Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 07:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I said "almost meaningless". Using Grand Juries as a political tool is a time honored tradition. Do some research before you start throwing stones. Do you even know the purpose of a Grand Jury? You understand that they don't determine guilt or innocence, right? Where did YOU get your legal training?
And don't forget that only one side gets to present evidence to the grand jury. The ham sandwich does not get to defend itself.

These are all foreigners who will presumably never be tried, so the allegations -- which may or may not be true in whole or in part -- will never be tested.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Making a diagnosis without examining the patient is bad. Propagating said diagnosis is a clear ethics violation. Period.
It's also a tort. The only question is whether public figure Trump could prove "actual malice" under the Sullivan standard. And in 80% of the counties in this country, I think he could. And if he proved that malice, there is literally no limit to the amount of damages Trump could be awarded, at least in Texas.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:42 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's also a tort. The only question is whether public figure Trump could prove "actual malice" under the Sullivan standard. And in 80% of the counties in this country, I think he could. And if he proved that malice, there is literally no limit to the amount of damages Trump could be awarded, at least in Texas.
Your an attorney. A Jewish attorney?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:51 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Then they need to lose their licenses.
Oh boy. Bet when their association attorneys find out everyone will get a lashing. ... you don't suppose a medical professional association actually consulted their attorneys first? Do you? I mean these people are so stupid compared to various anonymous internet forum posters who know all about the laws and liabilities ... know what I mean?

Quote:
Thank goodness you've arrived. This thread so needs an expert on tort law. Clearly the whole objection expressed about Chump is maliciously fabricated by 60,000 mental health professionals conspiratorially. We know this because the Donald hasn't exhibited any mental / emotional instability over his years, being the model citizen he's always been. So it's a pretty good bet that 60,000 mental health professionals have been exchanging emails and got together - maybe in a stadium or something - to put this malicious attack together. It'll come out ... the emails ... the rallies ... money changing hands by the millions and billions to be leveraged.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:54 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I find it silly when someone who doesn't agree with what one person said posts to a message board to rile people up. First, Rob Reiner is allowed to have his opinion. In this case, I think he's wrong about the suggestions and treason is a real serious charge. I'll wait for Mueller's investigation before I start throwing that word around. Somehow I doubt he'll ever utter those words, particularly at Trump. (Which is not to say Trump and more of his team would find themselves charge, but I have no way to know that.)

I don't know if Trump is mentally ill. People seem to throw that phrase around a lot just to describe someone they don't like or someone who is a butthole. There are a lot of reasonable and decent mentally ill people out there. I suffer from mental illness too. What does that prove? Nothing. But for this meathead to call anyone mentally ill is pretty dangerous. What he means is that he hates Trump. OK. Fine. But don't stigmatize all mentally ill folks because you don't like the president who you haven't proven is mentally ill.

People also throw terms around like sociopath and psychopath as if they know what they're talking about. Most of the time they don't. I don't mean to suggest that I know more than anyone else, but I have been reading up on sociopaths in the last few days. And I also have stayed at a Holiday Inn in the past! First, laymen use the two terms to mean the same thing. Experts say they are two different things.

Mental health experts say sociopaths make up about 1% of the population. I saw one stat that says CEOs make up about 4% of the population. They aren't usually violent, but they aren't diagnosed by random people who have never met them either.

Now in a way I've done something silly. I complained about someone posting a random comment by someone on the other side of the political spectrum from them and how that made no sense. But then I commented on the same ish. SMH

Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I find it silly when someone who doesn't agree with what one person said posts to a message board to rile people up. First, Rob Reiner is allowed to have his opinion. In this case, I think he's wrong about the suggestions and treason is a real serious charge. I'll wait for Mueller's investigation before I start throwing that word around. Somehow I doubt he'll ever utter those words, particularly at Trump. (Which is not to say Trump and more of his team would find themselves charge, but I have no way to know that.)

I don't know if Trump is mentally ill. People seem to throw that phrase around a lot just to describe someone they don't like or someone who is a butthole. There are a lot of reasonable and decent mentally ill people out there. I suffer from mental illness too. What does that prove? Nothing. But for this meathead to call anyone mentally ill is pretty dangerous. What he means is that he hates Trump. OK. Fine. But don't stigmatize all mentally ill folks because you don't like the president who you haven't proven is mentally ill.

People also throw terms around like sociopath and psychopath as if they know what they're talking about. Most of the time they don't. I don't mean to suggest that I know more than anyone else, but I have been reading up on sociopaths in the last few days. And I also have stayed at a Holiday Inn in the past! First, laymen use the two terms to mean the same thing. Experts say they are two different things.

Mental health experts say sociopaths make up about 1% of the population. I saw one stat that says CEOs make up about 4% of the population. They aren't usually violent, but they aren't diagnosed by random people who have never met them either.

Now in a way I've done something silly. I complained about someone posting a random comment by someone on the other side of the political spectrum from them and how that made no sense. But then I commented on the same ish. SMH
Hi joe. Know what? Sometimes people who throw a term like sociopath around DO know what they're talking about. But here, let's let a professional definition guide us:
Quote:
Qualities of a Sociopath
Someone who is described as a sociopath will have several traits that set them apart from those with no personality disorders. These traits include the following...

• Lack of empathy – Inability to feel sympathy for others or to understand the emotional consequences of their actions

• Cold, calculating nature – The ability and willingness to use others around them to personal gain

• Shallow emotions – Lack of real emotion in response to events, limited capacity to feel love

• Narcissism – A personality disorder in itself in which the individual feels strong love and admiration toward themselves (often a defense mechanism against deep seated low esteem)

• Grandiose self image – They might see themselves as someone who is superior to others and sometimes even experiences delusions. A sociopath might see themselves as a fitting ruler of a country or even the world, but might also have delusional beliefs such as seeing themselves as a God or having super powers

• Charming – While the sociopath is unable to fully understand the emotions of others, they are capable but rather highly adept at mimicking them and might appear to be charming and normal at first

• High IQ – Often sociopaths will exhibit a high IQ which they can use to manipulate and plan

• Manipulative – Sociopaths use their superficial charm and high IQ to manipulate others to get their ends, and their lack of empathy allows them to do this with no sense of guilt or remorse

• Secretive – Has little need for others and is highly secretive in their actions meaning

• Sexually deviant – The lack of remorse, guilt or emotional attachments means that the sociopath is happy to have affairs and to engage in questionable sexual activity without questioning their desires

• Sensitive to criticism – That said, like all narcissists, the sociopath will desire the approval of others and will be highly sensitive to criticisms. They often feel they deserve adulation and admiration of the world and might feel victimized

• Paranoid – Often their lack of understanding of emotion along with their incongruous self view means that they feel a lack of trust and paranoia

• Despotic/Authoritarian – Often the sociopath will see themselves as a necessary authority and will be in favor or totalitarian rule

• Lawfulness – Despite popular belief, a sociopath is not likely to be a problem to the law in later life, but rather will seek to find loopholes, to rise to a position of power, or to move to another area so that their behavior is tolerated

• Low tolerance for boredom – Sociopaths require constant stimulation and get quickly bored

• Impulsive behavior – A lack of regret and empathy means makes sociopaths more likely to make sudden rash decisions based on the current facts

• Compulsive lying – As part of their facade, and as a means to an end, sociopaths are compulsive liars and will rarely speak truthfully making them hard to pin down

• The MacDonald Triad – In childhood sociopaths will likely have demonstrated the 'MacDonald Triad' also known as the 'Triad of Sociopathy', traits that often are demonstrated in sociopaths from a young age. These include animal cruelty (pulling the wings off of flies etc, bed wetting, and pyromania (an obsession with fire setting)).

Sociopaths of course vary in their symptoms and might act differently in different cases. However their main trait is presenting themselves as having the same empathy feelings and emotions as others when in fact they lack this emotional capacity. They are thus cold and manipulative and rarely see any problem with their actions
Recognize any public figure in that professional description?

You're right about there being lots of mentally ill people who are nice enough and not dangerous and well intentioned, etc etc etc. .... BUT, not sociopaths. Sociopaths and nacissists are not nice people. And they should not sit in the most powerful office in the world as a leader.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Thank goodness you've arrived. This thread so needs an expert on tort law. Clearly the whole objection expressed about Chump is maliciously fabricated by 60,000 mental health professionals conspiratorially.
There's nothing conspiratorial about it. They just share the same misanthropic political goal.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hi joe. Know what? Sometimes people who throw a term like sociopath around DO know what they're talking about. But here, let's let a professional definition guide us:

Recognize any public figure in that professional description?

You're right about there being lots of mentally ill people who are nice enough and not dangerous and well intentioned, etc etc etc. .... BUT, not sociopaths. Sociopaths and nacissists are not nice people. And they should not sit in the most powerful office in the world as a leader.
Those descriptions could apply to half of DC and half of Hollywood as well.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
There's nothing conspiratorial about it. They just share the same misanthropic political goal.
Ah. Well then. There goes the tort action.

He's a public figure. Has been his entire life. His behaviors have been publcly offensive and outrageous since he was not much more than a sprout. Short an intensive conspiratorial campaign - no court would rule he has been damaged by far less powerful individuals whose training, work, and lives are dedicated to serving human best interests.

“Misanthropic” political goal? “Misanthropic”? To remove a person who harms and terrorizes others with malicious intent and deep resources - from a position of great power? “Misanthropic”? Do you have the slightest idea what that term means?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Those descriptions could apply to half of DC and half of Hollywood as well.
Well, that's a bit over the top ... but there's some substance to it. Yep.

Regardless, that doesn't diminsh the stunning near 100% applicability to Chump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies