Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe politicians should be able to block and delete comments on social media?
No! Freedom of speech! 18 60.00%
Yes! He reserves the right to silence any opposition on his page! 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Sorry, but his actions demonstrate "Communist Opposition Silencing" tactics ......

"Real men laugh at opposition; real men smile when enemies appear." -Marcus Garvey
That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time. Grats on standing out in a crowded circus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 05:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
I wonder how many of the right-wingers who voted against the Twitter account being blocked, and thus claiming any wacko is entitled to a captive audience, have themselves blocked other users on City Data or other sites?

Because if ANYONE voted against allowing politicians to block comments on their feeds while at the same time themselves blocking users on this forum or any website they own or visit, they are total hypocrites.

Freedom of speech does NOT guarantee you an audience. One of the greatest things about this nation is that you are not required by law to listen to other people's nonsense.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:22 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Gutierrez is nothing but an anti-American traitor. He wants illegal aliens of the Hispanic persuasion to invade our country with impunity so that the Reconquista plan will be accomplished.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
I don't think they can, since that page is supported by taxpayer dollars. You can sue him. The page is public, not personal, its the page for a federal officeholder, not for a private citizen.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Freedom of speech does not guarantee you an audience, nor does it make you immune to the consequences of your actions.

I'm damn tired of right-wingers pretending that freedom of speech only protects hate speech, their religion, and their viewpoints. It doesn't, nor does it mean anyone has to listen to you.
absolutely right! but lets also note that left wingers do the same damned thing as well. both sides try to limit free speech in one way or another.

i will note also however that the first amendment applies to government ONLY, and not the private sector.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I am a Dem and I don't think politicians should be able to block people. Peter King, a Republican from my area, has blocked a ton
Of his constituents that I know when they post things he or his staff don't like.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:31 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
So you all know by now Illinois Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez walked out of the SOTU on Tuesday. Well, I went on his FB and he had a lot of comments about him doing that. Most were negative..

I left a comment about him being triggered by the USA chant . I went back today to check on the comment and it was gone. He deleted mine , along with another 300 comments. I also found out I was blocked. I can no longer comment or view his page.

This guy is nothing but a phony anti-american hypocrite congressman . He is constantly bashing and talking crap about President Trump. He finally gets criticism for his actions and he blocks and deleted everyones comments. If he was so triggered by the word USA. Then he should go find another country to live in.

I cannot believe people like this are part of our government. What a total fraud....
Not on Facebook. My wife blocks the crazy right all the time.

I am sure some of you block my posts, The Nutty Don lying again thread drives some of you crazy.

Last edited by Boss; 02-01-2018 at 06:41 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 06:31 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
So you all know by now Illinois Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez walked out of the SOTU on Tuesday. Well, I went on his FB and he had a lot of comments about him doing that. Most were negative..

I left a comment about him being triggered by the USA chant . I went back today to check on the comment and it was gone. He deleted mine , along with another 300 comments. I also found out I was blocked. I can no longer comment or view his page.

This guy is nothing but a phony anti-american hypocrite congressman . He is constantly bashing and talking crap about President Trump. He finally gets criticism for his actions and he blocks and deleted everyones comments. If he was so triggered by the word USA. Then he should go find another country to live in.

I cannot believe people like this are part of our government. What a total fraud....
Lemme tell you what your first mistake was. You should have posted in Spanish and identified yourself as an illegal alien. He would not have read beyond the first two or three lines. Then, you can write whatever you want without fear of deletion and persecution. Gutierrez is discriminating against you and it's clear he is a racist that hates white and black people. He has a clear Mexico first agenda.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:

He has the right to block anything he wants on his social media. There's nothing he can do to erase that childish BS as he walked out during the USA chants. He only proves that he is actually anti-American. He represents an America the extreme left has yet to create.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:

This has been going on in Europe for a long time. Western Europe online newspapers had comments under articles. Most of the news was false and when friends of mine and myself would comment these comments were at first approved and later all deleted. Now no longer are any comments posted as it showed how fake the news is over there and brain washed Europeans are.

The same is what happened to you! Sorry but the left can't handle the truth and rather be a dictatorship!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies