Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who had a bigger influence on our Democracy?
Russia 27 57.45%
Black Lives Matter 15 31.91%
Unsure 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:50 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times

Advertisements

African American police corruption victim here. Saw the current movement grow from a few, to where there were protests in almost every major city. Have talked with a lot of organizers and activists about what happened, as well as about the issues.

I believe that the Black Lives Matter scandal was bigger than the Russian scandal. Here's why...

1) The scope of the group's influence.

Black Lives Matter was used to mask the Millennial Revolution that was taking place across the country. Movements that sprung up to have a political voice were silenced, strategically through media and by the DNC, and sabotaged. It's well documented what the residents of Ferguson said about the group, what former founders said about the group, and what victim's families have said about the group. They lied about their origins, who in fact they represented, and were pushed through media collusion and the DNC.

2) The way that Black Lives Matter was used

Regardless of the race of the Founders of 'The Movement,' which started the police corruption movement and worked with Ferguson, BLM was used to represent the ENTIRE black activist community. And the Movement that started things wasn't race based. It was age based, for Millennials. The ENTIRE history of the movement was erased for the sake of a million dollar funded non-profit that was eventually physically ran out of Ferguson.

3) The implications are more significant

Talk about sabotaging an election. BLM was used to stop "the people" from organizing. The 1st grassroots organizing we've seen in years. A Movement away from the 2 parties was sabotaged by special interest. Police corruption victims, victim's families, and legit activists were blackballed and worse for speaking out about the corruption.

For those of you who know about the many scandals ran through the astroturf movement, what are your thoughts? I can provide links for everything mentioned above. And several examples for each.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
BLM can be branded a terrible organization. I'm still more comfortable with citizens who lie effecting my elections that I am a foreign power. I find it hard to believe you don't feel the same, and deeply troubling if you don't.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Who had a bigger influence on our Democracy?
Madison

Old 02-18-2018, 12:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
The Poll question doesn't make it clear what you are talking about.

Sounds like you are equating "Democracy" with the 2016 Election.

If that is the case ..... then you answer your own question - BUT the choice in the Poll doesn't have your answers. Odd

Talk about sabotaging an election.

Movements that sprung up to have a political voice were silenced, strategically through media and by the DNC, and sabotaged.

IF your question is about the Election in 2016 ..... I agree with the Media had the most influence.
The Media LOST the Election - turned out that everyday people were FED-UP enough to actually consider that "my vote matters" and they went to the Polls to register that Vote. Media Lost.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
BLM can be branded a terrible organization. I'm still more comfortable with citizens who lie effecting my elections that I am a foreign power. I find it hard to believe you don't feel the same, and deeply troubling if you don't.

I don't feel that the Russian trolls/bots had more of an influence then BLM. I'd change my stance if I believed the opposite. There was a local BLM chapter in my hometown, with an agenda. The agenda was coming from a centralized source. That centralized source had sabotaged people in my city. Not only were they influencing politics, they were influencing business and the social construct.

As far as the police corruption issue, they completely sabotaged that. And sabotaged activists/founders who got it all going. Russia wasn't able to do that. Twitter, probably the 2nd largest social media company, actively employed a fraud (and still do) who is used to influence public opinion. Who's stolen from Americans and sabotaged activists.

I think the Russia situation is concerning, but to talk about fraudulent election influence and ignore what happened with BLM domestically is more concerning. I'm all about fighting the battle domestically and abroad. For me, I want a fair process.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Poll question doesn't make it clear what you are talking about.

Sounds like you are equating "Democracy" with the 2016 Election.

If that is the case ..... then you answer your own question - BUT the choice in the Poll doesn't have your answers. Odd

Talk about sabotaging an election.

Movements that sprung up to have a political voice were silenced, strategically through media and by the DNC, and sabotaged.

IF your question is about the Election in 2016 ..... I agree with the Media had the most influence.
The Media LOST the Election - turned out that everyday people were FED-UP enough to actually consider that "my vote matters" and they went to the Polls to register that Vote. Media Lost.
I'm talking about the fraudulent representation of Black Lives Matter.

Black Lives Matter didn't start the protests in Ferguson. They didn't start 'The Movement,' which was a youth based movement away from both parties.

The DNC ran a COINTEL agent, Deray McKesson, to fraudulently represent these 'Movements.' He's a DNC surrogate as revealed by the wiki leaks.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/wiki...eray-mckesson/

WikiLeaks emails reveal DeRay Mckesson was vetted as a potential DNC surrogate - Baltimore Sun

Essentially you had the DNC taking credit for a movement it didn't start, while libeling/slandering the actual founders and claiming to represent a "grassroots movement." In reality, the group was a Soros funded non-profit network that had received millions prior to Ferguson, and hi-jacked their movement and the youth movement.

In essence they were an astro-turf movement that colluded with media and social media.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:34 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
According to left wing Ana Kasparian/young turk hostess...
Quote:
KASPARIAN: But we know without a shadow of a doubt that there were Russian nationals who were posing as certain activist groups here in the United States like Black Lives Matter in order to spread disinformation, in order to lead to divide in the United States.
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/16/58661...chool-shooting
Black Lives Matter is a Russian Organization...

Old 02-18-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
According to left wing Ana Kasparian/young turk hostess...

Black Lives Matter is a Russian Organization...
I used to have access to their bank receipts from a journalist who researched them. They were actually an existing non-profit network funded by a few corporations and George Soros. When they were "awarded" $100 a few years ago it was actually by the same corporations and people who founded them. A little something that wasn't disclosed.

Essentially they re-funded their non-profits. Ferguson got nothing. Victims got nothing. Activists got nothing. Just the non-profits that are "Black Lives Matter."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-liberal-foun/

Deray McKesson, the "de facto leader" as dubbed by media is a DNC surrogate. He was a spy/agent for the DNC when the protests kicked off in Ferguson. The media doesn't report he was smacked and ran out of Ferguson by one of their founders. He was sent packing for "stealing." He was claiming to represent the community he'd just visited while libeling/slandering the actual founders.

Darren Seals, the founder of Ferguson's movement, and an outspoken critic of what BLM was doing, was later found murdered right before the election.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:45 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the fraudulent representation of Black Lives Matter.

Black Lives Matter didn't start the protests in Ferguson. They didn't start 'The Movement,' which was a youth based movement away from both parties.

The DNC ran a COINTEL agent, Deray McKesson, to fraudulently represent these 'Movements.' He's a DNC surrogate as revealed by the wiki leaks.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/wiki...eray-mckesson/

WikiLeaks emails reveal DeRay Mckesson was vetted as a potential DNC surrogate - Baltimore Sun

Essentially you had the DNC taking credit for a movement it didn't start, while libeling/slandering the actual founders and claiming to represent a "grassroots movement." In reality, the group was a Soros funded non-profit network that had received millions prior to Ferguson, and hi-jacked their movement and the youth movement.

In essence they were an astro-turf movement that colluded with media and social media.
The Russians sure seem to fear Soros the most.

Could it be he donates billions of his dollars to root out corruption in government and Russia is the most corrupt government on the planet?

If you Google the name George Soros, ignore the paid ad to YouTube. Likely Russia paid for that ad as well as the people fighting to maintain the status quo and theft from the people of Russia.

Putin and his billionaire Oligarchs are feeling cornered.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:56 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
I don't feel that the Russian trolls/bots had more of an influence then BLM. I'd change my stance if I believed the opposite. There was a local BLM chapter in my hometown, with an agenda. The agenda was coming from a centralized source. That centralized source had sabotaged people in my city. Not only were they influencing politics, they were influencing business and the social construct.

As far as the police corruption issue, they completely sabotaged that. And sabotaged activists/founders who got it all going. Russia wasn't able to do that. Twitter, probably the 2nd largest social media company, actively employed a fraud (and still do) who is used to influence public opinion. Who's stolen from Americans and sabotaged activists.

I think the Russia situation is concerning, but to talk about fraudulent election influence and ignore what happened with BLM domestically is more concerning. I'm all about fighting the battle domestically and abroad. For me, I want a fair process.
Let's pretend for a moment that the 20th century didn't happen. There was not some fear of impending doom that would occur in a large scale war between two superpowers with nukes.

Great, let's compare your BLM to Russia and how we'd respond without that century. BLM is, as your describing (rather or not it's true is irrelevant), engaging in corruption. How we'd address that is prosecute those who have committed a crime and engage in public debate to see about reforms that can occur to avoid this from happening again. To be fair, this also assumes representatives are not jellyfish bound to partisan talking points.

Now, on to Russia. The reason I brought up the 20th century and the fear of annihilation we got from it is because had that not happened, we'd already have troops marching on their way to Moscow for what they did. This was a planned attack on political institutions. If nukes weren't in the equation (and a president who's ego is so pathetically fragile that he cannot even acknowledge the Russian wrong doing because that would cheapen his win that he needs to serve as evidence of how perfect of a human he is), we'd have had a delcaration of war by now. Probably more than a decade ago, actually.

Do you understand the difference? One is an act of war, the other is corruption. We can agree both are bad, but when we're talking about what these things are by nature, it should not matter which had more of an impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies