Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 06:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I’m in for $1,000.00

We can stop giving 50 billion in welfare to criminals too!
Just the hospitals in Harris County alone spend nearly a billion a year treating illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 06:33 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
People go over the existing wall now, they use ladders.

Immigrants use clever methods to get across U.S.-Mexico border | Miami Herald

And for the claim that pulling stuff over using a rope is too hard, someone used a ramp to drive a jeep suv up the wall in Yuma in 2012.
Jeep gets stuck trying to drive over U.S.-Mexico border fence - CNN
If they could get a Jeep up 15 feet of wall a person can haul up a back pack no problem.

Then there are the tunnels that have been used for as long as there has been wall.

The so-called walls in place on much of our border now are mostly fencing they aren't the same types of walls that would be built on our border today. They are the double layered ones and they have been very effective where erected. Guess I'll have to post the links proving it once again. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? You guys act like if we can't prevent 100% of illegals from entering with a wall then it's useless even though it would prevent most of them from entering. What bizarre thinking.

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928

Old 01-20-2018, 07:04 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
obama gave a trillion to his buddies and nobody said anything, the wall is pocket change

Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Lot of media is becoming a pay wall.

Might as well pay for a wall that saves us money in the end.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It turns out the big factor was that POTUS wants 20 Billion to pay for his worthless wall. So much for all those chants and all the other nonsense.

This came from Mulvane when he was sent out to respond to Schumer.

The POTUS to afraid to come out and speak for himself.
I know you don't want the wall built and would do anything including posting misleading BS... it ain't working... Mexico is paying for the wall period... whether through trade deals that saves 20 billion or tariffs, or border fees, money gram fees, etc... they are paying period...

Old 01-20-2018, 07:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The so-called walls in place on much of our border now are mostly fencing they aren't the same types of walls that would be built on our border today. They are the double layered ones and they have been very effective where erected. Guess I'll have to post the links proving it once again. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? You guys act like if we can't prevent 100% of illegals from entering with a wall then it's useless even though it would prevent most of them from entering. What bizarre thinking.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928
I didn't see any double wall proto types in Trumps wall yard.

And when AZ put up walls, TX border crossings increased. Put up a wall, people will go around if over is too hard.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
I'm cool with it. Get it built. We'll save the cost in welfare and other benefits for illegals and their anchor babies in no-time.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:41 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It turns out the big factor was that POTUS wants 20 Billion to pay for his worthless wall. So much for all those chants and all the other nonsense.

This came from Mulvane when he was sent out to respond to Schumer.

The POTUS to afraid to come out and speak for himself.
You might be a nut, but I don't give a rats hind end who pays for it as long as it gets built.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Need I remind those who want the wall built that trump had illegal aliens hired to work an event at Mar-logo.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:48 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I didn't see any double wall proto types in Trumps wall yard.

And when AZ put up walls, TX border crossings increased. Put up a wall, people will go around if over is too hard.

That's the point, build the wall where they are mostly likely to cross no matter where that is. Then they'll be forced to try and enter via much more difficult and dangerous areas that have natural barriers to deter them. The Border Patrol can then focus more of their efforts there.

Some people of course will managed to breach a wall but as I said before just because it isn't 100% effective but would still deter many or most of them we shouldn't build it? You make no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies