Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who had a bigger influence on our Democracy?
Russia 27 57.45%
Black Lives Matter 15 31.91%
Unsure 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 01:07 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,861 times

Advertisements

I guess I missed the memo that Saturday is Crack Pot Thread Day on City Data.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:15 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
I guess I missed the memo that Saturday is Crack Pot Thread Day on City Data.
Please present any facts you find. Or point to exactly what you claim is NOT proven. Would be happy to provide you evidence including their own leadership's statements since.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:06 AM

I think this is more relevant now than ever now that people are understanding exactly what was pushed by the DNC as "Russia Interference."

Which do you think impacted more people? The Black Lives Matter scandal (no matter which side you fell on), or Russian bots and influence?

Old 08-08-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Let's pretend for a moment that the 20th century didn't happen. There was not some fear of impending doom that would occur in a large scale war between two superpowers with nukes.

Great, let's compare your BLM to Russia and how we'd respond without that century. BLM is, as your describing (rather or not it's true is irrelevant), engaging in corruption. How we'd address that is prosecute those who have committed a crime and engage in public debate to see about reforms that can occur to avoid this from happening again. To be fair, this also assumes representatives are not jellyfish bound to partisan talking points.

Now, on to Russia. The reason I brought up the 20th century and the fear of annihilation we got from it is because had that not happened, we'd already have troops marching on their way to Moscow for what they did. This was a planned attack on political institutions. If nukes weren't in the equation (and a president who's ego is so pathetically fragile that he cannot even acknowledge the Russian wrong doing because that would cheapen his win that he needs to serve as evidence of how perfect of a human he is), we'd have had a delcaration of war by now. Probably more than a decade ago, actually.

Do you understand the difference? One is an act of war, the other is corruption. We can agree both are bad, but when we're talking about what these things are by nature, it should not matter which had more of an impact.
We've meddled in a LOT of elections. A LOT. So to claim we should be at war with Russia over what they did is a bit irrational. We do a lot ourselves.

The ones pushing for "war with Russia" would be the Democrats. Trump seems to have some type of relationship (not saying that's good, bad, whatever).

But look at what evidence has been presented as far as "Russia meddling." Bot accounts and ads promoting faux groups. Not enough for war. The bigger issue was them hacking/phishing the DNC e-mail account and releasing their internal messages. But on that point, funny how Hillary didn't see "protection of privacy" as such a big deal when she was SofS. Funny how things change.

And let's not even get into the actual "collusion" that the DNC pulled off during the election.

Could go on and on about this and debate several points but I'm just throwing out a few things to put this whole "Russia" scandal in perspective.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:39 PM

1,641 posts, read 1,646,117 times
The Clinton-Obama mafia is what really influenced me to vote for Donald J. Trump for president to #MAGA. The Russian collusion was generated by Barrakuda Ovomit since the very beginning of his 8 years of dictatorship, Bullywood, NYT, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and many more of the crap that American Communist party a.k.a Democrat party have accustomed the average American mentality.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
The Clinton-Obama mafia is what really influenced me to vote for Donald J. Trump for president to #MAGA. The Russian collusion was generated by Barrakuda Ovomit since the very beginning of his 8 years of dictatorship, Bullywood, NYT, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and many more of the crap that American Communist party a.k.a Democrat party have accustomed the average American mentality.
The "Russia Collusion" claim came from the Clinton camp. Not to say they weren't working together. I agree about MSM collusion, but not sure if we agree on what/how they should report.

Soros --> Clinton/Obama --> BLM

Who here goes against their boss on a daily basis?? How could BLM "fight the system" if they're being funded by "the system?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies