Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:14 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I know you don't want the wall built and would do anything including posting misleading BS... it ain't working... Mexico is paying for the wall period... whether through trade deals that saves 20 billion or tariffs, or border fees, money gram fees, etc... they are paying period...
it not thatthey dont want the wall built, its they dont want anything that wasnt they idea, if trump comes up with it, flat no.

it has nothing to do with people or government, its all power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 08:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It turns out the big factor was that POTUS wants 20 Billion to pay for his worthless wall. So much for all those chants and all the other nonsense.

This came from Mulvane when he was sent out to respond to Schumer.

The POTUS to afraid to come out and speak for himself.
Pay for the wall/border security or pay for the illegals both in tax $$$$$ and damage to the country. I wonder which one is more preferable? Secondly, how much are people's lives worth like the ones who've been murdered by multiple time deportees? Take that recent ass-hat illegal who killed two deputies and stated in court "I'm glad I killed them, I wish I'd killed more of them". What are their lives worth?
EVerify with stiff penalties for violating it, LOCK DOWN THE BORDER, wall,sensors,drones,border patrol, military if needed...

Old 01-21-2018, 08:39 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then make a go fund me account cause I'm not paying. Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Anyone who believed him has no sense. So now he wants us to pay to appease his base. This is nothing but a waste of money. Trump has lowered taxes so where is the money supposed to come from. Our infrastructure should be a priority. And with all the disasters our country has had recently, we need to pay for that.
"Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall." Import duties and surcharges on remittances to Mexico would pay for the wall.

Trump also has the power to issue travel alerts. No rational U.S. tour/hotel operator would then operate a tour there with potential U.S. liability for guests.

Mexico is better off figuring out how to control their side of the border even if they don't "pay" for the wall.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
"Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall." Import duties and surcharges on remittances to Mexico would pay for the wall.

Trump also has the power to issue travel alerts. No rational U.S. tour/hotel operator would then operate a tour there with potential U.S. liability for guests.

Mexico is better off figuring out how to control their side of the border even if they don't "pay" for the wall.
trump's State Dept. has already increased travel alerts for Mexico. Those of us living in MX just laugh and realize it's political propaganda.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why do you feel threatened by border walls?

I'm guessing that you don't lock your doors or windows in your home whenever you go out. After all, if someone really wanted to get into your home they'll find a way.
Threatened? Hardly. I simply feel that there are better uses for the money and less expensive means to deter illegal immigration like going after employers of illegals.

And half the time I don't lock my door. I also don't spend millions to put a lock on my door when there is a window that anyone can go through if they really wanted in.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What Trump wants and what he’s going to get are two different things...
Much like his campaign song says "you can't always get what you want"

Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What "facts"? That sometimes people manage to get past a wall? You would rather have no border wall and keep the flood of illegals coming in? Perhaps you need to move to a border town and see what life is like for the residents there.
I have already addressed my feeling of what should be done, go read the threads about Trumps folly.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:52 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
We already pay for the consequences of a porous border. Building a 'wall' will be much cheaper than what we already pay. So no matter the cost, and trump always delivers under budget, we will be saving money.

Instant gratification democrats in a dither because within one year a wall is not built and mexico didn't pay for it. Trump has 3 years remaining to get the wall built and have mexico pay for it..

Democrats are the little kids in the back seat asking if we are there yet and throwing a tantrum when told, no we are not there yet,

That 2,500 dollars Obama saved you buring a hole in your pocket?
Still wonder when all that promised hope and change is going to arrive?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

A reduction in flow is a win. And the wall would do that. Not nearly as many illegals would tunnel.

The success of Israel's wall is a large piece of evidence that refutes all of the "vain" rationalizing against the future wall. But its also not really rationalizing, is it? That would assume legitimate logic and common sense. Its more akin to self interested political agitation.
Israels wall is a total of 404 miles long, not 2000+ miles long. Only 10 miles of that is a wall the rest is fence. The cost is $2.1 billion for mostly fencing of only 404 miles and that doesn't include maintenance, or manning the fence line.
Background & Overview of Israel's Security Fence

Then there is the issue of the Rio Grande which farmers, ranchers, and entire towns depend on for water. We can not build in the river, we can no build on the banks of the river, so we will be cutting off access to the river to people who need it.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Bang! he's dead...........
How many guards and how close together will the guard stations be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies