Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:35 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,819,171 times

Advertisements

I want a wall, and technology, to secure the border as a physical barrier for when the inevitable president who decides not to enforce existing laws shows up on the scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 10:51 AM

763 posts, read 381,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
WV would have elected any Republican that had won. If the Democrats hadn't turned on the coal and gas industry it would still be (D).

Joe is a (D) and as you note, he won easily and will win again.
I agree with that statement.

I wouldn't say that Joe Manchin will win easily. Evan Jenkins will give him a run for his money in my opinion. I think it will be close.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,120,527 times
Quote:
It's so much easier and cheaper to actually address the reason people come here. Again, the wall is simply a smoke screen for not doing that. Trump is not going to go after the cheap labor.
Yes, coupled with e-verify, fines for employers , etc., the upgraded Wall and the associated border security measures should improve the current situation.

It's definitely time to move forward on this.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:12 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,202,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I want a wall, and technology, to secure the border as a physical barrier for when the inevitable president who decides not to enforce existing laws shows up on the scene.
Exactly! Without the wall the next democrat president would just not enforce the laws. The wall is the only way we get a guarantee the border will be secure for future generations

Old 01-27-2018, 11:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Exactly! Without the wall the next democrat president would just not enforce the laws. The wall is the only way we get a guarantee the border will be secure for future generations
Who is enforcing the employment laws concerning illegals? Why does the laws you refuse to enforce matter?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:27 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,822,947 times
"We need technology, we need border agents." I think we should work smarter when it comes to controlling the border. A wall, nah. Let the wildlife cross, keep the illegals out with a surveillance satellite that monitors the whole boarder 24/7. Spend the money on man power, not a maintenance nightmare that is not 100% effective. Change the laws to punish greedy companies that exploit cheap labor. Eliminate the jobs, eliminate the need to come. Reform our visa system to catch those who over stay their visa's. Why fix only a small part of the problem?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:34 AM

22,514 posts, read 12,061,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
As long as their is demand in this country for the labor of illegals then a wall, moat or whatever barrier you build is doomed for failure.
As has been mentioned many, many times the wall that Bill Clinton had built at the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. Do you call that wall a "folly"?

What "demand" for "labor of illegals"? The only ones cheering that on are those who want cheap, exploitable, illegal labor. They want that because they don't want to pay a fair wage to Americans and legal immigrants.

Apparently, you are all for exploiting illegals. That's despicable.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Manchin is a Dem. Senator in an alt-right, alt-white state. His days are numbered no matter what he says.
Quote:
Manchin is going to easily win. WV is not what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
WV is a alt-right state? What is alt-white? Why are you so racist, and close minded?
She obviously never set foot in WV. That, and her comments are racist and bigoted.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,645,612 times
The Republicans have already put us in debt to the tune of 1.5 Trillion dollars. Where were the crying conservatives that obstructed Obama’s spending? Now, it’s okay I guess because it’s a Republican spending the money.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, I disagree. We need the wall. A lot of Mexicans are not getting enough exercise, scaling it would be very good for their health. Otherwise, yeah, it is a joke.
Ridiculous post Even more ridiculous coming from those who live in a gated community. Oh, the irony! It's okay for them to live behind gates and walls but yet they think it's perfectly fine for our borders to be wide open and unprotected. Talk about being hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies