Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 11:25 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,097,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

There's just one problem with your attempt to dismiss this.

Johnson still maintains that there is an informant who said there was FBI meetings occurring off-site.
Fair enough. I am really looking forward to hearing from the informant, though.

Not attempting to dismiss anything, btw. Just posting updates (regardless of who they help or hurt politically) as they come in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,578 posts, read 14,482,051 times
Quote:
Wrong, Johnson says ....
we'll see what johnson has to say in the coming days to clarify his stance.

12,391 posts, read 7,113,360 times
Johnson says there is an informant, and the text was thought to be possible confirmation of what the informant was saying.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:26 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Yesterday he said based on a text messages between two FBI agents that the FBI had a "secret society" and was holding secret meetings to overthrow trump.

Today, he says, well, maybe that text was just a joke.

What an IDIOT!! I know House GOP members do this sort of crap all the time. But I expect MORE from US Senators, even GOP

Why?

Old 01-25-2018, 11:28 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,107 times
That look did not just start, John Kerry did it to him/made him look like an idiot at a hearing

Old 01-25-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he made a plea deal so there had to be at least one.
Yes, that is the correct way to analyze this, there is evidence to conforms that.

The media pushed the idea that Flynn was going to face multiple charges, to then push the idea that Flynn flipped.

Could Flynn have been charged for multiple crimes, and flipped, its possible, but there is no evidence of either.

Look for actual evidence, not media hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we'll see what johnson has to say in the coming days to clarify his stance.
Yes, maybe his stance will change, but it's not relevant, the whole secret society thing was overblown by the media anyway.

This is a common tactic, take one small irrelevant thing, show some error in it, and then use it to attempt to dismiss the verified, and relevant information in the overall issue.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,915,842 times
Quote:
Johnson says there is an informant, and the text was thought to be possible confirmation of what the informant was saying.
He was lying about the informant....all he knew was the texts. If he STILL wanted to go with his original story, why would he say today that it was likely a JOKE?????

Old 01-25-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He was lying about the informant....all he knew was the texts. If he STILL wanted to go with his original story, why would he say today that it was likely a JOKE?????
Please provide a source that proves there is no informant?

Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why?
I worked with people on the Hill in the course of my career in DC-Metro. House Reps are a dime a dozen...2 year terms, VERY few gain any gravitas.

Senators....a whole different breed (or was back in the 1980s-early 2000s). The ones I met and talked to one-on-one over issues related to my job in their offices were keenly knowledgeable and serious men (so happened all the ones I worked with were men).

I am an avowed liberal Dem, but I worked with Sen. John Warner over a number of issues and held him in the highest esteem to this day. I voted for him, too....because he kept Oliver North OUT of the Senate.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Please provide a source that proves there is no informant?
After you provide proof that there is an informant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies