Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 04:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, by this thought, will you give credit to bush for the first year of Obama?

I though not....
Given that Obama was elected in 2008 and the economy didn't start really recovery until 2010, I'll gladly give that first year to Bush since it was a lousy year economically, and he earned it.

Now, if you want to be realistic and not partisan - a laughably concept around here - I honestly don't care much for any of the president's we've had since Bush Senior, and even he wasn't great by any means. But he was a WW2 vet, so that's worth something. The rest have been career politicians with little to no experience in the real world. Yes, I count Trump the "businessman" in that category since he inherited his wealth, squandered it, and has been given a free pass by basically everyone for everything. If you or I pulled the crap he did, we'd be in prison.

Finally, I don't really give Obama credit for the recovery, but since we live in a childish nation where political discourse barely gets to the intellect level of sports discussions, we're left to play that game. And if we must play "give credit to a president for the economy," it is OBAMA, not Trump, who would deserve the credit by the rules of that game. Just remember that most of the bootlicking hacks who worship Trump now wouldn't have trusted him with their money, house, or wife a few years ago before he became a sainted Republican and thus all his sins were magically forgiven.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some covfefe to drink before I don't watch the State of the Uniom sham-show.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:51 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And don't forget the corps man....
That was the best. The silly little twit was the head of the corps, and called them "corpse".

What a maroon!

lol

Old 01-30-2018, 05:00 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I notice that since Trump took office there are a lot more governmental typos being mocked in the media, though not sure if that's a sign of stupidity or carelessness.
Perhaps it is because he is doing such a good job, that only cheap shots can be applied to him and his administration.

Obama White House, and this one "takes the cake"!

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...rsons-globally

And the winner in the above link is: "Protecting Human Rights and Advancing Nondiscrimination through Diplomatic and Pubic Engagement and Foreign Assistance" (PUBIC ENGAGEMENT)

I found another one by Obama's Communications Director, a Twitter, but the typo resulted in a word that would violate the TOS, but know it was really bad and not a swear either.

Ah, the continued desperation of the left. Maybe it was a DACA since 20% have dropped out of school, and they can probably get "preference" when it comes to a job.

I wonder if it wasn't done on purpose. I could say someone paying off whoever was creating it to mess it up. The left knows NO BOUNDS when it comes to their war on President Trump.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:02 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Like Trump, they hire only the best.
Like ALL businesses across the board.. The often do internal " Business Practice" assessments.. QUALITY ASSURANCE is not just lacking now.. BUT it never got off the ground..between poor promotions or hiring quality folks or Putting replacements into high positions the is required to conduct Foreign policy..!

ALL I have seen in this past year is CUT all Jobs/ declare Hiring freeze ( leaving ONE person to do the job of dozens) STATE department is missing many necessary workers.. YET Trump loves to declare HE can do it all ALONE!!

I am actually feeling pity for my American Friends rightness.. BUT the disaster coming down the road seems bordering on " Constitutional Crisis" Day by day!! IF USA expects to be trusted now.. FORGET it.. DJT's word means NADDA!! If gets impeached.. I actually do not expect even Pence can dig them out of this HOLE!!

Reason ?? GOP controlled Congress is aiding and abetting this fiasco !! There's a huge reason many dozens of Politicians are retiring.. It's a nest of disposability functions!! Why bother Bet, tho many of them will go into TH Media on Infowar's, Fox, and Breitbart Propaganda .. Never mind all those other obscure ( Russian Troll sponsored Sites)

I see daily, Russian trolls posting on many social media sites!! WHEN will they get regulated to block such false information?????

Old 01-30-2018, 05:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
House GOP in charge of printing the tickets for the State of the Union.

Tickets say, UNIOM.

And you trust these idiots to fix immigration, infrastructure, etc.?
Incorrect.

Tickets are the responsibility of the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper. The post is non-partisan and the current head was appointed during the Obama Administration.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:17 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
"Folks! We have a great show for you tonight! Here with us, live and in our studios, I present to you "The Don Rickles of Crass Presidential Comedy," give it up for Donald J. Trump and his take on The State Of The Union Address!"

(I leave the rest to your imaginations!)

Old 01-30-2018, 06:12 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
When you think about it, Trump has never given a poor speech.
Obama regularly looked bored and lifeless, and so did Bush, but Trump always looks switched on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies