Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 05:09 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama never got above 3% while increasing spending to unprecedented levels.
It can be argued that Obama is the smallest government spender since Dwight D. Eisenhower.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung.../#1aadfb6e25cf

When Reagan became president spending (federal outlays) was at $678 billion and Reagan increased that spending to $1.1 trillion. When GW Bush became president spending was at $1.8 trillion and Bush increased that spending to $3.5 trillion. But after Obama became president government spending fell and did not increase (and that hasn't happened since Eisenhower.)
Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary | Tax Policy Center

Quote:
This while cutting spending.
Obama's 2017 budget had $4.147 trillion in spending (expenditures.)
Trumps 2018 budget has $4.094 trillion in spending.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_U...federal_budget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_U...federal_budget

And Donald Trump fully ignores the military spending that caused GW Bush's spending problems, and Trump wants to increase military spending.

Trumps spending cuts reduce Social Security and Medicare payments, reduce government assistance to needy Americans, reduce veterans benefits, reduce spending for education, reduce science and medical research, ex.ex.

Republicans Will Cut Social Security and Medicare After Tax Plan Passes, Says Marco Rubio
Trump budget cuts spending by $3.6 trillion over 10 years, with deep cuts to safety net - Chicago Tribune
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ying-veterans/
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/tru...-care-of-them/
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...bled-vets.html
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017...s-to-education
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2ffaa877df8f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 05:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, we are in the 2nd QTR.....government runs from Oct 1st to the last day in September of the following year...

Yes, I would be very
Yes, you should be embarrassed by your ignorance.

When it comes to GDP growth, the 1st quarter begins on Jan 1, so no, we are not in 2nd Qt.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Doesn't matter - Trump has DONE NOTHING to help the economy.

That's the whole sticking point of this insane boot-licking parade. Trump has done NOTHING to "make America great again" or help the economy. He is literally just stealing credit for the recovery under Obama while he pretended it never happened while campaigning. Even his stupid pay-day loan tax plan - "get your money now, but pay more for it later!" - hasn't been in effect long enough to have any effect on anything. It is the height of dishonesty to pretend that Trump "fixed" the economy by basically doing nothing for a year and letting it coast along since 2010. Based on that insane reasoning, I could take credit for the nation's economy since I've passed exactly as many laws as Trump has to improve it... oh, but I also pay my taxes, so I guess I'm more eligible for taking credit!?

Seriously, just knock it off already. I'm so tired of right-washed history where we're to believe the economy crashed the day Obama took office, stayed there for exactly 8 years, and then the markets jumped 20,000+ points the day Trump took office. It is such a childish partisan lie.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:16 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Doesn't matter - Trump has DONE NOTHING to help the economy.

That's the whole sticking point of this insane boot-licking parade. Trump has done NOTHING to "make America great again" or help the economy. He is literally just stealing credit for the recovery under Obama while he pretended it never happened while campaigning. Even his stupid pay-day loan tax plan - "get your money now, but pay more for it later!" - hasn't been in effect long enough to have any effect on anything. It is the height of dishonesty to pretend that Trump "fixed" the economy by basically doing nothing for a year and letting it coast along since 2010. Based on that insane reasoning, I could take credit for the nation's economy since I've passed exactly as many laws as Trump has to improve it... oh, but I also pay my taxes, so I guess I'm more eligible for taking credit!?

Seriously, just knock it off already. I'm so tired of right-washed history where we're to believe the economy crashed the day Obama took office, stayed there for exactly 8 years, and then the markets jumped 20,000+ points the day Trump took office. It is such a childish partisan lie.
Somebody's angry

Old 02-01-2018, 05:31 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Somebody's angry
More likely delusional. Dems being the touchy feely "Hope and Change" party.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Trump still winning.

First he hits a home run with the SOTU address, now the fed revises GDP Growth to an amazing 5.4%. This while cutting spending.

BOOM! Atlanta Fed Upgrades Trump First Quarter GDP to 5.4%

#MAGA!
He didn't build that........................ Obama did.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:34 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Wow...dont often see them panic and suddenly try to derail their own sides threads usually.
Well, tell me how peace prize winning Obama didnt free Terrorists who would return to the battlefield? And how he didnt give billions of dollars to the Iranians to be used on their nuke programs? I didnt know the Nobel peace prize was now a violence prize

Ok, back on Topic? How will Trump not beat Bush's and Obama's 20 trillion dollar deficit?

Old 02-01-2018, 05:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, we are in the 2nd QTR.....government runs from Oct 1st to the last day in September of the following year...

Yes, I would be very
GDP goes by calendar year, not fiscal year.

The presidential (federal) fiscal year is the one that starts October 1st.

Trump supporters never miss an opportunity to show off their ignorance.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Trump still winning.

First he hits a home run with the SOTU address, now the fed revises GDP Growth to an amazing 5.4%. This while cutting spending.

BOOM! Atlanta Fed Upgrades Trump First Quarter GDP to 5.4%

#MAGA!
WOW!

That will be spectacular.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:48 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
NY Fed is projecting 3.1%. Of course the O.P. is cherry-picking the higher estimate and running with it :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies