Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 10:37 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Many LGBT people want to push their lifestyles onto others. They want to force others to accept them. They don't live and just live. This is the reason we're seeing more people being less comfortable with LGBT people.
So what would it mean with you to accept LGBT people as human beings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're wrong about what the Bible says, and you're about the Westboro people. They're not doing anything because they're Christians; they're a litigation scam, and they're doing stuff to make money. They do something outrageous, provoke a reaction, and then sue on the grounds their civil rights were violated. They pretend to be a church to get tax-exempt status.
Sometimes they literally get ran out of town. Do you know of evidence that they sue those towns after that happens?

As for the word "abomination" if the use of it was wrong, which word should have had the translators for the Bible used, instead?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why not add no religious discrimination against bigamist and pedophiles if we're just going to make up hypotheticals.

It's well established for like 2,000 years that homosexuality violates Christian beliefs.
So does cheating on one's spouse. But make no doubt about it, whatsoever, Christians really do regard homosexuality as a hell of a lot worse sin against God than adultery. Only the cheated upon spouse may disagree. This, even though not committing adultery is one of the Ten Commandments.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
It's quite apparent that you have absolutely no idea about the subject-matter of gender.

Your sex as biologically determined by your sex chromosomes, defines your observed physical sex phenotype (sex organ). Just because you have a male or female sex organ, does NOT mean that your emotional feelings or desires have to coincide or "match" your observed sex organ. In other words, just because you are born with a penis, doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a male or desire to enjoy doing what other males typically do. Just because you're born with a vagina doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a female and have the desire to engage in typical activities that most females enjoy.

Your sex organ does not and cannot dictate either your "feelings" or your sexual orientation. Your brain combined with your physiological chemistry determines both, not your sex organ.

Then there's the topic of the "intersex" people. However, that's quite enough for today already....

You make the classic mistake of assuming because our views differ that I must not understand the topic. I have had many discussions concerning transgenderism over the last few years, and have actually gone to the links others have provided and read them . I may be one of the few in chatroom history that will read info provided in order to understand what the others are saying on any given topic. So try to do better and have a fact based discussion rather than insisting those that don't agree with you don't understand the subject matter. Its a childish and bull manure way of attempting to respond.

One does not have to act like a man just because one has a penis, this is true. But then, that has never been the issue. The issue has been the transgender community insisting that the rest of the world must ignore biological reality and accept the trans as they feel they are, rather than as they actually are. Much of the time this is OK. It is none of my business if my male neighbor feels like a female and wishes to live life as a woman . But when the rights of the trans to act opposite their bio sex conflicts with the rights of others, biological reality should rule. I am not required to accept that a man got pregnant and had a baby, when in fact a woman who thinks she is a man did so. I should not have to share a locker space in which I undress and shower with a woman who thinks she is a man, and certainly the young kids that share the same locker should not. If I desire to hire specifically a woman for a job, I should not have to consider hiring a male who thinks he is a woman.

Biological reality is what it is. Human males don't get pregnant. They provide the fertilizer. Females don't do the impregnating. They furnish the eggs and then carry the embryo. I fully support the rights of the transgendered to live their lives as they wish in whatever way makes them happy, until they start insisting that society ignore reality and treat them, in certain necessary situations like locker rooms, as if they are actually the sex they feel like. At that point, it is time for the 1/2 of 1 % to suck it up, realize they are the ones different from the 99.5% , and act like adults and deal with their condition maturely rather than as spoiled whiny brats.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:16 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You make the classic mistake of assuming because our views differ that I must not understand the topic. I have had many discussions concerning transgenderism over the last few years, and have actually gone to the links others have provided and read them . I may be one of the few in chatroom history that will read info provided in order to understand what the others are saying on any given topic. So try to do better and have a fact based discussion rather than insisting those that don't agree with you don't understand the subject matter. Its a childish and bull manure way of attempting to respond.

One does not have to act like a man just because one has a penis, this is true. But then, that has never been the issue. The issue has been the transgender community insisting that the rest of the world must ignore biological reality and accept the trans as they feel they are, rather than as they actually are. Much of the time this is OK. It is none of my business if my male neighbor feels like a female and wishes to live life as a woman . But when the rights of the trans to act opposite their bio sex conflicts with the rights of others, biological reality should rule. I am not required to accept that a man got pregnant and had a baby, when in fact a woman who thinks she is a man did so. I should not have to share a locker space in which I undress and shower with a woman who thinks she is a man, and certainly the young kids that share the same locker should not. If I desire to hire specifically a woman for a job, I should not have to consider hiring a male who thinks he is a woman.

Biological reality is what it is. Human males don't get pregnant. They provide the fertilizer. Females don't do the impregnating. They furnish the eggs and then carry the embryo. I fully support the rights of the transgendered to live their lives as they wish in whatever way makes them happy, until they start insisting that society ignore reality and treat them, in certain necessary situations like locker rooms, as if they are actually the sex they feel like. At that point, it is time for the 1/2 of 1 % to suck it up, realize they are the ones different from the 99.5% , and act like adults and deal with their condition maturely rather than as spoiled whiny brats.
So exactly how do you advocate for the rights of transgender people?

You say that transgenders should have the right to live their lives as they wish, but then you say that you should have the right NOT to employ them.

How the heck can they live their lives as they wish, if nobody employs them?

If you support the rights of transgenders, then you should be one of the first to hire members of the transgender community.

You say that you understand gender, but practically everything you've stated is evidence to the contrary.
You mentioned accepting "biological reality", as oppoosed to accepting a person the way that they "feel". Well that's the entire point of being transgender, "feeling" as though your core as an individual, is opposite what society typically expects of you, based upon your physical sex. You're stating that your behavior should prove evident or confirm that which exists between one's legs. That is clearly a misunderstanding of the term "transgender".

All transgenders "feel" what they are! Their biological sex seems to contradict their feelings.

Now if you don't want to actually accept the concept of transgenderism, then that's your choice. However, to say that you understand or accept transgenders, or support their right to exist as equal citizens of our society would clearly be disingenuous on your part.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csignorelli View Post
So you're comparing a loving relationship between two consenting adults to some dude who likes to fondle little girls?

Homosexuality is a fact of nature. I guarantee you that it has been around much longer than your religion has.
Yeah. So is pedophilia, incest and insanity a fact of nature. So what?

Old 01-29-2018, 02:56 PM

52 posts, read 40,245 times
Quote:
Yeah. So is pedophilia, incest and insanity a fact of nature. So what?
So that means Christians are wrong, plain and simple. They can thump their Bibles all they want, but homosexuality is not a sin. It is no different than being born left-handed. Therefore, they have no legal basis for discriminating against gay people in a place of business... the exact same way we don't tolerate anti-black discrimination. Leave the crazy fairy tales at home or in church.

Oh, and again... you can't compare a loving relationship between two consenting adults to some perv fondling little girls.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
So that means Christians are wrong, plain and simple. They can thump their Bibles all they want, but homosexuality is not a sin. It is no different than being born left-handed. Therefore, they have no legal basis for discriminating against gay people in a place of business... the exact same way we don't tolerate anti-black discrimination. Leave the crazy fairy tales at home or in church.

Oh, and again... you can't compare a loving relationship between two consenting adults to some perv fondling little girls.
Maybe Christians are wrong or maybe you are. I'll side with the Christians . Christian don't believe it's a sin to be born homosexual per se, but that the activity and desires is. By your reasoning there's no reason to discriminate against pedophiles, incestuous or bigamist or anyone or anything else alleged to be congenital.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:13 PM

52 posts, read 40,245 times
Quote:
Maybe Christians are wrong or maybe you are. I'll side with the Christians . Christian don't believe it's a sin to be born homosexual per se, but that the activity and desires is. By your reasoning there's no reason to discriminate against pedophiles, incestuous or bigamist or anyone or anything else alleged to be congenital.
That makes absolutely no sense. Two dudes loving each other doesn't hurt anyone. Pedophiles hurt vulnerable children who can't consent. See the difference?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. Two dudes loving each other doesn't hurt anyone. Pedophiles hurt vulnerable children who can't consent. See the difference?
Yeah a difference when put to action, but not in abnormality of drives. Anyway, I don't care what gays do really but they shouldn't be forcing people to make gay wedding cakes and provided wedding services or getting "marriage" license and survivor benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies