Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,696,020 times

Advertisements

The truth is that 20% of all lung cancer patients were non-smokers. I don't recommend smoking anything, but trying to vilify marijuana because of one death is just plain silly.

Lung cancer affecting more nonsmokers - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,526,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
These are not attacks. Rather, they are just posts pointing out how you pick and choose your information based on the desired outcome rather than actual facts.

Your "not completely reliable" approach gives you license to do that, and you do it freely.

Regardless, nice job of ignoring the other links provided to you.

You are completely closed-minded when it comes to anything positive about the cannabis plant. I dare you to say something positive about it without throwing up.
Whatever Raddo.
The OP thread title has to do with lung cancer and someone smoking pot.
If you want to point out positives of smoking pot, start a thread.

Who are you to say that I have to like the pot plant at all?
Who do you think you are you to tell people what they should like ?!
That there is the problem right there, Raddo. Cause someone doesn't like what you like you attack them and think they are wrong.

And me saying that WebMD isn't completely reliable is not me picking and choosing info.

Beaconowner post on the American Lung Association and how there could be special interest companies having a sway makes sense. It only benefits everybody from knowing that.

Again, point blank, you put smoke in your lungs, and it can cause health risks.

Last edited by Atalanta; 02-02-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 02-02-2018, 01:43 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,334,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Who are you to say that I have to like the pot plant at all?
Who do you think you are you to tell people what they should like ?!
I'll tell you who I am. I am a victim of The War on Drugs.

In fact, by supporting prohibition, it is YOU who are telling people what they should and shouldn't like, at the point of a gun!

Think about it.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:55 PM

11,146 posts, read 10,721,873 times
Quote:
I said “completely reliableâ€
Get a grip on your drooling attacks.
Drooling attacks? Poster intelligently pointing out that you cited the exact same website that you decried as not completely reliable is a drooling attack? Interesting point of view to have. Let me guess, the only part of WebMD that is reliable on the topic are the negative effects, right?

My 11-year-old wouldn't even attempt that in a discussion.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
So I guess that means we don't know if he smoked cigarettes. What if you found out he smoked a pack a day would you still blame the weed?

Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM

21,747 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
The OP thread title has to do with lung cancer and someone smoking pot.
Yeah. And no information linking the two. Whatdaya bet the guy wore shoes too ... Connection?
Quote:
If you want to point out positives of smoking pot, start a thread.
Well, I'd just like to say it sure helped get me through Vietnam in the late 60’s ... and here I am still today ... no lung cancer! And I'm 'bout the same age as Peron ...
Quote:
And me saying that WebMD isn't completely reliable is not me picking and choosing info..
It is if you use it selectively and speciously.

Quote:
Again, point blank, you put smoke in your lungs, and it can cause health risks.
Do you eat anything with sugar in it? Worst thing a person can put in their body. And yet, I indulge myself a bit ... and no type 2 diabetes and I'm not overweight ... go figure!

Old 02-02-2018, 02:18 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,533,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Of course we all eventually die...I just love when posts appear like this.

My son in law picked up cigs at 10, stopped when first child was born in his 40's and along the way grew and smoked grass, he died of lung cancer at 55. It spread everywhere in his body. Never saw his first born graduate high school and now enter college. At 79, no way do I want to destroy my lungs.

I use some CBD ointment on my knee but it doesn't do much re: pain.
The other side of the coin: My mother was one of 10 kids, all of whom began cigarette smoking at very early ages, some as young as 8. My mother and one sister were the only non-smokers, non-drinkers in the family. My mom died of cancer at 44. All of her siblings are still living well into their 90s. My dad is 94. This is my worst nightmare. Some folks live way beyond any real quality of life. Others die young. Both scenarios are unfortunate but we all have choices. For me, I'm all about moderation. If I die sooner than I expected, so be it. But should I live that long, sometime in my early to mid 80s I will take matters into my own hands. The 90s suck for most folks.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:26 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,526,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I'll tell you who I am. I am a victim of The War on Drugs.

In fact, by supporting prohibition, it is YOU who are telling people what they should and shouldn't like, at the point of a gun!

Think about it.
Raddo, where did I say in this thread anything about prohibition?
If you chose to be a victim, well then.

I have said putting pot smoke into your lungs can cause health risks.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,334,768 times
Quote:
Raddo, where did I say in this thread anything about prohibition?
If you chose to be a victim, well then.

I have said putting pot smoke into your lungs can cause health risks.
LOL! LOL! LOL!

Please tell me then that you are for legalization. Then I can fill the rest of the page with LOL's!

I have no choice but to assume you are a prohibitionist in other threads but not in this one.

Bizarre.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The article didn't say he died of lung cancer. It said he had lung cancer. People can suffer from a fatal disease and die from something completely different. For example, people can have Lou Gehrig's disease and get shot to death in a robbery. And even if he did, he may have been a heavy cigarette smoker or had a genetic predisposition to lung cancer.

C'mon.

Other articles DO attribute his death to lung cancer. Oh, and he WAS a cigarette smoker--marijuana cigarettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies