maybe it was a phase of youth? When I was in HS and college I knew 3 young women who did the whole aggressive, super-obnoxious, foul mouthed, stereotypical bulldyke thing for years. Now @ ages 35-40..... all are married to men and have kids of their own.... and they look like feminine women. I would've never guessed.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You're lying.

Romans 1
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:23 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
You're lying.

Romans 1
Tell me, how your God can really condemn two adults from loving one another? Aren't there better things for an omniscient benevolent deity to worry about than two people cultivating love and happiness among each other?

I am a Quaker Christian, and your interpretation of the character of God is absolutely foreign to me.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:31 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Tell me, how your God can really condemn two adults from loving one another? Aren't there better things for an omniscient benevolent deity to worry about than two people cultivating love and happiness among each other?

I am a Quaker Christian, and your interpretation of the character of God is absolutely foreign to me.
^^^this. My mother hates that I no longer go to church. I can't wrap my head around a religion that condemns someone for being gay.

Last edited by veuvegirl; 01-17-2018 at 11:56 AM..

Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 AM

scgraham is a typical Christian. He/she posts vile hate towards anyone who is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies