Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:20 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Dennis Peron, the father of medical pot who helped push to legalize the drug, has died of lung cancer.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...alifornia-dies

There is a picture of him in the article proudly smoking his drugs. I hope other users stop before this happens to them too.
Yeah..... and Jim Fixx died of a heart attack at 52 while on a casual run. Causation / correlation anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 07:27 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I love Karma

Smoking pot is a health risk, no way around it.
All the meanwhile cigarette smoking is banned from a lot of places, because of the health risk.
But pushing pot to be legal. Great message to our youth.
You prefer the message that it's illegal to own a plant simply because of 1930s racism and corporate greed?

Old 02-02-2018, 07:42 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
I grew up in the 60's, and although I wasn't a hippie, I dated a lot of hippie chicks. So, occasionally, we would share a little of her pot. I never enjoyed it for a couple of reasons, first, I like being in control of myself, and secondly, that burning sensation in your chest was not pleasant. It was like you had a fire in your lungs. I've never smoked cigarettes in my life, so the effects were even worse for me.

There is no question that ANY smoke, be it tobacco or pot, can not be good for your lungs. You are putting a foreign substance into your body and, regardless of the "herbal" claims by pot smokers, it is still smoke.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:44 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

Your article is from 2005, which is 13 years old.
And done by a University in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I trust an article form the American Lung Association from 2015.

Also, did you read the article link you posted?

Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinklylaadyy View Post
Smoking pot is a risk factor for lung cancer (adenocarcinoma especially). But so is smoking crack, meth and anything else. Other risk factors for LC besides smoking tobacco, marijuana and other stuff are fuel emissions, cosmetic loose powders (mineral makeup, lose setting powders etc.. they get in your lungs).
Sure is. Common sense 101.

Sometimes people who chose to smoke pot have to make an excuse and be in denial the health risks to it. And be so on the bandwagon to legalize their drug of choice they really are on denial.
Smoke it you chose and don’t be so ignorant around the risks.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You prefer the message that it's illegal to own a plant simply because of 1930s racism and corporate greed?
Paranoia much?
That can be another effect of smoking pot.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,165 times
Quote:
Your article is from 2005, which is 13 years old.
And done by a University in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I trust an article form the American Lung Association from 2015.

Also, did you read the article link you posted?
Yes, I read it. I doubt you did, though.

I love how you (and most politically-motivated people) look at the geographical location first to determine if the actual details are to be discarded before they are even evaluated. A University in conservative Colorado Springs isn't to be trusted? Even if it is 7 years before legalization? Ridiculous.

What I trust, above everything else, is evidence. In this case, a lack of evidence. There is not one documented case of cannabis causing cancer. Period.

If your concern was valid, with millions of users using it every day for the last 50 years we should have bodies piling up somewhere because the cemeteries are all already full. Where are all the casualties?

Old 02-02-2018, 08:09 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Sure is. Common sense 101.

Sometimes people who chose to smoke pot have to make an excuse and be in denial the health risks to it. And be so on the bandwagon to legalize their drug of choice they really are on denial.
Smoke it you chose and don’t be so ignorant around the risks.
Yeah they are afraid of being told it isn't great for you so they get really defensive and lash out at anyone with an open mind.

I used to enjoy a glass of wine after work but drinking alcohol every day even in small amounts probably isn't good for anyone so I don't do that anymore. Alcohol, especially red wine, also has been found to have health benefits. My thoughts are that it is probably more bad than good. Same with marijuana.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yeah they are afraid of being told it isn't great for you so they get really defensive and lash out at anyone with an open mind.

I used to enjoy a glass of wine after work but drinking alcohol every day even in small amounts probably isn't good for anyone so I don't do that anymore. Alcohol, especially red wine, also has been found to have health benefits. My thoughts are that it is probably more bad than good. Same with marijuana.
Open Mind? You and the other prohibitionists have an open mind?

THAT is the funniest thing I have read all week!

Thanks!!!

Old 02-02-2018, 08:23 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Open Mind? You and the other prohibitionists have an open mind?

THAT is the funniest thing I have read all week!

Thanks!!!
There you go. I don't really care if it's legalized. Just being open to a discussion of negatives as well and you people will not listen or acknowledge those issues at all. That is closed minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies