Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 08:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes I will. I have no problem with other human beings speaking their minds though.
Yeah. Wouldn't that be considered freedom of speech? Very American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 08:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes I will. I have no problem with other human beings speaking their minds though.
This.

I am looking forward to watching the speed skating, bob-sledding, figure skating and several other events.
I just hope that NBC doesn’t mangle the coverage too badly.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:44 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
In my entire life, I have probably watched one hour of any Olympics game. Not into any of it, so this one will be no different. I realize it is a stage for a lot of young hopeful athletes , who work their butts off, but I just am not into sports that much.
It's a wasteful event that hurts local economies.

Aside from not really being into it, I don't watch it for the same reason I don't shop at Walmart.

Pick one location, build one set of Olympic structure needs, and just reuse.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:50 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I hate that everything is politicized these days, too, but I'll be watching some events.

Todd, you may want to find something else to do on March 4th when they televise the Oscars....lol.

I used to tune into award shows like the Grammy's and the Oscars but not anymore. I just don't like being talked down to by a pseudo celebrity that takes the chance to lecture us with their political views while ignoring the fact that they themselves are hypocrites while the audience of hollywood elites laugh and applaud with delight while in the back of their minds they look forward to sexually harassing someone later that evening at the after party.

All that I ask is they keep the commentary to the sports and athletes and keep politics out of it.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:51 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
I want to see if the north Koreans die when they lose in the end.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:51 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
We watched the beautiful opening ceremony yesterday, and we're watching the slope style men's snowboard competition now. I love the ice skating competitions and everything about the winter sports except for curling. We had ten inches of snow yesterday and it's snowing again now. Winter Olympics, falling snow, a cup of tea, and dogs cozy in bed under their covers = utter contentment. It's the calm before another day of shoveling snow. I love doing it but it's not as much fun as skiing, sledding, or ice skating. Oh yeah, this week is going to be fun. I won't be doing anything near what the athletes do though. They make it look so easy, but it's anything but.

Don't let this toxic political climate ruin your watching the Olympics or anything else Todd. There's too many people out there ruining relationships and getting too upset and creating a bigger divide. Our country is more then one man regardless of what side of the fence you're on.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like the Olympics and so far my wife and I have been watching it here and there but I can't help but hope that some fool will not politicize it and ruin it for me.
They have interviewed Lindsey Vonn and I can't help but think about her stupid comments from a few months ago when she made the distinction that she is skiing for USA and not for Trump.
Gee thanks for clearing that up Lindsey.

Now that the pervert Matt Lauer is gone I think there is less chance that we will be lectured by the network host with a left leaning diatribe but who knows.

The olympics should be about the games and the athletes competing.
I hope they can keep politics out of it or I might be triggered to change the channel.

Will you be watching the Olympics?
No because two fruit loops politicized their gayness at the Olympics because Pence was there.

Compete, that’s what you are there for, not do some whiny crap because you don’t like a certain person.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
I like the Olympics and so far my wife and I have been watching it here and there but I can't help but hope that some fool will not politicize it and ruin it for me.
They have interviewed Lindsey Vonn and I can't help but think about her stupid comments from a few months ago when she made the distinction that she is skiing for USA and not for Trump.
Gee thanks for clearing that up Lindsey. Now that the pervert Matt Lauer is gone I think there is less chance that we will be lectured by the network host with a left leaning diatribe but who knows.
I hope they can keep politics out of it or I might be triggered to change the channel.
The only person who appears to be politicizing the Olympics currently is Pence. Rather than just go and support the US, he brings that Otto kid's father with him. You think that is not political? He sat there refusing to even smile and actually scowled when the Koreans marched in together. He's not even pretending to be polite or diplomatic--it's all about their posturing for Kim Jung Un. I thought he behaved disgracefully.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The only person who appears to be politicizing the Olympics currently is Pence. Rather than just go and support the US, he brings that Otto kid's father with him. You think that is not political? He sat there refusing to even smile and actually scowled when the Koreans marched in together. He's not even pretending to be polite or diplomatic--it's all about their posturing for Kim Jung Un. I thought he behaved disgracefully.
Why not? Jung un sent his sister. That politicized it.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Gee thanks for clearing that up Lindsey.

Now that the pervert Matt Lauer is gone I think there is less chance that we will be lectured by the network host with a left leaning diatribe but who knows.

So you proceed to make it political yourself? Ooooookaaaaay. What is that, avoiding being triggered by acting triggered before the actual trigger is delivered?

I don't have and don't want TV, so no, I won't be watching. If anything spectacular happens, there will be a clip on youtube, and that's all I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies