Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:23 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,241,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Yeah -- and afterwards we could have the troops burn Washington DC in commemoration the 200th anniversary of the end of the War of 1812.
If we really want to do it right, we should do what George Washington did after the Revolutionary War in 1783 and disband the Army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 10:23 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Can't believe we have a 39 page topic about something that Trump never said.

I guess it goes to show how Trump Haters still believe the MSM without question.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If you are an American citizen subject to the US Constitution and the government it defines, then yeah, he is your President.

I am a veteran. I am also a voluntaryist libertarian who pretty much hates government at every level. Good for me and my rebellious attitude. Thing is, doesn't change where I live and what government and laws I am bound by. I loathe Barack Obama, but for 8 years, he was indeed my President. I loathe Sherrod Brown and find Portman generally annoying, but I live in Ohio, so that makes them my Senators. I find my city council and mayor to be mostly repugnant and detestable, but I live in the neighborhood I live, so I am one of the many households "governed" by their mafia-style protection racket.

And when I was in the military, I had a ton of senior enlisted and officers alike I found to be straight knucklehead douche-pickles, but they were the boss, so I said "aye aye" when they gave me orders.

Until Trump is no longer in office, he's your President. That's life. It's unfair from the moment it starts. Suck it up buttercup.
Just because I sit in a garage doesn't make me a Lincoln. Same thing goes for the chair in the Oval Office.

Last edited by cuebald; 02-07-2018 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,572,537 times
OVERCOMPENSATION move. Trump must really have incredibly small hands.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:26 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Ditto.

Plus, I always hated having to pull out the Class As and arrange everything Just So. And it always seems that you get stuck with one of two weather conditions: Hotter Than Hell With No Shade or Freezing Cold With No Shelter. (The latter wouldn't be so bad if you could move around, but when you're either at attention or parade rest....meh.)
I did not serve but I'd think most members of the military would rather have a day of rest than have to prep and travel for a parade.

And as far as the money spent on a parade, I think most Americans would rather see it spent towards troops salaries or the VA.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Don't forget Ted Nugent for the halftime show.
Filthy from lack of bathing for weeks, wearing feces-smeared clothing, just as he showed up for his army physical.

Such a patriot!

Trump disses McCain but praises Nugent. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how Trump really feels about the troops.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:31 AM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
bible thumping, gun tottin', third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

perhaps the military deserves some public praise these days. the armed forces are amazing people.

the hate is so evident on this thread. smdh

Old 02-07-2018, 10:33 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
I did not serve but I'd think most members of the military would rather have a day of rest than have to prep and travel for a parade.

And as far as the money spent on a parade, I think most Americans would rather see it spent towards troops salaries or the VA.

They don't have to worry. Trump never said anything alleged in the OP.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:35 AM

4,035 posts, read 2,722,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
bible thumping, gun totting, third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

perhaps the military deserves some public praise these days. the armed forces are amazing people.

Well, thanks for calling us amazing....

....but as several of us have pointed out, being in military ceremonies is pretty much a PITA for us. And we'd rather the money be spent on raising Active Duty pay, retired military pay, and helping out our homeless brothers-and-sisters in arms.

But thanks for the compliment.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:36 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,047,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
bible thumping, gun totting, third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

It's goose steppin propaganda and muscle flexing by a clown you elected. The military gets plenty of praise.

Look, I avoid Hitler comparisons like the plague....check my post history, I've never once compared to Trump to Hitler, he's a con man and a fool, not Hitler.

But the optics of this would be ridiculous, Cheeto Hitler and his tanks and missiles parade would be meme fodder for the next 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies