Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you tired yet of all the mass killings?
Yes 111 78.17%
No 31 21.83%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I find it interesting that statists focus on mass killings done by private citizens yet largely overlook the mass killings done by States.

For every person killed by a private citizen a State has killed many many many more.
And what make you think I or anyone else is a statist? I find it interesting that you think that a strong interest or point of view in one subject indicates all others views must be similarly aligned.

What standing do you have that you think gives you the right to impose labels on others?

Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
And what make you think I or anyone else is a statist? I find it interesting that you think that a strong interest or point of view in one subject indicates all others views must be similarly aligned.

What standing do you have that you think gives you the right to impose labels on others?
Easy there tiger.

I just assume you are a statist by the simple definition of the word.

Anyone who believes in the legitimacy of the State is a statist.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:15 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
When we care more about our second amendment then the lives of others, we have a problem with our values. I wonder if your kids or kids of congress or the NRA were killed by guns...would you still advocate for gun rights.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:01 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
When we care more about our second amendment then the lives of others, we have a problem with our values. I wonder if your kids or kids of congress or the NRA were killed by guns...would you still advocate for gun rights.

I still would, the constitution and the bill of rights is more important than any one's life. It is the founding principal that our laws are based on. We don't just abandon our principal's or law's when it gets tough to want to keep them.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:01 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
We can all have our guns but ban the bullets or tax them 10000 each. No one should be able to buy hundreds of rounds at a time
Another fine example of "Common Sense" gun control.
Shooting competitively is a sport; participants shoot well over 10,000 rounds a year.
I shoot two or three hundred rounds each range trip.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:51 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,654,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some people want to make this about guns.

IMO, it is about unrecognized or unidentified mental health issues.

Our culture can create the tools needed to kill dozens within a few seconds but cannot see crazy behavior.

Oh we'll. Our culture is based on the concept of personal responsibility.

The Communist inspired 'group' has no right to being secure in the daily lives. Go figure

Better figure anytime you are out of your own home, you gotta chance at being shot by an insane person.

I'm getting Kevlar vest for my grandsons.
I agree, psychos are everywhere. Luckily we can defend ourselves. Sadly they make Kevlar in kids sizes. Search Ballistic back pack. I've seen normal looking jackets that can stop a bullet from an AR15.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:52 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,654,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What will you do when criminals, and the mentally ill refuse to turn in their guns? By definition these people don't follow laws. What makes you think they will follow yet another gun law? Look around. Do you see gun fights on the streets all the time in your area? I'll take my chances not bullet proofing, but continuing to carry.
We will tell you after we have YOUR guns silly!!!

Old 02-16-2018, 02:08 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
SO many hypocrites on this thread. No, they aren't sick of the mass shootings. They really aren't. They don't want to do a god damned thing about it besides sit on their asses and watch Fox News and pontificate about nonsense upon nonsense. That's why we are, and will continue to be, afflicted with these child sacrifices. Why a mentally deranged 19 year old can legally get his hands on a gun is way beyond my comprehension, but we do love our guns, don't we? We don't dare remotely infringe upon the beloved second amendment.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:45 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Apparently we're not tired of all the mass shootings because we do nothing to stem them. Americans love their guns more than they care about their fellow Americans. That's the sad truth.
That's right, and many teach their kids that it is valuable to have them and to learn to shoot, when children. Then, with violent video games, it must make it feel like a game to some.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:23 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Why don’t they have metal detectors at every entrance of the schools? Why can’t we outlaw assault rifles? Hunters don’t hunt with them. There is something these over paid politicians could do but they just won’t go against the NRA. Just get out the vote people that is the only power we as citizens have. Remember those politicians who refuse to do anything. They should be working for the people. Do you want another slaughter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies