Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:29 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times

Advertisements

any celebrity who sides with the enemy during a war and volunteers to do their propaganda on enemy soil should never be celebrated in public regardless how many times she said she is "sorry".

All she did was embolden the enemy to continue the war and kill more of our troops.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 01-23-2018 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 08:35 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Fonda is a fake and a hyporite if she tries to defend her aiding our sworn enemy during war.
"Our sworn enemy" sounds like a real war. Do you comprehend that congress never declared war?

You didn't understand why Jane came home. Our government was sending young men to die but did not ever declare war. There was no official war. It was the generals' strategy games with a huge body count.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:36 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Exactly.
She made stupid comments...based on some truth, during a time when many americans were protesting. It was a fiery time in our history.

And, she apologized for them. They were dumb comments, made by a young and dumb person, during a dumb period in our history (hippies come to mind). That doesn't define a person.

The irony here, is that folks want to define Jane for comments she made over 40 years ago, but brush away and accept every little bit of garbage that comes out of the mouths of others.

Comments?? She actually went to visit a country we were at war with..........accused American soldiers of lies and atrocities and broadcast over the radio asking American soldiers to surrender to the north.........

Fonda

her actions would be more like John Wayne flying to Berlin in 1943 to visit the gestapo and have a photo shoot next to an "88" used to shoot down B-17's

Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
She need not apologize for south Vietnamese people getting killed. She didn't do it. She wasn't responsible for it.

For the record, I'm not defending her bashing our troops, but, if we sit here, and really be objective, she was used for a different agenda, taken advantage, and that was easy for young/dumb people like her, ESPECIALLY, since some of what she was being brainwashed with is TRUE.

We can spin it all day, but it is factually correct that not only should we not have been there, but we did commit quite a bit of atrocities.

I support my troops, but that doesn't mean that I'll turn a blind's eye to our country's true motives and atrocities committed to carry out those motives.

How old are you? you do know Fonda was 34 years old when she went to Hanoi.........were you that "dumb" at 34?

Old 01-23-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nobody who voted for Commander Bonespurs has the right to call her Hanoi Jane. She wasn't a coward.

coward. No. Traitor.. yes

Old 01-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
"Our sworn enemy" sounds like a real war. Do you comprehend that congress never declared war?

You didn't understand why Jane came home. Our government was sending young men to die but did not ever declare war. There was no official war. It was the generals' strategy games with a huge body count.

I'll be damned. seemed like a war when I was there..............What part of Vietnam were you stationed?

Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

Was the Cold War a fake war because Congress didn't officially declare it? that's an insult to our Military that fought it.

People die in wars, duh!!!,......you are saying that fighting the Nazis anywhere was a noble cause but not communism.

Communism killed over 100 million people and enslaved over 1 billion people and the liberals and the left in our country didn't want to fight it, they took the side of the enemy just like Hanoi Jane.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Comments?? She actually went to visit a country we were at war with..........accused American soldiers of lies and atrocities and broadcast over the radio asking American soldiers to surrender to the north.........

Fonda

her actions would be more like John Wayne flying to Berlin in 1943 to visit the gestapo and have a photo shoot next to an "88" used to shoot down B-17's

agree!!!!! and bashing FDR and the Allied forces on enemy soil and them bashing POWS's when they came back calling them liars.

No celebrity would have a public career if they did that in WW 2 but when Fonda she is celebrated by the left.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I'll be damned. seemed like a war when I was there..............What part of Vietnam were you stationed?

any military force that shoots and bombs our military is a sworn enemy.......over 50,000 U.S. soldiers died and many wounded and this guy questions if they were our sworn enemy because Congress didn't officially declare war?

Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Then you know damned well that the main crux of the protests was that Congress never declared war. Most protesters were protesting that young men were being drafted & sent there to be killed & Congress didn't have the backbone to declare war.

The one time that I heard someone be disrespectful to a vet, I told him off & reminded him that the beef was with Congress. One of my cousins was sent to Nam & after 50 years he got the Congressional Medal of Honor last summer. His parents were upset when he was sent. They didn't like him being sent to an undeclared war. I knew no parents who were happy about it. It was a big topic of conversation with people of all generations. The longer it went on, the more angry the older people got, too.

I'll say what I've said to many vets. I'm sorry that you got sent to the generals' games. I've had men break down & cry & thank me because that's exactly how they felt about it.

Jane should never have gone to Hanoi. She was manipulated by the 2nd husband, who used it for political purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies