Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who had a bigger influence on our Democracy?
Russia 27 57.45%
Black Lives Matter 15 31.91%
Unsure 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:32 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times

Advertisements

Gtownoe, refresh my memory, I'm getting mixed responses on Google. What was the Millennial Revolution?

Old 02-18-2018, 05:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
If 13 Russians did all this meddling think of the 10 of millions of foreign nationals, operatives and disloyal Americans are doing. Russia way down the list. I want to get to the bottom of the La Rasa scandal.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:42 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Let's pretend for a moment that the 20th century didn't happen. There was not some fear of impending doom that would occur in a large scale war between two superpowers with nukes.

Great, let's compare your BLM to Russia and how we'd respond without that century. BLM is, as your describing (rather or not it's true is irrelevant), engaging in corruption. How we'd address that is prosecute those who have committed a crime and engage in public debate to see about reforms that can occur to avoid this from happening again. To be fair, this also assumes representatives are not jellyfish bound to partisan talking points.

Now, on to Russia. The reason I brought up the 20th century and the fear of annihilation we got from it is because had that not happened, we'd already have troops marching on their way to Moscow for what they did. This was a planned attack on political institutions. If nukes weren't in the equation (and a president who's ego is so pathetically fragile that he cannot even acknowledge the Russian wrong doing because that would cheapen his win that he needs to serve as evidence of how perfect of a human he is), we'd have had a delcaration of war by now. Probably more than a decade ago, actually.

Do you understand the difference? One is an act of war, the other is corruption. We can agree both are bad, but when we're talking about what these things are by nature, it should not matter which had more of an impact.
You're the 1st one to offer that perspective. I'm guessing you lived through that period? I just say that, because that's the 1st time I've heard your perspective.

I agree that both are concerns. One foreign, one domestic. The "war" factor is definitely something to make Russia a priority. I can see where you're coming from.

For me, I just assumed this was the 1st time Russia was caught. I know other countries hack us too, particularly China. They do it to the public sector and I'm sure the private as well. I didn't look at is a huge issue, compared to what some institutions do here in our own country.

Gonna take some time to process what you said. Right now I'm thinking that the Russia situation might've not had as big of an impact, but I can see why its a major concern if true. I think the BLM situation had a bigger impact, but I see where you're coming from when you talk about true acts of war and sabotage. One is foreign, the other domestic.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Gtownoe, refresh my memory, I'm getting mixed responses on Google. What was the Millennial Revolution?
When you hear people referring to 'The Movement,' that's what I'm referencing. It was the organizing slogan/Movement for all of these movements that came afterward. That's why you hear everyone referenced as a "Movement" and why Black Lives Matter tried to state they were, "Leading the Movement" when they arrived to Ferguson. If I can find that initial introduction article (Ferguson didn't know BLM, as well as those in The Movement), I'll post it.

The protests didn't start out physically, everything started out online. 'The Movement' provided a lot of the media coverage and traffic for Ferguson. Everybody merged when the shooting happened and protests began, and then a month after 8/9/2014 is when BLM bussed in dozens of protesters and paid activists.

Things didn't start out based on race. I know myself and others rejected BLM solely for the fact all police corruption victims weren't black. This is before we knew they were special interest. We won the debate, but that's when a lot of the tricky stuff started happening. For example, our hashtag wouldn't populate on Twitter. Twitter began shadow banning accounts and leadership.

We didn't know at the time, but Twitter was working with BLM, but not disclosing their relationship. They essentially tried to (and it seems pretty successful) hi-jack the entire movement, and silence the founders. Eventually Ferguson ran them out of the city for what they were doing. There's no BLM chapter in Ferguson/St. Louis.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If 13 Russians did all this meddling think of the 10 of millions of foreign nationals, operatives and disloyal Americans are doing. Russia way down the list. I want to get to the bottom of the La Rasa scandal.
I definitely feel BLM's influence had a bigger impact. Another poster made a great point about the war factor, but as far as sheer influence, I think there was more shady stuff taking place at the time.

BLM impacted our country on so many different levels. And each of the issues they tried to influence, are very complex and have big implications. I think its dangerous to astroturf movements.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:05 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
George Soros spent $33MILLION bankrolling Ferguson protesters | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Liberal billionaire George Soros donated $33million to social justice organizations which helped turn events in Ferguson from a local protest into a national flashpoint.

The handouts, revealed in tax filings from Soros's private foundation, were given to dozens of different groups which weighed in on the crisis.

Organizers from professional groups in Washington, D.C., and New York were bussed into the Missouri town to co-ordinate messaging and lobby to news media to cover events using the billionaire's funding...

...The slew of organizations reportedly created their own online 'echo chamber', by using their extensive social media presences to 'like', repost and comment on articles putting across their point of view...

...Soros also gave money to the Drug Policy Alliance, which worked on the perpetuation of the 'black lives matter' buzz phrase, which has been incorporated into speeches by political figures including Hillary Clinton...
We've been telling people that Soros is behind a lot of this, and is paying protesters, but some refused to believe it.

That is your real enemy - George Soros.

Alternative link if you don't like the DM: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...hopes-to-spur/

Quote:
...“I went to Ferguson in a quest to be in solidarity and stand with the young organizers and affirm their leadership,” said Kassandra Frederique, policy manager at the Drug Policy Alliance, which was founded by Mr. Soros, and which receives $4 million annually from his foundation. She traveled to Ferguson in October.

“We recognized this movement is similar to the work we’re doing at DPA,” said Ms. Frederique. “The war on drugs has always been to operationalize, institutionalize and criminalize people of color. Protecting personal sovereignty is a cornerstone of the work we do and what this movement is all about.”

Ms. Frederique works with Opal Tometi, co-creator of #BlackLivesMatter — a hashtag that was developed after the killing of Trayvon Martin in Florida — and helped promote it on DPA’s news feeds. Ms. Tometi runs the Black Alliance for Just Immigration, a group to which Mr. Soros gave $100,000 in 2011, according to the most recent of his foundation’s tax filings...

Old 02-20-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
George Soros spent $33MILLION bankrolling Ferguson protesters | Daily Mail Online

We've been telling people that Soros is behind a lot of this, and is paying protesters, but some refused to believe it.

That is your real enemy - George Soros.

Alternative link if you don't like the DM: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...hopes-to-spur/
It is true. He astroturfed the entire movement. He directly paid Black Lives Matter as well as indirectly (or directly) paid Deray Mckesson, the de facto spokesperson.

4 years of lies, sabotage, and manipulation while the actual founders were silenced, blackballed, and one was murdered.

I've followed some of the Founders and those who started Ferguson ALL said the same thing. As well as those who started The Movement. And even the BLM founders, who were corrupt themselves, said that the Deray McKesson guy, they DNC plant/spy, erased the work of about 80% of the women on the ground and took credit.

As in, he completely erased everyone's work so he could insert his own narrative.

Do you remember #Cutthecheck? That was when those protesters weren't getting paid and turned on MORE. It was essentually the former ACORN network. It's a DNC network.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:03 AM

I think the fact that Twitter strategically sabotaged the largest grassroots Movement at the time, inserted its own astroturf Movement (Black Lives Matter), then employed its own internal "activist" who was found to be corrupt and to have been libeling, slandering and stealing from actual activists make them a much bigger threat.

How many in this country use Twitter? How many news outlets?

If we're going to get our information from Social Media, and they're controlling, literally controlling the winners and losers and who can speak on what, then we need to seriously re-evaluate our democracy.

It used to be that you just couldn't say inflammatory things, violent things, racist, etc. Now its literally you can't operate outside of their special interest.

Remember, the Original Movement supported LGBT rights, was NOT race based, and was something positive. It wasn't that we weren't supporting similar issues, it was all about control. This wasn't a "Conservative" movement per se, that they were blocking. Although things like accountability and self reliance were pushed. This was a Movement pushing some progressive issues that was sabotaged.

I could post some articles from Conservatives revealing the same thing. However, they were a little short sighted in assuming it was only happening on the "left."

Old 02-20-2018, 03:58 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Now, on to Russia. The reason I brought up the 20th century and the fear of annihilation we got from it is because had that not happened, we'd already have troops marching on their way to Moscow for what they did. This was a planned attack on political institutions. If nukes weren't in the equation (and a president who's ego is so pathetically fragile that he cannot even acknowledge the Russian wrong doing because that would cheapen his win that he needs to serve as evidence of how perfect of a human he is), we'd have had a delcaration of war by now. Probably more than a decade ago, actually.

Do you understand the difference? One is an act of war, the other is corruption.

So what you are saying, is that both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were war mongers.

They both meddled in foreign elections including in Russia and you consider that an act of war. We've been toppling foreign governments or interfering in foreign elections for over a century now. We've been meddling in Russian politics since Wilson literally invaded the Soviets in 1918.

Is Putin's actions just Clinton and Obama's chickens coming home to roost?

Even though, your argument has established Clinton and Obama as war mongers committing acts of war on foreign countries, aren't you glad that those countries haven't responded with bloodshed, the kind that you think is righteous and wish that Trump would and could do against Russia?

It seems as if neither side is so innocent, I'd prefer to not be hypocritical about this.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 02-20-2018 at 04:08 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 01:14 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
I'm not in the least bit shocked that the usual suspects are ignoring this thread instead of their usual howling and protesting reality.

Must be on Soros' payroll.

I know the media visits 4Chan and tries to pretend to be one of them. I know that they visit Reddit and tries to pretend to be one of them. I know that they infiltrate Twitter, probably have a hand in Facebook as well, so it would not at all surprise me, since we know for a fact that 2 people in the past have been proven, or outright admitted, that they are paid shills, if there were a whole lot more on this forum.

I'll call them: Media bots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies