Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times

Advertisements

The worst part for me was how the Dems couldn't even show a smidgen of respect for the several guests when they were being honored. Each person honored was an excellent choice, yet no empathy or respect shown to them by the Dems. Has their hatred for everything Trump blinded them to basic human decency? What did those parents of the girls murdered by MS 13 gang members do wrong that they're not deserving of sympathy and respect? Or the guy who escaped NK? Or the soldier who took heroic measures to save his comrades life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It never is. Especially out of the president. Don't expect others to respect this from a president either.

I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Schumer is a poor example of leadership also.

Yet he is the top dem...

Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm so happy to not be a part of the Demonic Rat party....that display was sad.

I'm sure that the Democrats as well, are happy that you're not a part of them. What was embarrassing about the event, was the way the Republicans were standing and cheering, every time Trump uttered a threat about further depriving poor people and devastating the environment even more. His absurd statement about "beautiful, clean coal", should have humiliated them, to be in the same political party, but they still cheered.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:23 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm sure that the Democrats as well, are happy that you're not a part of them. What was embarrassing about the event, was the way the Republicans were standing and cheering, every time Trump uttered a threat about further depriving poor people and devastating the environment even more. His absurd statement about "beautiful, clean coal", should have humiliated them, to be in the same political party, but they still cheered.

Gotta love the left. "Depriving" and "Devastating."

Don't worry, the left gave plenty of commercial material that will be very embarrassing come the elections this year...

USA, USA, USA.....wait who was that walking out during the USA chant...yep...a dem....

Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Suck it up buttercups— Trump shows no respect to the office he occupies or the constitution and has been a national disgrace and embarrassment for the entire year. He’s in a death spiral and taking the presidency and the GOP with him.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
At least no one shouted out, "YOU LIE!" which they had more than enough places where that would have been true if they had. Honesty, sometimes I think some of the people on this site have never seen a State of the Union address before and watched what the opposition party did while in the audience. This thread is bogus.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:11 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
At least no one shouted out, "YOU LIE!" which they had more than enough places where that would have been true if they had. Honesty, sometimes I think some of the people on this site have never seen a State of the Union address before and watched what the opposition party did while in the audience. This thread is bogus.
I agree.
This was the first year in decades that I didn't watch. I've seen nothing described on this thread that isn't typical of every SOTU I've ever seen.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
To be fair, Obama did lie and the Congressman later appologized. Also, he was one guy, and in this case, we are talking about the entire Democrat party.

Where are the appologies from the Democrats to the people of our country for their petulant, anti-American conduct? Truly they give every appearance of having no shame.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:28 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
I would not give any ounce of respect to a chronic liar, a man accused of sexual harassment by 16 different women, a man who admits to sexual harassment, a man who cheats on his wife and new born baby. A man who makes fun of mentally handicap. A man who doesn't pay his workers. I don't care what he promises, the man is a horrible human being.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:36 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Rep. Brenda Lawrence played Candy Crush during Trump speech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies