Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 08:10 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And here is the key phrase in that article: Anecdotal evidence by leaders of prolife groups...
Well, I pray to God the day never comes that we have incontrovertible evidence against these evil b*stards.

After-Birth Abortion
The pro-choice case for infanticide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 08:11 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Why does the OP find it necessary to post a LIE in their title of post? The link is about abortion, not about killing infants.

I think liars should be banned from CD.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
And I'm getting really tired of a bunch of pretend Christian old men telling me what I'm allowed and not allowed to do with my own body.
I agree, to a point. But this is more about Gillibrand assuming that merely having more women in office would mean the end of the abortion debate. Women aren't a herd of lemmings. You and I have different opinions on a lot of things, I'd bet, as well as a lot of things in common. We're individuals, and smart women will stop thinking we can be made to think and vote as a single entity.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:30 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I think it is ridiculous that anyone has any say at all when it comes to what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

Who are we to judge a woman that finds herself with a very difficult decision to make ?

I can't stand the politicians that get on their soap boxes and talk down to us from their morale high ground BUT when we all know that if they impregnated their intern they would be the first to drag them down to the clinic.

With that being said I am personally anti abortion but once again it has to remain the woman's choice in her body.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it is ridiculous that anyone has any say at all when it comes to what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

Who are we to judge a woman that finds herself with a very difficult decision to make ?

I can't stand the politicians that get on their soap boxes and talk down to us from their morale high ground BUT when we all know that if they impregnated their intern they would be the first to drag them down to the clinic.

With that being said I am personally anti abortion but once again it has to remain the woman's choice in her body.
Perfectly stated.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:59 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:

The big problem I have with that is that at some point, that baby is capable of life outside the womb, even though the mother is still carrying it. It has a fully developed nervous system, a functioning brain, and pain receptors (among other functioning systems). I have three cousins and one sister-in-law who have all had extremely premature babies - as early as 23 weeks. Three survived, and you'd never know they were preemies. (My brother's baby did not.)

At what point do we consider that baby to be its own life? This is where the debate seems to lie these days. If a woman doesn't want the baby, but it can survive outside her body, does that baby have rights? If the mother's rights take precedence because she is still carrying it (caring for it), why wouldn't this extend to post-birth? [I am NOT saying post-birth abortion is okay, just pointing out how the reasoning for one issue can be used to support the other.] If it's because the baby can be given away post-birth, why not take the baby early through induced labor rather than abortion?

Just some stuff to think about. Anyway, I still disagree with Ms. Gillibrand.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:04 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
That's just silly, OP. I don't know anyone who supports killing newborn babies.

OP you are outnumbered for good reason...

Old 01-28-2018, 09:04 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:

I wish I could rep you more for that last sentence alone. Thank you for your honesty.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:17 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
I am 1000% proudly pro choice yet never heard of anyone who is pro-killing babies (or even pro-abortion, for that matter).

I do know people who are women-hating hypocrites, though. They often call themselves "pro-life", which really means "pro-death in every aspect, from guns, nukes, etc. + pro taking women's productive rights from them".

The American Taliban who want to take women's constitutional rights away are the ones who need to be deported. Supreme Court settled the abortion issues as a Constitutional right more than 40 years ago. Done deal.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:33 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Not clear why the kids haven't shut down this one when the thread title is a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies