Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Here is my compromise to the open border advocates.

I will agree to completely open borders, if all the entire welfare state public assistance of any kind is stopped completely and never to return.... and full repeal of the 16th Amendment.

Is it a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 10:01 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Thats what the Left is gravitating towards. First it was DACA, then Sanctuary cities, next it will be Citizenship for all people who are here illegally, which essentially makes the country no longer a country.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Dems are in the middle of a tantrum, and diapers are exploding. They can't respond right now.

Wait until after the noon vote, and diaper change, then try to negotiate with them.

Offer a warm bottle or binkie to get their attention and get them in the mood to listen.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:03 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Nobody wants open borders and I have never heard anybody say that with the exception of right wingers accusing the left of wanting it.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Nobody wants open borders and I have never heard anybody say that with the exception of right wingers accusing the left of wanting it.
Yup..and there you have. Just like the NRA who sell the idea that the Left is out to take-away their guns--the Far Right sells the idea that the Left wish completely open borders..usually with the added obligatory comment about the Dems wanting more Brown voters.

Stoooopid.

These red herrings that are strewn about have little or nothing to do with what people are really fighting about.

I would deport every illegal alien in this country tomorrow, if I could. Then I'd gin up a robust guest worker program--and let half right back in.

I want controlled borders--not closed ones.

I also want for us to stop waging our cultural battles at the ballot box--and exercise some real compromise.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Lies. Hillary Clinton admitted it and was quoted from wikileaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVTMAEsFRA

Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I will agree to completely open borders, if all the entire welfare state public assistance of any kind is stopped completely and never to return.... and full repeal of the 16th Amendment.

Is it a deal?
No.

Abolish the State.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:

Is it a deal?
Tens of millions of Americans would be impacted by this, both democratic and republican voters. Millions of American children would not have food to eat.

Why punish children that have no way of changing their situation nor are responsible for being born to mooching parents?

Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:

Is it a deal?
Who wants completely open borders? I've never seen anyone advocate for that.

I think your misunderstanding some things.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
OP's proposal is actually the hard core libertarian tenet on immigration. One of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, would destroy all of our institutions under the weight of 3rd world immigration with or without welfare. But, the "magic" of the market would make everything work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies