Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:13 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Good news on the horizon: an antiviral drug for flu that works faster:

https://www.livescience.com/61725-ex...e=notification

Tamiflu blocks replication of the virus inside the cell; the new drug prevents the virus from ever getting into the cell in the first place.

"Japanese drug regulators could approve the drug for use in Japan by early March, the Journal reported. The drugmaker plans to apply for approval in the U.S. this summer; however, the drug likely wouldn't be available here until next year."

Old 02-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You realize that is the WHOLE explanation of how and why the vaccine / flu shot works, don't you?

It is TRAINING your body to *recognize* the flu once you come into wild contact.

*And if you come into wild contact and have NOT have the flu shot, well, your immune will work or it won't.

You are essentially saying that people don;t need a flu shot.
It's a matter of timing. The vaccine generates immune cells that recognize the organism the vaccine is for and eliminate it before an infection can be established.

The immune system does not have to be taught what to do. When it is exposed to a vaccine it does exactly the same thing it would do when exposed to the wild virus or bacteria.

You seem to have the idea that a properly functioning immune system can prevent all infections. That is not true. You can become infected, at which point a healthy immune system will attempt to fight it off. It is not always successful. That is why otherwise healthy people end up in the hospital and sometimes die. In fact, a healthy immune system can cause a condition called cytokine storm, which is often fatal.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
No, I'm not saying that. If you get a flu shot, your immune system will know what to do to build antibodies automatically. It doesn't require any prior training with another disease or vaccine.
The vaccine IS the *training*.

So it *works* the same way that coming into wild contact with the disease does.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My wife is an herbalist come flu season I take the stuff she makes over getting the flu shot each season I have yet to get the flu.
My daughter came down with flu like symptoms last week. Sudden onset of body aches, headache, stomach ache, fatigue and a sore throat that was more off then on. I gave her elderberry syrup, vitamin D, vitamin C and oil of oregano as soon as the she told me she wasn't feeling well. Everyone else in the family started taking them too. If what she had was flu then it was very mild and she was better in three days. No one else got sick.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Yes, that enables the immune system to respond faster when it is exposed to the wild virus or bacteria, preventing an infection from being established.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
My daughter came down with flu like symptoms last week. Sudden onset of body aches, headache, stomach ache, fatigue and a sore throat that was more off then on. I gave her elderberry syrup, vitamin D, vitamin C and oil of oregano as soon as the she told me she wasn't feeling well. Everyone else in the family started taking them too. If what she had was flu then it was very mild and she was better in three days. No one else got sick.
Oil of oregano is wonderful, powerful stuff. It's so sad people dismiss it without even trying it. Could save their health and their pocketbook.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Oil of oregano is wonderful, powerful stuff. It's so sad people dismiss it without even trying it. Could save their health and their pocketbook.
Elderberry too!

Old 02-12-2018, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The reporter was probably alluding to the fact that eventually, you'll create an influenza "super-virus" that you won't be able to handle.

Disease is part and parcel of Natural Selection, which eliminates the weaker part of the gene-pool.

That is to everyone's advantage.
Not if you or someone you really depend on is the one "selected"...

Old 02-12-2018, 08:53 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Being exposed to a lot of illness in my lifetime from measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, scarlet fever, countless flues, colds, etc.

You artificially take away illnesses you take away a human's natural ability to fight off ANY illness.
If one looks around, this theory seems to be in play ^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You don't get the flu from the flu vaccine.

You were either already exposed or exposed shortly after & before the vaccine took full effect.

It can take 1-2 weeks until the vaccine is fully effective.

My parents call not feeling well (fever, chills, congestion that lasts a few days or up to a week) "the flu". Unless you test positive for the flu, you don't know if you really have it or not.
The flu vaccine was said to be 10% effective this year, how could anyone gauge anything from that?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/this-ye...-experts-warn/ Considering potentially unknown side effects over time, who would be impressed with a 10% effectiveness of injecting substances into their body? Only those that follow a herd mentality or worse yet the CDC Can We Trust the CDC? British Medical Journal Reveals CDC Lies About Ties to Big Pharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You did not get the flu from the vaccine, you got it despite getting the vaccine. Either the vaccine didn't work for you, or you got a strain that was not in the vaccine.
With a 10% effectiveness.............. Why inject poisons for 10% effectiveness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
So why don't you get a flu shot? Have you heard of "Herd immunity"? The more people in a social group that are immunized, the better protection for all, even those not immunized.
No, not better protection for all, equally endangering all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
The flu shot doesn't prevent one from getting the flu 100% of the time.

Never has.

Doesn't mean the shot gave you the flu.
Many people do believe the shot gives them the flu, thus the lower percentages of people getting the shots every year. I think it is around only 40% even bothering now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We use natural medicine also. The last thing we would do is go to the doctor where we would be guaranteed to get the flu by sitting with other infected people, but hey, that keeps those dollars rolling in for medical workers and big pharma!

Quote:
https://www.naturopathic.org/content.asp?contentid=250

https://wellnessmama.com/207/flu-remedies/

https://www.holistichealthherbalist....uick-recovery/

I suggest everyone make an informed choice, and using the CDC won't get you that. A world of information is available at everyone's fingertips that is reading my post, use that information to make informed choices about your health. https://steemit.com/truth/@tremendos...pharma-con-job

Building your immune system is your best defense, and vaccines will not do that. I don't personally know a single person that doesn't think that the flu shot generally causes the flu. They put up the sign "Get Your Flu Shot", and I have heard of no one having the flu. In 2 to 3 weeks.............yep, the flu is spreading, and earlier this year here.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

Yes, that's correct. But your immune system doesn't need to be "trained" somehow to be able to work, like one has to be "trained" to be able to ride a bike, for ex. Your immune system knows how to respond to an invader. You don't need to have contracted serious diseases such as measles, etc to "teach" your immune system to do what it's supposed to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies