Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
there is hypocrisy on every side........Michael Steel is a RINO and ANTI-Trump.

Where is the outrage from Catholics on the Kennedy boys and the women?

Where is the outrage of black Christians on MLK and his prostitutes and orgies?

I don't hear Steele talk about MLK (and he as a cheating Pastor) but he sure has a problem with Trump and White Evangelicals that support him based on allegations.

Hypocrisy on every side.
whataboutism is not a rebuttal it is what people do when they cannot refute something. Your post is whataboutism at its finest...

if you want to discuss your list of grievances you should open your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 05:47 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yep you are right.

we want to instill Christian Talabanary.... Love your neighbor as yourself.

us Christians are wild with our radical people smashing talabanerry
I've had enough of self-professed "Christians" (who are anything but) coming out in every defense of the prosperity gospel in its latest form, railing against any use of government to help the poor, opposing laws that implement good wages and protections of workers, advocating all sorts of violence and brutality towards illegal immigrants to keep them out, etc. Evangelicals are not Christians, wouldn't know Jesus if He slapped them in their faces, and have zero credibility anymore.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's little room for people like Michael Steele in the Republican Party anymore. They've lost high-profile, intelligent people like Joe Scarborough, Mary Matalin, and George Will. The base of the party is now primarily made up of rabble-rousers, know-nothings, Trump sycophants, cranks, crackpots, and head-in-the-sand religious zealots.
I agree. It is becoming painfully obvious the Republican party does not have what it takes to govern, they are completely unable to agree internally nevermind finding consensus with right leaning dems.

Perversely it is the Democrats and OBAMA who are likley to help save the Republican Party . As the Dems start to get republican gerrymandered districts under control again, it will mean Republicans need to run more moderate people or simply lose.... and thus they may find some smarter people again.

as it stands the republican party is a collection of shouty aggressive men who think being louder or uglier equals winning... it is their undoing.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I agree. It is becoming painfully obvious the Republican party does not have what it takes to govern, they are completely unable to agree internally nevermind finding consensus with right leaning dems.

Perversely it is the Democrats and OBAMA who are likley to help save the Republican Party . As the Dems start to get republican gerrymandered districts under control again, it will mean Republicans need to run more moderate people or simply lose.... and thus they may find some smarter people again.

as it stands the republican party is a collection of shouty aggressive men who think being louder or uglier equals winning... it is their undoing.
The (R)'s do not have the Senate, House and White House because of gerrymandering. Until you (and others) are willing to understand and own up to that, things are not going to change. Those like myself are not going to vote for Republicans that call themselves Democrats no matter how bad the Republicans are.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The (R)'s do not have the Senate, House and White House because of gerrymandering. Until you (and others) are willing to understand and own up to that, things are not going to change. Those like myself are not going to vote for Republicans that call themselves Democrats no matter how bad the Republicans are.
not really sure what you are thinking, it seems you don't understand what gerrymander does. apart from securing more seats for the Rs than they should have it also leads to extremism.

and yes Republicans hold MORE seats in the house and more state seats due to gerrymandering. Dems do it too, just not nearly as much.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
not really sure what you are thinking, it seems you don't understand what gerrymander does. apart from securing more seats for the Rs than they should have it also leads to extremism.

and yes Republicans hold MORE seats in the house and more state seats due to gerrymandering. Dems do it too, just not nearly as much.
They may have made small gains but it is NOT why the (D)'s lost the White House, Senate and House.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
While Clinton wasn’t a pillar of morals he never claimed to be either. Sure he lied. Not nearly as much as Trump. Trump has no morals yet the evangelicals couldn’t wait to put him in office even though his lack of morals were on a clip on TV before the election. That didn’t stop these hypocrites from voting for him. Now, the word is he has had an affair with a prostitute while he was married to Melania. No bad comments from the hypocritical evangelicals, Huckabee Sanders will lie her butt off for this loser. These Trumpsters are all mostly losers too.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Everyone you speak of is, well, dead. Long dead, too. I believe the topic herein concerns the living.
Lol, the here and now.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:43 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
I disagree with Michael Steele. I want to hear the evangelicals prattle on about their "family values". I enjoy a good guffaw now and then.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:43 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I care more about draining the corruption out of Washington and getting America back up on its feet than some tawdry gossip. Trump is doing what I sent him there to do. The RINOs lost the party and it was given back to the people by Donald Trump. The uniparty cannot enrich themselves with their schemes, laundering, blackmailing, bribing, etc. Up to 32 resigning, along with 14 Democrats and they can't stand it.
How could he be draining the corruption , when his administration and their dealing been under investigation almost the entire first year. The best people he hired around him told lies to the FBI, and indictments were handed out, and people he hired were either quitting, or being fired almost on a weekly basis at one point. Mueller wants to talk to him and others, and you talking about corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies