Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:06 AM

24,567 posts, read 17,315,057 times

Advertisements

I think it is very telling that the Dems are Ok with shutting down the Gov. refusing to help the Reps get to the 60 votes they need while they put illegal aliens before our military that will not get paid until this mess is sorted..

It is also very telling considering that both the Reps and the Dems put a special concession in this standoff that THEY WILL continue to be paid.

Trump is so right when he called DC a swamp and the creatures can't stand it because they know he is right and they have been trying to kill the messenger since he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 09:08 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,684,636 times
I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I don't agree with shutdowns at all. But apparently, the way we are governing these days leaves whatever party feeling like it's the only leverage they have.

The immigration issue is very nuanced and my views on it are evolving; however, in the case of DACA, I feel that it has become a humanitarian issue. I don't agree with how they got here, how long it's been allowed to continue, and so on. But I think it is cruel and inhumane to ship people back to a country they've never known and expect them to survive. They didn't ask to be brought here, and yes, their parents did this to them, but it does pull at my humanity heartstrings to think that in a blink of any eye they can be taken from the only home they've known, be transported to wherever, and dropped at the door. I strongly feel it is inhumane.

The Democrats may feel that their constituency feels the same way. I don't know. Don't know what the numbers are. I guess we'll find out over the next few months if it was the right or wrong thing to do.

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That is because you don’t know how the government works.

Does the GOP control 60 seats in the senate? Do you even understand why I just asked that question?

The answer to both would be ‘no’.
Again, I am blown away that the party in control of both Houses and Executive office would shut down payment for our military!

34,300 posts, read 15,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am blown away that a party who has control of both houses and presidency, will close down the government. That would be a first in history!
Its no surprise that liberals have no understanding of the word control. Using it as they chose to define it.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its no surprise that liberals have no understanding of the word control. Using it as they chose to define it.
Republicans have the majority and control. Time for them to take the responsibility that goes with it.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 AM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,390 times
Quote:
Again, I am blown away that the party in control of both Houses and Executive office would shut down payment for our military!
Stop lying. The Republicans need 60 votes in the Senate.

15,154 posts, read 11,645,816 times
Quote:
I am blown away that a party who has control of both houses and presidency, will close down the government. That would be a first in history!
Perhaps if the lousy democrat party had zero seats, perhaps we could actually get things done. Lets start a new rule--as long as a majority of republicans vote yes then its a done deal..sound ok?

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times
Quote:
Like I just stated, you don’t know how the government works.

Here is some educational reading for you:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-...in-the-senate/

Old 01-20-2018, 09:12 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,002,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What about those born citizens here through no fault of their own ? What reward do they get ?

Surely there must be something in it for them.
There was something but it was all sucked dry by illegals ...

Old 01-20-2018, 09:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
I know I am beating a dead horse and logic and truth tends to fall on deaf ears on here. But Trump DID say that he would sign ANY THING they brought him. So why the blame the left when Trump lied about it?

Why can't you all just admit your president lied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies